“Nice hotel in Atlanta” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Connecticut
“Nice hotel in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

A co-worker and I were attending a trade show at the GWCC at the end of January. We had booked our reservations through the show. We arrived around 3:30 to a very busy lobby. (Lots of groups checking in, some problem with a key card) Daniel Sturdevant came over to the front desk and offered to help us check in. My check in was un-eventful, however, my co-worker's reservation was not in the system. (We blame this snafu on the trade show not the hotel). Daniel quickly got a room for my co-worker, took a copy of our hotel confirmation from the show and said he would get to the bottom of it. There was a very refreshing sweet water with lime on ice in the lobby--delish after a day of flying.

We went up to our rooms to drop off the luggage. My room was on the front side of the hotel so the view wasn't that great..but it wasn't like I was there for vacaction so that was fine. The bathroom was huge--a big separate glass shower, a full sized tub, a large vanity..plenty of towels. They had a large assortment of Lather soaps, shampoos and creams. (I just went to Lather.com and bought some full sized products yesterday!) My co-worker is a big hockey player...he liked the smell of the shampoo and soap so much he confessed to using the conditioner in his hair too! The bathroom was very clean (I have been known to buy a bottle of Clorox clean up to spray on surfaces of suspect hotel bathrooms--there was no need here!)

The bed was big and comfortable..the pillows were too puffy for me...so I slept without one..but the mattress was so comfy..I didn't really miss the pillow.

That night, I had an appointment at the Spa for a 1 hour fusion massage. Sue was great!

We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant..the food was fine...it was expensive around $40 for 2 people for breakfast is steep--but they did give you a lot of food...you could get a buffet or eggs cooked to order.

The bartenders in the bar were helpful in suggesting restaurants for dinner and the valets were always happy to get you a cab. Drinks were expensive...$12.00 per cocktails with brand name liquor.

We discovered that neither of us had packed an umbrella and the hotel store was sold out of them. The girls in the store advised us, that we could borrow umbrellas from the front desk. We were happy not to have to buy another umbrella and bring it home to our 'umbrella collections'.

We spent 3 nights at the Loews and had a great time. We agreed it was a really nice hotel and the midtown location was convenient enough to downtown that we didn't feel like we were out in the boon docks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear IcePrnsess,

Well, it certainly sounds like you had a fantastic stay. We absolutely love reading reviews like yours- funny, helpful, and well-written! We have passed along your kind words to our Assistant Front Office Manager, Daniel. He’s so happy to help whenever he can and he’s an absolute joy to work with.

We are glad that you enjoyed your entire stay, from the bedding to the bar and we can’t wait to see you again very soon!

Many thanks!
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Norcross, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a brief getaway on February 9, 2013. While we were greatly impressed by the outstanding valets and doorpersons and especially the front desk representative who checked us out (Derale), we were not pleased with our stay overall.

The representative who checked us in was nice, but her greeting and interaction with us did not come across as sincere. Check-in was quick though, and in no time at all, we had received our letter describing what items were included with our Suite Seasons package - free internet, the room of course, a welcome amenity (later we discovered this item to be a small bottle of Fiji water and three green apples which were included unceremoniously with our dining order), and a $50 dining credit.

For the most part, my husband and I both thought the room furnishings were okay - the large bed, the attractive desk with two chairs and plenty of electrical outlets, two large flat screen televisions (and a great cable selection) plus the huge bathroom, I thought the suite would be two rooms divided by a door, but this room had only a divider between the living area and the bedroom (at least it was a sizable divider).

What didn’t impress either of us and left us hugely disappointed was the dust in the room (I was so shocked by this dust accumulation at a “luxury hotel” that I have even included photos). I was happy I had my inhaler with me because this room looked like a miniature dust bowl had rolled through, with dust scattered on several of the tables and desks. It was so bad we even called the front desk and asked for someone to come up and clean the room.

The person who answered the phone said she would send housekeeping up, but she didn’t express any concern or make any type of apology for the state of the room. After housekeeping left, we did not receive a follow-up call from the front desk. The room was still somewhat dusty after the housekeepers did their jobs, but by that time, we were just ready to kick off our shoes and unwind. In retrospect, I guess we should have asked for a different room, but at the same time, I think the hotel should have simply offered us one.

We ordered room service with our dining credit and were not overly pleased with it either. The chicken fingers were to die for, but the margherita pizza was not prepared well and the burger was overcooked and over-seasoned. The condiments as well as the accompaniments to the burger (the lettuce, onion, and tomato) arrived in uncovered dishes and ramekins. I can only imagine the dust particles that landed on these items as they traveled to our room. My husband and I are used to having someone from dining call us after we receive our food to see if everything was okay. Needless to say, we did not receive any sort of call from in-room dining.

