“My home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1065 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Brampton, Canada
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My first experience at a Loews hotel was in Philadelphia back in 2009 and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms were clean, great food and bar, and the staff were super friendly and helpful. So when I started travelling to Atlanta on a regular basis I was thrilled to find a Loews here too. I have been staying at this Atlanta Loews every few months for the past year so can offer you some good advice. From the first moment I stepped on their doorstep I was treated like I was an old family member coming home after a long time away. I am always greeted with huge smiles and all the staff are always in a wonderful, cheerful mood. I truly feel like the staff are there to help you in any way they can. The concierge services are second to none. They are the most knowledgable and have connections all over the city. It is obvious that they are proud to live in Atlanta and brag about all it has to offer. Jonathan Vendrick's enthusiasm and recommendations made all of my trips there beyond any of my wildest expectations. I have used the Spa services in the hotel, theatre and dining. All his recommendations have been spot on. Jonathan wants your visit to Atlanta to be the best possible whether you are inside or outside of the hotel. I got caught in a horrible rain storm a few blocks from the hotel and when I called the hotel, they sent their courtesy car to pick me up right away. Just shows they care for your well being during your stay. I stay in a different room every time I visit and I have not had a bad room yet. They are all extremely clean and very comfortable. My favorite is room 2501 with the floor to ceiling windows on two full walls and a view of the park & lake - outstanding!!! The room service is great, lots of options and available late. It is fast too! They have a cute little bar in the lobby that is ALWAYS full of people and live music regularly. I love the option of staying in my hotel but still feeling like you've gone out for drinks and entertainment. I just can't say enough about this place. Could write another 2 paragraphs but the bottom line is YOU NEED TO STAY HERE. Stop your searching for hotels in Atlanta......THIS IS THE ONE.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Rachel,

Congratulations on your first TripAdvisor review and it’s such a great one to start off with. We really appreciate that you took the time to write. It’s true though, everyone in the Loews Atlanta family really is proud to live in such a beautiful city as this. And we have passed along your exuberance to Jonathan, our VIP manager, and he perked all up at the sound of your name! Something tell us that you two really hit it off! Jonathan and the whole Loews Atlanta crew can’t wait to rescue you from the rain again (if you should need assistance). I have been so excited to be a part of this family, because what you see is what I personally am proud of, its a happy group of people that want take great care of everyone that walks in the door.

Thank you again and we cannot wait to welcome you back.

Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I really liked this hotel and had been looking forward to staying here for some time. Unfortunately, our first night was ruined by the loud music coming from a club opposite which went on until past 3 am. The staff are aware of this but we still got lumped in a room at the front. On top of this the shower was really pitiful and took and hour to drain.
Other than that it's a good place to stay. I can't say I was 100% comfortable with the neighbourhood but I'm from Britain so can't really judge. Ask for a room at the back if you're staying at the weekend. Concierge was excellent and all the staff were really friendly. Wish I could be more positive, but a good nights sleep is the minimum. I expect from $200 a night hotel

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear PC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are so sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t supremely comfortable. We couldn’t agree with you more that every guest should be entitled to a great night’s sleep and I’m disappointed that external noise kept you awake at night. Please know that we are actively working with the city to enforce noise ordinances that are in place to ensure our guests have a quiet environment. If you have a moment, please do contact me at mkoka@loewshotels.com, so we can ensure that we exceed all your expectations during your future stays.

We are glad though, that the concierge and staff kept you smiling throughout your stay. We take great pride in showing the best southern hospitality at the Loews Atlanta Hotel.

Many thanks for your feedback,

Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Conference food was fantastic. First Class the entire weekend.
Bar and lounge lacked a Loews standard. Not enough staff for the hotel's ongoing event in bar and lounge.
Room was perfectly cleaned
GREAT HOTEL!

Room Tip: There are at least 8 local restaurants less then a block away for drinks and apps on Crescent Avenue...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear pcdgkws,

We are so happy that you enjoyed all our conference food and appreciate your honest feedback! Our Banquet Chef, Ashley Reese, works around the clock to provide a delicious menus for our conference guests that travel from all over the world. We are really sorry to hear that you felt that the bar and lounge areas were not staffed adequately. We really appreciate the feedback and will continue to forecast and staff effectively, so our guests never feel that they do don't get the attention they deserve.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Loews Atlanta Hotel soon.

Josep Juncosa
Director of Food and Beverage
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is top notch for accommodations. The rooms were prestine and modern.

Both Jonathan and Michael at the concierge desk are out of this world informative, helpful and friendly. My friends and I were treated like family, not like guests. This is the way you should feel when visiting any property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ruthie21219,

Jonathan and Michael were ecstatic to hear that you thought so highly of them! It’s always nice to know that their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. They truly are an asset to the Loews Atlanta family. We look forward to you coming back soon to see your Loews Atlanta family.

