“Great hotel, SO much within walking distance” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
The Rhythms of the South
Ranked #4 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Suwanee, GA
“Great hotel, SO much within walking distance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I are locals, and we recently stayed at Loews for our anniversary. We are very familiar with the Midtown area, and knew this would be a great location to stay - SO much is within walking distance of Loews - restaurants, bars, clubs.

I was very impressed with the lobby and our room too! Will definitely stay here again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear ChrissyInATL,
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary staycation. Sounds like you got to take advantage of the Midtown area, its still growing so remember to come back and visit.

Many thanks and congratulations on another happy year!
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked my reservation using Priceline Name Your Price and got this room for $100 a night! What a steal! Hotel is very high class. They provided transportation (in an Infiniti SUV) to the GWCC where my conference was. The driver Ronald went above his call of duty to ensure that I did not have to walk. He truly enjoys his job. One thing I didn't like was that I had to walk a little distance to catch the MARTA. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear MsSpeechie,

First off, congratulations on nabbing Loews Atlanta at such a great price! That’s a fantastic way to start off a business trip. We are also so pleased that you mentioned that you thought Loews Atlanta was high class and that you loved Ronald. He is a great addition to the Loews Atlanta family and will be so glad to hear your words of appreciation.

We hope to see you again soon!
Jonathan Vendrick
VIP Manager
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We chose this hotel for its decor. Modern and in a nice location. I thought the decor and style were very nice. The room was very nice and I liked the layout. I especially appreciated the views and I liked the large picture windows in the hallways that framed the city nicely. There were a couple things that could have been a little better. The staff was fine, but I expected a little more enthusiasm. Also, the tile in the shower was very slick and as clumsy as I am I slipped on it. The walls must be a little thin because we could hear thumping from music til about 2 am. The parking was a bit of a hassle since the driveway isn't very large and apparently we were there when an event was taking place.

But overall, these were very minor things that probably could have happened at any hotel. We did not have time to try the bar or restaurant, but the location is great. Very close to other places to eat or hang out. I would definitely stay here again. We very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Amy L.,

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review for us, we greatly appreciate it. We are sorry to hear that our staff didn't appear enthusiastic to you. We generally pride ourselves on having an exceptionally welcoming and enthusiastic crew! If you wouldn't mind taking another minute, we would love to find out exactly what happened so we can learn and grow for this experience. My email is mkoka@loewshotels.com.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you are going to stay here again.

I look forward to talking to you soon,
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We spent three days at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. It is in the heart of midtown and is very energetic and upbeat. The staff takes care of all our needs. Jonathan, the concierge shows us where all the sights are and made sure granddaughter had EVERYTHING she needed. Ronald made sure we had a ride the our sightseeing destinations. We were very satisfied with our stay and will be sure to return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Filmules.,
Thank you so much for all the kind words and for taking time out of your day to write a TripAdvisor review for us! We have passed along your generous words to Jonathan and Ronald and they were just happy they had the opportunity to show you a great time! Every Loews Atlanta family member genuinely loves this beautiful city that we get to work in and wants you to love it as much as they do!

Until next time,
Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Spend three nights at Loews last week and the hotel is wonderful. Had an issue with the room and hot water but they handled it immediately and then invited us to have breakfast on them. Truly outstanding service. The Concierge, Michael, was the best. Answered all questions and got us to and from our attractions with the best service. The staff was truly attentative and dealt with each question and query with great professionalism. High recommend. Location was great as well.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th and 21st floors and both were great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear CDillon,

We have passed along your kind words to Michael. He is truly a valued and essential member of the Loews Atlanta Family. However, we are sorry to hear that you had trouble with hot water in the room. We know that in any hotel, things happen, but we pride ourselves on jumping on any situation and handling it as quickly and effectively as we can, and we are glad you noticed. In all, we are happy that you left happy and we can't wait to see you again!

Many thanks,
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Arrival was easy. Check in easy. Staff very friendly. The bar on mainlevel didn't stay open as late as I would prefer, but the stay was great. Easy walks to Einsteins, Joe's on Juniper, Taco Mac, etc... The best thing was the extra comfortable room. Very clean, quiet, and perfect if you want a good night's rest. Not a fan of the bar across the street called Vanquish. If you're out late, it can be too noisy with long lines of people waiting to get in as well as loitering in various areas. However, once inside Loews, it's quiet, clean, and peaceful. I will return, bottom line. I "think" they allow pets, but not sure. I saw a few small dogs, but never heard any and saw no signs of pets other than a small dog on a leash. The front staff allowed us to choose a really nice room with a corner view of the city. We had two views that were beautiful. Also, if you want to save money on travel, take MARTA to Lenox or elsewhere. We purchased a Breeze pass for 2 people, 2 trips. Went to Lenox (2 or 3 stops on the Gold Line) and returned with all our shopping bags for $12 total roundtrip. Ask the concierge and they will tell guide you. The MARTA entrance we used was only about 1 block from hotel and seemed very safe/efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for corner suite if available. Cool city views.
Dear Paul D.,
It was great reading your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience on Trip Advisor. Sounds like you had a good time when you were here.

You provided some really good tips to future travelers. You’re absolutely correct the MARTA train station is very close to Loews Atlanta Hotel and is a very cost effective way of getting around town. Loews loves pets, so please feel free to bring your four legged family member along, and we will give them the same care as you are used to.

We look forward to seeing you return soon.

Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I live in metro Atlanta, but needed a mommy time out/alone time and decided to try out Loews for a little staycation. I had a great time and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Atlanta.

LOBBY and CHECK IN: The design of the hotel is aesthetically pleasing--clean, modern, and elegant. The lobby is beautiful in a simple way, and feels very lively, welcoming and homey. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. To be asked, "what kind of room would you like--up high, low, in the middle?" is quite refreshing, when my experience with most places is unless you speak up or ask for something specifically, you will get stuck with the least desirable room. I asked for "as high and as quiet as you can get" and that is what I got! 25th floor (out of 26 floors)and on the quieter side of the hotel.

One note, I have to mention: when I looked on the Loews website to book a room for that night, it had plenty of availability. Inexplicably, when I called to book (I had some questions I needed a local person to answer), I spoke first with a local at the hotel then was transferred to a central reservation line. The person at central reservations said the hotel was booked. I told her I had just looked at the Loews website and there was plenty of availability. After some struggles and sighs on her end, she finally found a room. This led me to believe the hotel would be at or close to capacity, but obviously when I arrived to check in at 5:30pm it was far from it (see comments above about being given my choice of room). Strange. Loews--you need to work on this. You could be turning away guests when there are plenty of rooms open!

MY ROOM: As I entered my room, I was greeted with a pleasant fragrance--not overpowering, but just enough to make it feel fresh and inviting. The room was generously sized (a King Superior, which is the lowest priced room). There was a floor to ceiling window that was a nice size as well, and the view was not great, but not as bad as I had been told by the reservations person on the phone. Perhaps because I was up so high. My view was to the southeast, so I didn't get much Atlanta skyline, but it was not obstructed by any other buildings.

The bathroom was specatcular. It had a separate tub and shower stall, a lovely vanity, plush towels, and a TV! Some reviewers have complained the water pressure and the shower head, and I think the issue is with the shower head, not so much the pressure. It wasn't a problem for me, though.

The bed was super comfortable. I ordered room service breakfast and it was a nice, if pricey, treat. But isn't room service always pricey?

AMENITIES: Fitness/Yoga buffs take note: If you want to get a workout like you get at home (or better) or enjoy a great yoga class while staying at a hotel, you must stay here. Exhale, the fitness center and spa right in the hotel, is the real deal. Since I am a local and in the industry, I know a few of the class instructors here, and they are outstanding. I took a class called Core Fusion Barre (I did not know this instructor) and it was a great workout. I also used the cardio equipment in the fitness center and it is all state-of-the-art, better than what is in my own gym and not even in the same league as most hotels' poor excuses for fitness centers. I did not have any spa services, but I did wander around a bit (locker room and corridors around and between the class studios, gym, and spa area), and it was beautiful. I could see myself spending a couple more days just to take advantage of all of it. Speaking of taking advantage, the spa gives a discount to hotel guests for all spa services and group classes. Very nice!

LOCATION: Note this hotel is in a bustling area, and it will not be totally quiet. There will be some street noise. I was not bothered by it as some reviewers were, though. The nightclub near my room stopped playing loud music by 1am on the Saturday I stayed. All I could hear was the bass, anyway, and it did not bother me at all.

The hotel is in a prime location, within walking distance of shops, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. There is something for everyone, and although there are gay clubs and a large gay population in Midtown, there are just as many if not more mixed (hetero/gay/whatever) clubs and bars. If you are homophobic, you'll feel safer if you head to the Crescent Avenue area west of Peachtree Street. If you're gay or enjoy gay culture, head toward 10th and Piedmont. If you don't care, venture out in any direction and you'll find something you like.

There are restaurants with about any cuisine and price range you can imagine nearby. As a single female walking alone at night, I was a little on guard, but no more than I probably would have been anywhere else. I never felt unsafe or threatened.

The hotel is also near the Fox Theatre (less than 1 mile, easy walk), the High Museum, Piedmont Park, and the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. A long walk/short drive (1.4 miles) away is Atlantic Station, which has a huge movie theater and lots of shops, and is where Cirque du Soleil sets up for a couple of months (each year?). It's also near Georgia Tech and not too far from all the great shops and restaurants in the Westside (Howell Mill and 14th).

HOTEL BAR/RESTAURANT: Live music! Both nights I stayed (Fri-Sat) there was a live band. Jazz the first night and Spanish/Latin Jazz the second. Very lively scene, pleasant and friendly staff and guests. I enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar and had dessert. I was not impressed at all by the dessert, but the drinks were good and the atmosphere was great. One of the better hotel bars I have visited. I would consider going back, even if I weren't staying at the hotel.

PARKING: there is $20/day self park and $30/day valet. Somehow I got around this. I have my ways, I guess. It seems absurd to pay that much for parking, but it is standard for a hotel in a city, and even here in Atlanta. You can come and go as many times as you like, though.

OVERALL: I will definitely stay at Loews Atlanta again. I will also recommend it to any out of town visitors!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear DecaturTravelGirl,

This has to be one of the most involved and well thought out reviews I have seen in a while. The attention to detail is spectacular and we love the interjections of humor and personal narrative. If I was traveling, a review like yours would be extremely helpful in making a choice for a place to stay.

We appreciate all your fabulous food for thought and honest feedback. We have printed out your review and posted it in a common area for our staff to read so they can see what’s working and what needs improvement. Honest, helpful reviews are an essential part of how we constantly evolve for our guest.

Thank you for helping us raise the bar,

Loews Atlanta Hotel

Been to Loews Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!