“Luxury and style abound” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
The Rhythms of the South
Ranked #2 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Portland, Oregon
“Luxury and style abound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel has it down right, they pay attention to all the small details and make you feel like you are staying in a true luxury hotel. The lobby and common areas are well-appointed and comfortable, and the guest rooms are stylish and contemporary without feeling too modern or cold. Highly recommended

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, don't stay on the side overlooking the nearby nightclub (to the s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Rich M.,

We truly appreciate that you took the time to write a review for us. We take great pride in how our hotel feels to each and every one of our guests. We are ecstatic that you loved our ambiance and vibe!

See you again soon,
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My best friend and I visited Atlanta for a weekend and stayed at this amazing hotel. Everyone that works at the hotel provided the best customer service. From the parking attendants, doormen, front desk and concierge. We had an amazing staff member named Jonathan Vendrick assist us with our dinner plans. He took the time to layout an entire evening for me and my friend. It was perfect. Down to the map that guided us around. We also had a great man named DJ drive us to our concert rather than taking a cab! Everyone that works there is cheerful and happy to assist yu with anything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Christel F.,

We have passed along your kind words to Jonathan Vendrick, our VIP Manager, and DJ, our Loews Atlanta Driver. They were elated to hear that they contributed to making your stay so wonderful! Jonathan was especially happy that you were so pleased with the dinner plans he made for you! We feel that it’s our friendly staff’s willingness to go above and beyond that sets us apart from other hotels in the area. We are glad that you felt that as well.

Thanks again,
Daphne, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I selected this hotel to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday ... and all I can say is WOW! Jonathan Vendrick, the VIP Concierge, made our stay absolultely fantastic! His communication before our arrival was outstanding, and he even offered us a bottle of champagne and small cake and fruit with Happy Birthday drizzled in chocolate ... had it on the table for us when we arrived! My boyfriend was totally surprised and felt so special. The room was gorgeous with floor to ceiling windows overlooking mid-town! It was sparkling clean and comfortable, and I can't wait to come back! The atmosphere downstairs was great ... great jazz band during happy hour, then a comedian later... and drinks were great at the bar! Jonathan made us feel like we were celebrities with lots of extras, and his smile and genuine concern for our comfort and enjoyment was so refreshing ... and totally unexpected! I came from a company where customer service was preached all the time ... and Jonathan definitely went above and beyond my expectations! I told all of my friends (about 25) at a birthday party the next night about Jonathan and the Loews and have continued to tell my friends to stay there. It was unlike any other hotel stay I've ever had ... and I WILL DEFINITELY be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Heath78,

It certainly sounds like you planned an amazing trip for you and your boyfriend! A weekend stay at Loews Atlanta would be a great present for anyone to give to a loved one. We passed along everything you had to say to Jonathan, our VIP manager, and he was very happy to hear that all his hard work made you feel so special. That’s really why all of us work so diligently here, so that each and every guest can have experiences like these.

We can’t wait to see you and all your friends soon!
Daniel Sturdivant
Asst. Front Office Manager
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I attended a conference held at this hotel shortly after it opened. Everything was beautiful and well-attended to. My room had a bathtub and a shower! I was amazed at the flat screen tv in the bathroom, but it was at angle where it couldn't be seen clearly while in the shower or the tub. Still, it's hard to find anything wrong with this place.

The doormen and desk agents are super friendly; they make you feel like you own the hotel. It's hard to sneak past the doorman to open the door yourself. Nice try! Even if they appear to be busy, they will stop what they're doing to open the door or grab your luggage. I saw that pets are well taken care-of, too. No one gives animals the evil eye for being at such a nice hotel. I wish other hotel chains would learn from Loews' in terms of allowing pets to stay.

Hotel location was great for taking a Marta train or the bus; it's right on a main street in Midtown, but street noise can't be heard from inside the hotel. There are a handful of restaurants within walking distance, too. I have to point out that there's no pool at this hotel; normally, that would take my rating down, but I had such an otherwise great experience, it really doesn't matter. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear PamMommy,

Thanks so much for noticing all the little details that we do here, we believe that they truly make all the difference. Everyone in the Loews Atlanta family really does love each four-legged guest that prances through our doors, so it’s nice to hear that being recognized. And you can try to sneak past one of our super-attentive doormen, but they have a sixth-sense and will more than likely beat you to it! We always appreciate a challenge though!