Kadian Springs
Front Office Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went to Atlanta this weekend to assist a friend and it was not a fun experience. I made a last minute booking at the Loews Hotel. I must say it is one of the best hotels in the country. It was very busy due to the BET HIP HOP Awards so I was very lucky to get a room. The staff made our stay a memorable one. The accommodations were excellent. The hotel is very clean. The front desk staff was full of personality. I must caution everyone not to eat everything on the mini-bar. It is very expensive. Can't wait to return to Atlanta. The Loews Hotel is fabulous.

Room Tip: Higher floors have awesome views of the city
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Shay J,

We are sad to hear that you didn’t have a fantastic weekend enjoying Atlanta, but we are glad to hear that you loved the Loews Atlanta Hotel! To be called, ‘one of the best hotels in the country,’ is quite an honor! We have passed along your kind words to our ‘personality-filled’ front desk team. They were smiling ear-to-ear at the compliment! We can’t wait to see you again soon and if there is anyway we can help you enjoy Atlanta more next time please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at jvendrick@loewshotels.com.

Jonathan Vendrick
Concierge Manager
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The folks at Loews offer over the top service at reasonable prices. The rooms are clean and quiet with comfortable modern furnishings. The hotel restaurant is not typical as the food choices are very creative and tasty along with offering a great wine list. The lobby bar offers a great atmosphere for a cocktail or appetizers. The location in Midtown is ideal for a short walk to other restaurants or a quick cab ride for meeting in the downtown and Buckhead. This was my sixth stay and I will continue to use the hotel and recommend it to my colleges and friends..

Room Tip: The lobby gift shop offers fresh pastries and Starbuck's coffee if you are in a hurry and the Ea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paul F

Congratulations on completing your first Trip Advisor review! We are so honored that you chose to start your Trip Advisor journey with us and even more so, that you decided to stay with us again! Six visits… that’s quite impressive! We surely hope that you are a YouFirst member by now! Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts about our service, amenities and locale. Comments like these truly make everything we do worthwhile.

Safe Travels!
Josep Juncosa
Food and Beverage Director
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights for my birthday and first visit to Atlanta in September 2012. This location is so perfect that we would stay here again... it is only a few blocks from the Marta Train and lots of amazing restaurants within walking distance. The room was nice and big especially the bathroom which has a separate shower and bathtub with a TV in it. This was one of the first hotel showers that actually had a door and didn't make a mess all over the floor! We chose a room up high and not right across from the club by the Lowes (room 1838) so it was very quiet except that our air conditioner sounded like it was blowing up in the middle of the night around 4 AM every night... we are still baffled by this one. I did report it to the hotel desk so hopefully they will fix it. We went to the hotel bar a few times and enjoyed drinks, music and appetizers. The drinks were very expensive but that seemed to be the trend in midtown or maybe I'm just used to less expensive Florida drinks! The food at the bar was great as where all the restaurants that we went to in Midtown. I highly recommend Ecco and Empire State South just a few blocks from Lowes and if you want to take a short cab ride go to Two Urban Licks... these were our favorites! We also got room service late one night and it was very fast and good! All the hotel staff were very nice at the front desk, bellhop desk, etc... minus we had one encounter with a guy at the concierge desk that left a bad taste in my mouth. I asked him if there was transportation available and his response was "what do you mean transportation?". We were trying to get over to Virginia Highlands on that day but he told us there wasn't any hotel transportation and that there is no public transportation there and we would need to pay for a taxi. We easily took the Marta bus over there after all that. I will clearly remember how he was looking at us like we were below him even though he clearly lacked knowledge! All in all we had an amazing time in Atlanta and enjoyed the Lowes hotel which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high and away from the club across the street from the Lowes!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale_McDaniel, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear PrettyInPink98,

First of all, happy belated birthday! We are so ecstatic you decided to spend your special day with us and we’d like to thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback. Secondly, we are so sorry that your air conditioning caused you worry at 4 AM. We sent the issue over to our engineering team and they will have that fixed before anyone else can experience the same dilemma.

Additionally we are sorry that you felt dismissed by one of the members of our concierge team. We would really appreciate it if you contact us so we can get more detail on what occurred and use your experience as a training opportunity. Please feel free to reach me at mkoka@loewshotels.com.

But we couldn’t agree with you more, Ecco and Empire State South are amazing! And if you loved Two Urban Licks, you should try their sister concept, One Midtown Kitchen. It’s simply amazing! We hope to see you around our lobby again soon!

Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms
Loews Atlanta Hotel

Been to Loews Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!