“A fabulous stay” 5 of 5 stars

The Rhythms of the South
Ranked #4 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
“A fabulous stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel made my stay one that I will always remember. I sayed in late December to celebrate my birthday and I couldn't have felt more welcomed! They greeted me with suprises and pampered us with some pretty great amenities ( the lavish toiletries, the amazing view, the fully stocked minibar, the delicious Birthday treat!!). The staff was very courteous and gave personalized one-on-one service, something that was definitely apreciated by my guest! Overall it was a fabulous stay, one I plan to repeat.

• Stayed December 2012
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear TStroud,

Thanks for all the kind words you had to say about the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We all try every hard here to make everything enjoyable for our guests. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Thanks again,
Christian King
Director of Housekeeping

830 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Athens, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We've stayed at many other hotels in Atlanta, but this is now our hotel no matter why we're in town.If there's a concert at Philips Arena, we'll hop on Marta which is only a couple of blocks away.
The staff couldn't be nicer, no attitudes like other hotels ( hint hint to the w staff). Great location and within walking distance to a lot of great restaurants.
We look forward to every visit- it's always a great getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing Juniper- there's a bar open very late.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear TStroud
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your comments and the team really enjoyed reading what you had to say about them. We take a lot of time to hire people with the friendliest personalities and a great attitude as those are not attributes that anyone can teach.

We can't wait to welcome you back and ensure you have a fabulous stay again.

See you soon
Russellville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Was at a conference held at the hotel and found the conference and meeting spaces to be top notch. The room was great too. Their were plenty of great restaurants within walking distance. I recommend Loews Atlanta without hesitation.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MitchM2,

We are so happy that Loews Atlanta will be your go-to for hotel recommendations and that you found our conference spaces to be "top-notch." Thanks for taking time to complete a TripAdvisor review for us and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Martin Charlton
Director of Conference and Catering
Poulsbo, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This would have been a five-star review if the wi fi had been free. We're just not used to paying for wi fi and were surprised that we had to at this hotel. However, the room was amazing including a very large bathroom with a separate tub and shower, and a built-in television. The staff was very courteous. Most wonderful, however, was the bed--extremely comfortable! We very much enjoyed our stay at Lowes.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear McSix,

We are sorry that the wifi connection inconvenienced you. We are currently working on a plan to supply free wifi for the entire hotel. Make sure to come back and check in again. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Many thanks,
Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Words cannot describe the journey we just embarked on...in our own city! Our first stay ever at Loews Atlanta. I received a personal phone call from the concierge who was inquiring about the notes I wrote in my website reservation (yes, they actually read them). His name was Jonathan Vendrick. Once he found out what my husband and I were celebrating (a number of big milestones), he immediately went into putting a "package" together for us. Mind you, we only reserved a King deluxe for a night, but when I heard the genuine excitement in his voice I had no idea what was to follow. You ready? A free upgrade to a King Suite with the most beautiful view of the city, dinner reservations at our favorite restaurant, free VIP passes to an exclusive club, free drinks at their lobby bar Bar Eleven, free drinks at the steakhouse next store, a discount at the Loews Spa, free champagne in our room with flutes and gourmet chocolates...I mean really?? I nearly drowned in a bubble bath in the oversized bath tub! We were driven to locations by their car service in a Mercedes SUV driven by Jerome, who was kind, timely, and funny. The next day, we were personally escorted next door to Cafe Intermezzo for a romantic brunch. It was a rainy night in the ATL, but there was sunshine in our hearts because of the EXCEPTIONAL service we received. Thank you to Mr. Vendrick and ALL the staff! We can't wait for our next get away to the city!

Room Tip: Any room is beautiful, but if you want a room with windows from floor to ceiling, it is worth the sm...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lauren A.,

Our VIP Manager, Jonathan, is truely a superstar. He likes making special moments even more special and I am happy to see that he got the chance to do that with you. We are happy that enjoyed every area of the hotel, from bar eleven to exhale spa. We can't wait to wow you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Hands down, by far the best hotel in Atlanta I've been to thus far!

I first stayed at the Loews when visiting with a friend from LA back in July. Besides the impeccable lobby and sleek building facade, we were immediately impressed with the exceptional customer service. From the doorman to the three people greeting us at the front desk going out of their way to ensure we had a high floor with a city view upgrade for no extra charge, we were blown away. The room was immaculate with heavenly beds and excellent housekeeping service. We also enjoyed the bar downstairs on a few occasions. The fact that they remembered our names on our second visit to the bar was also quite impressive. The staff also remembered my name after one day on my third recent visit and the property remains outstanding!

Unfortunately, the Loews was booked when another friend from LA and I visited again in January. Instead, we thought we found an amazing rate at the Four Seasons midtown - only blocks away. I've stayed at several incredible Four Seasons properties, but this one had tiny twin beds and the staff were rude. I took my friend to the Loews bar where he was blown away with the comparatively nice staff and clean/modern look. We did get to enjoy Exhale - the spa at the Loews and it is also incredible. It shamed the small pool at he Four Seasons and our massages were also far superior to the Mandarin Oriental that we later visited up in Buckhead. I've also stayed at the Ritz Carlton and Hyatt in Buckhead and neither can compete with the Loews.

I could go on and on, but take my word that the Loews beats any other hotel in Atlanta by far - from the staff, the building - all the way to the incredible location. This is my third time here and I'll never stay anywhere else again!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Suttongate,

Thank you for all the compliments, we work hard to keep our hotel at its best condition. We are so happy that you think the Loews Atlanta is the best hotel in the entire city. We couldn't agree more. We can't wait to see you around our lobby again soon!

Many thanks,
Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times when in Atlanta. Location is fantastic with lots of things in walking distance. I actually rode the Marta up from the airport and you can walk to this hotle from the station.

Only slight negative is the bar seems to close early. I think 11pm and the place was still crowded. I would have like to linger longer and have a few more drinks with friends.

I will for sure stay here again as or maybe alternate between here and the Four Seasons close by.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JaniceInAtlanta,

Thanks for taking the time to write such lovely comments about the hotel. We're sorry that our lobby bar didn't stay open longer for you and your friends. On your next stay make sure to ask our Front Desk team and we'll be happy to let you know the hours of operation of all our outlets and supply you with a list of local bars all within walking distance to the hotel if you would like to celebrate longer!

See you again shortly!
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Been to Loews Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!