Despite the friendliness of the check-out clerk and the employees who helped us get in and out of the hotel, we will more than likely not return to this hotel. In our opinion, it’s not worth the cost. You can get better service for equal to what we paid and even less in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Tripre,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review. We need to hear about our opportunities as well as our successes in order for us to keep getting better, so your feedback is invaluable. We are so sorry to hear that you had some rough patches during your stay with us and want to assure you that this is not the norm by any means. You have provided us with a lot of detail on your experience, however, we would like to discuss the situation in detail, so we can ensure no other guest has an experience like this. You can reach me at mkoka@loewshotels.com

Again, we appreciate the feedback, and hope to have the opportunity to give you a true Loews Atlanta experience in the near future.

Sincerel,
Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We loved our stay at the hotel - more for its hospitality. Prior to arriving, they called us to see if there was anything they could do for us.They made us feel very comfortable when we reached the hotel at a very odd hour. Rooms and bathrooms are beautiful, being on 25th floor the view is spectacular. Both my preteen girls loved the TV in the bathroom. It is located right in the city's center which is near to many attractions. They even provided a free shuttle within a 3 mile distance. Staff is courteous and helpful. Service was exceptionally good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Neelima M.,

We believe that a warm welcome is the only way to walk into the Loews Atlanta Hotel. No matter the time of day we try our hardest to greet every guest, every time, with a big smile and by seeing if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you though for all the compliments you had to share about the hotel. It’s always nice to hear that our guests appreciate all the hard work that every Loews Atlanta team members puts forth. We can’t wait to dazzle you again, the next time you check in.

Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Again, Loews Atlanta has made us feel like pampered guests.
Jonathan, the VIP Conceierge, is a great guy and fantastic asset to this luxurious hotel. He made reservations for us and made a special effort to see that we were most comfortable with our experience in Atlanta.
Arrangements were made for my wife, our small dog and me to have one of their Grand King rooms. We had a beautifully appointed spacious corner room with floor to ceiling windows. The views, both day and night, were remarkable.
We had delicious at the extensive buffet breakfast at Eleven, the hotel restaurant.
The wait staff were also most attentive.
We can't wait 'till our next visit to our home away from home.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Peter A.,

Thank you for all your kind words and for taking time to complete a review for us. Jonathan is amazing at making every guest feel as luxurious as can be, and we are happy that you felt this joy as well. We feel at Loews Atlanta that every family member, even the ones with four legs, should have the absolute best in comfort. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, from your room’s view to the service in our restaurant Eleven.

We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A few months ago I won a free night at Loews Atlanta via their Facebook page. My stay far exceeded my expectations and I ended up extending my stay two additional nights (those nights weren't so free, but totally worth the luxuriousness)! I look forward to returning to Atlanta and being welcomed by such an awesome staff. Thanks Loews :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Grafik101,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write such a lovely and well-worded review for us. We rely of faithful followers like yourself on and off the web, and we are happy that you are such a big fan of our “luxuriousness.” We are quite fond of you “luxuriousness” as well!

Many Thanks,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We always have a wonderful time at this hotel. Jonathan the head concierge goes above and beyond to assist us with anything we might need--small or large. Staff is courteous and helpful--and they remember us--making a point to say hello or welcome back. View: spectacular; location: walking distance to almost everything; rooms: contemporary and spotless; lobby bar & restaurant: just what you need; exhale spa: great classes and superb treatments--David is an amazing masseuse who is very knowledgeable and experienced. We have never been disappointed here. We will go back again & again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear PB99power,

Thank you for ranting and raving about the Loews Atlanta Hotel. We will pass along all your kind words to our head concierge, Jonathan. He’s so spectacular with each and every guest, so make sure before your next visit that you give him a shout. He’ll be happy to set anything up for you and will go above and beyond to make your stay extra special! Also, we’re so happy that David’s massage relaxed you away and made you feel so comfortable. It sounds like you truly did have a magical stay.

We can’t wait to see you again soon,
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently won a free stay at the beautiful Loews Atlanta Hotel via social media. It was extremely quick, easy, and hassle-free to enter the contest, and i was honored to be the winner. Wende was very sweet and accommodating when she set up my reservation. She went out of her way to make my visit special. She even called me later to check in with me and make sure that everything would run smoothly for my visit. I was celebrating my one year anniversary with my husband, and the amazing Loews staff worked hard to make sure that our visit was exceptional. We were not even paying customers, and they still made us feel like royalty! The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and elegant. Windows wrapped around our corner room and greeted us with a breathtaking view of the park and the city.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on a higher floor are the best because the view of the city is spectacular!