“Simple and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Simple and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed here for a business convention held at the Georgia World Conference Center. The taxi ride from the airport is a flat rate of $34 for two people. When we arrived at 8pm on Sunday the check in staff seemed pleasant enough but provided incredibly bad information. I asked for a "simple" steakhouse and was told to head to Buckhead for a place called NY Prime. After a $25 taxi ride to the place I was taken aback at what this woman considered to be "Simple". The menu items are ala-carte and start at $37 for a small fillet. (more information can be found in a review of this place). The room was nicely decorated and the beds (Two doubles) were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was spacious with a tub and a shower. In addition, it also came equipped with a flat screen. The air conditioner was whisper quiet but they alarm clock does have some sound making capability. I tried the ocean one but coming from Florida the seagulls found in it were ridiculous. The room was pleasantly dark for sleeping with a built in nightlight in the bathroom. The TV in the room had local channels and various movie rental opportunities. I had called ahead and requested extra pillows and found them to be on the bed when we arrived. What really makes this the place to be is the doorman. His name is Jackson Heriveaux. Remember him because he will remember you! A small story about the man starts with us needing a taxi but not just any taxi as I was traveling for business I had to use by AMEX corporate. Only one taxi service in Atlanta will do this and that is Checkered cab. They are probably the worst cab service in Atlanta. Our first experience involves Jackson assuring that our driver knew exactly where we were driving before we headed off as we actually had to use our phones to look up the address because he didn't know where it was. Then Jackson made certain that every morning we had a checkered cab waiting for us that knew how to get us to our destination. On the final leg of our tip he had the hotel limo drive us to a local neighborhood coin operated laundry. Top notch service!
As for the location itself, the Taxi ride for two of us from this hotel was $15 each way to the convention center which is less than renting a car as you must pay to park but way more than our fellow co-workers who stayed downtown. The hotel boasts a restaurant called the Eleven. I had breakfast there which was good with a warning about the so-so service. It was like pulling teeth to get a water refill. They have Internet available at this hotel for $10 a day which is way too much considering all the free wi-fi located throughout the city. They also make a PC available for printing your boarding pass for your return trip which was nice. There are a quite a few restaurants and clubs within walking distance of this location as well. Overall, I would stay here again if it was a pleasure trip but on business conventions I would stay a little closer.

Room Tip: I upgraded to city view and got nothing special to see....

771 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Loews Atlanta while he was in the area on business. The accomodations were nothing short of the best. The hotel staff was extremely helpful from the waitstaff in the restaurant to the courtesy car driver. The hotel courtesy car was something we took advantage of, as we did not have any other means of transportation during our Atlanta stay. The courtesy car driver will drive hotel guests anywhere within a 3 mile distance from the hotel. This "perk" allowed for visits to the botanical gardens, the Coke Museum, the aquarium, and to Atlantic Station, which is a great couple of blocks where visitors can shop and dine. The hotel is also in close proximity to the underground train system. The food in the Eleven Restaurant at the hotel is also a very pleasant experience. My husband and I ate dinner there one evening and we had the buffet breakfast on a weekend morning. The hotel staff is very willing to give suggestions to other area restaurants, which is how we discovered a great place for breakfast called the Flying Bisquit. The room accomodations were great. My husband loved the bathroom television! We both loved the plush towels, the bamboo hair products, the spa & gym, and the spotless environment throughout the hotel. If you are looking for a place to stay while in Midtown Atlanta your seach for the best is over. No need to look further! I know you will enjoy your stay as much as we did. Hats off to staff member Jackie (concierge desk). She is fabulous!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed one night and it was great. beautiful, clean rooms, huge bathrooms with separate showers and baths. Had drinks and snacks at the bar, and breakfast at the restaurant and the service was friendly. Would definitley choose this hotel again

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

First of all, let me start by saying I have stayed at other Loews hotels (Old house of blues in Chicago and Miami) and this is defenitley the most luxurious Loews I think is out there. I was able to stay here because of an issue I had the W in midtown where they oversold my PRE-PAID ROOM! the manager offered to get us another room at this location and man am I glad he did. My family and I make the trip every year passing through Atlanta on our way to Florida and we now have a new hotel to be loyal towards! The service when we pulled up by the doormen, the valet attendant and the front desk woman was everything a 5 star hotel prides itself on. I could not get over how clean and sleek the entire hotel was.It reminded me of the Trump Hotel in Chicago, very similiar taste in terms of colors and style. I just want to say Thank you so much Loews for saving our trip and introducing us to our new favorite Atlanta Hotel!

Room Tip: We did order room service and it was REALLY good. Typically I avoid room service because of the pric...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Boone, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The hotel is undergoing some changes in the shopping mall structure in the main parking areas (the mall is closed) and this caused confusion as to where to park. Lot also was unattended at the exit area and I had to go around the entire hotel to get someone to open the gate for me. Those were the only low points of the trip. The room was spacious with a great king-sized bed and a work/computer table with two chairs facing allowing two people to work on laptops. Bathroom was well-stocked with soaps, creams, shampoo and re-stocked every a.m. The bath tub was a nice surprise to go with the walk-in shower. Shower head only had two speeds (drip and mist). The hotel staff was very friendly and knew their way around to point out area hotels and approximate walking times.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors as city noise (sirens, etc.) could be bothersome.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Good room set up for business. Wifi in room and lobby. Good healthy breakfast options. Was able to walk to work and to Marta, which was a big bonus. Room temp was fine but hallways were arctic cold!

Room Tip: away from elevators--had to switch room due to hallway noise
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I live in Atlanta but I booked a room at Loews as a graduation treat for myself =) There is nothing bad I can say about Loews. The room (stayed on the 26th floor) and customer service (valet, front desk, room service) were excellent! I love the huge, super-clean bathroom, fully equipped with the essentials, tub, and separate walk-in shower....oh and a TV too =)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Loews Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!