“Comfortable luxury” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Comfortable luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great place in a great location. Close to many eateries, nightclubs and Marta station. Rooms are very clean and modern. My bed was very comfortable, I could have slept all day. If you order room service, the food is expensive, but it's good. Also, I frequent the lobby here for casual cocktails and it's a nice vibe with music in the evenings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Glamtrav,

Thank you for all the fantastic things you had to say about the Loews Atlanta. We are glad that you found us to be in a prime location for everything you needed and that your bed was so comfortable that you wanted to sleep all day!

We look forward to seeing you around the lobby,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager

842 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Wonderful hotel, beautiful common/lobby area, rooms are spacious and the staff is very helpful and friends. For business in mid-town, this is the place to be; although expensive, it's worth it.

Michael G at the front desk was so helpful and nice....I'll be back.

Room Tip: High floors give a great view of the city depending on side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Linda Kay G.,

Thanks so much for all your kind words and we appreciate your very succinct review. We’ve passed along your compliments to Michael, he was glad that he could help! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel has it down right, they pay attention to all the small details and make you feel like you are staying in a true luxury hotel. The lobby and common areas are well-appointed and comfortable, and the guest rooms are stylish and contemporary without feeling too modern or cold. Highly recommended

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, don't stay on the side overlooking the nearby nightclub (to the s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rich M.,

We truly appreciate that you took the time to write a review for us. We take great pride in how our hotel feels to each and every one of our guests. We are ecstatic that you loved our ambiance and vibe!

See you again soon,
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My best friend and I visited Atlanta for a weekend and stayed at this amazing hotel. Everyone that works at the hotel provided the best customer service. From the parking attendants, doormen, front desk and concierge. We had an amazing staff member named Jonathan Vendrick assist us with our dinner plans. He took the time to layout an entire evening for me and my friend. It was perfect. Down to the map that guided us around. We also had a great man named DJ drive us to our concert rather than taking a cab! Everyone that works there is cheerful and happy to assist yu with anything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Christel F.,

We have passed along your kind words to Jonathan Vendrick, our VIP Manager, and DJ, our Loews Atlanta Driver. They were elated to hear that they contributed to making your stay so wonderful! Jonathan was especially happy that you were so pleased with the dinner plans he made for you! We feel that it’s our friendly staff’s willingness to go above and beyond that sets us apart from other hotels in the area. We are glad that you felt that as well.

Thanks again,
Daphne, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I selected this hotel to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday ... and all I can say is WOW! Jonathan Vendrick, the VIP Concierge, made our stay absolultely fantastic! His communication before our arrival was outstanding, and he even offered us a bottle of champagne and small cake and fruit with Happy Birthday drizzled in chocolate ... had it on the table for us when we arrived! My boyfriend was totally surprised and felt so special. The room was gorgeous with floor to ceiling windows overlooking mid-town! It was sparkling clean and comfortable, and I can't wait to come back! The atmosphere downstairs was great ... great jazz band during happy hour, then a comedian later... and drinks were great at the bar! Jonathan made us feel like we were celebrities with lots of extras, and his smile and genuine concern for our comfort and enjoyment was so refreshing ... and totally unexpected! I came from a company where customer service was preached all the time ... and Jonathan definitely went above and beyond my expectations! I told all of my friends (about 25) at a birthday party the next night about Jonathan and the Loews and have continued to tell my friends to stay there. It was unlike any other hotel stay I've ever had ... and I WILL DEFINITELY be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Heath78,

It certainly sounds like you planned an amazing trip for you and your boyfriend! A weekend stay at Loews Atlanta would be a great present for anyone to give to a loved one. We passed along everything you had to say to Jonathan, our VIP manager, and he was very happy to hear that all his hard work made you feel so special. That’s really why all of us work so diligently here, so that each and every guest can have experiences like these.

We can’t wait to see you and all your friends soon!
Daniel Sturdivant
Asst. Front Office Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I attended a conference held at this hotel shortly after it opened. Everything was beautiful and well-attended to. My room had a bathtub and a shower! I was amazed at the flat screen tv in the bathroom, but it was at angle where it couldn't be seen clearly while in the shower or the tub. Still, it's hard to find anything wrong with this place.

The doormen and desk agents are super friendly; they make you feel like you own the hotel. It's hard to sneak past the doorman to open the door yourself. Nice try! Even if they appear to be busy, they will stop what they're doing to open the door or grab your luggage. I saw that pets are well taken care-of, too. No one gives animals the evil eye for being at such a nice hotel. I wish other hotel chains would learn from Loews' in terms of allowing pets to stay.

Hotel location was great for taking a Marta train or the bus; it's right on a main street in Midtown, but street noise can't be heard from inside the hotel. There are a handful of restaurants within walking distance, too. I have to point out that there's no pool at this hotel; normally, that would take my rating down, but I had such an otherwise great experience, it really doesn't matter. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear PamMommy,

Thanks so much for noticing all the little details that we do here, we believe that they truly make all the difference. Everyone in the Loews Atlanta family really does love each four-legged guest that prances through our doors, so it’s nice to hear that being recognized. And you can try to sneak past one of our super-attentive doormen, but they have a sixth-sense and will more than likely beat you to it! We always appreciate a challenge though!

We are glad that you found all our amenities to be a pleasure and that our location was perfect for your restaurant needs!

Many Thanks,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here each time that we visit our son in Atlanta. My wife and I truly feel pampered by the entire staff, especially the VIP Concierge. The hotel offers luxury accommodations including high end sheets, duvets w/covers, and towels, as well as glass enclosed showers, bamboo brand toiletries, beautifully spacious rooms with floor to ceiling windows for the great views. The hotel restaurant is quite good, and the hotel location affords easy access to many fine restaurants, museums and the Atlanta Botanical Gardens located in very nearby Piedmont Park.
Each and every time we arrive we all, including our dog, are warmly greeted. Additionally, upon arrival our dog is given water and food bowls along with a rubberized floor mat, a bag of treats, and even a comfortable dog bed.
Overall, I can truly say that my family and I look forward to each and every opportunity that we stay at the Loews Atlanta.

Stayed November 2012
Dear Peter A.,

We are so happy that we could make you and your wife feel so welcome every time you walk through our doors! And we are even more pleased that your four-legged family member feels at home with us as well. It’s always a great treat for us to spot one of our guests’ loveable dogs walking through our lobby. Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us that highlights all our fabulous amenities!

See you around our lobby soon,
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Been to Loews Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!