We are glad that you found all our amenities to be a pleasure and that our location was perfect for your restaurant needs!

Many Thanks,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here each time that we visit our son in Atlanta. My wife and I truly feel pampered by the entire staff, especially the VIP Concierge. The hotel offers luxury accommodations including high end sheets, duvets w/covers, and towels, as well as glass enclosed showers, bamboo brand toiletries, beautifully spacious rooms with floor to ceiling windows for the great views. The hotel restaurant is quite good, and the hotel location affords easy access to many fine restaurants, museums and the Atlanta Botanical Gardens located in very nearby Piedmont Park.
Each and every time we arrive we all, including our dog, are warmly greeted. Additionally, upon arrival our dog is given water and food bowls along with a rubberized floor mat, a bag of treats, and even a comfortable dog bed.
Overall, I can truly say that my family and I look forward to each and every opportunity that we stay at the Loews Atlanta.

Stayed November 2012
Dear Peter A.,

We are so happy that we could make you and your wife feel so welcome every time you walk through our doors! And we are even more pleased that your four-legged family member feels at home with us as well. It’s always a great treat for us to spot one of our guests’ loveable dogs walking through our lobby. Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us that highlights all our fabulous amenities!

See you around our lobby soon,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My parents stayed at this hotel when it first opened and it was great--empty and new. Stayed veterans day 2012 and it was a Vegas hotel. Entry was blocked with people coming to parties every night and traffic flow is poor out front. People and loud music in lobby. Friday night awoken from 2-3:30 am on 24th floor by loud booming music from club below (security said they can't control it). Paid extra for a room with a view, lost the view when we switched because of noise, and the hotel wouldn't refund the difference because booked on travel site. Yoga instructor wouldn't modify for an all levels class at spa and checkin staff at spa were stress cases--seems they focus more on local members than hotel guests. Garage entry card didn't work multiple times on the weekend, cars were lined up, wasted time on intercom and at front desk trying to fix. The fundamentals (decor, midtown location, amenities) are good but the given the execution it's not for everyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room with a window wall on the 11th street side over the night club on weekends...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear TravelSpaLover,

We are so sorry that you didn’t find everything to be as excellent as your parents
did when we first opened our doors. Usually, around the holidays, our lobby
does have a tendency to be a great spot for people watching, but we are
sorry if that in any way inconvenienced you. I encourage you to reach out
to me at mkoka@loewshotels.com if you’d like to discuss this situation
further, so the problems that you encountered don’t interfere with any of
our future guests’ stays.

Hope you have a great holiday season,
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at the Loews Atlanta Hotel on our way to the Carolina mountains. In my travels, it's difficult to find a bad Loews Hotel; and you pay for the privilege of the visit. Overnight (valet only) parking $30 for one night.

The building is modern and the sleek lines reflect the downtown Atlanta feel. The location is perfect for a city walk; although I wouldn't venture too far from the hotel. We had a snack and a couple of drinks before dinner at their BAR Eleven, adjacent to the hotel lobby.

We had dinner reservations at Restaurant Eugene and we weren't sure of the exact distance from our hotel to the restaurant. Since our restaurant was only a couple of miles away, a manager told us the hotel car (driver) would take us. This is a nice amenity, although the car was in use when he offered, and we took a cab.

Our room was on a top floor (corner) and the view of the city was wonderful.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer great view of downtown Atlanta.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JoyPC1,

We are so pleased that you had a great stay with us before heading out on your beautiful Carolina mountain adventure! We appreciate the kind words you said about our hotel and the Loews brand. We hope that you snapped a few pictures from your top-floor view. We know that a twinkling city at night is a beautiful scene to capture!

We look forward to hearing all about your trip through the mountains the next time you check-in.

Thanks again,
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Been to Loews Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!