“I'm now a Loews fan” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern Kentucky
“I'm now a Loews fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Recently changed to the Loews after 2 nights at the Ritz. Loews was so much better: staff was great (Henry drove us in the hotel car so we didn't have to get a cab). Gorgeous, clean room. Great spa and exercise facility, close to some good restaurants. Keurig coffeemaker in room, flat screen TV in the bathroom, separate shower and tub. LOVED this hotel. AND the price was $150 cheaper than the Ritz, which was dated, had no spa, and just wasn't in the same league.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

The Good:

Lovely hotel. We were on the 24th floor facing northwest. Beautiful sunsets. No traffic noise except for the occasional ambulance/police car--keep in mind that you are in the big city. Very clean, standard-sized room. AC functioned well and unobtrusively. Good lighting—five bright lamps (Yay! I can read!). Very comfortable beds. Two comfy chairs. Minibar. Selection of snacks (with a price list) available on top of dresser (hmm…those gummy bears are lookin’ good…hmm...$8.00). Keurig coffee machine with complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Internet is available in the room: $10 for every twelve hours. It is free in the lobby.. Plenty of electrical outlets. A safe for valuables. Large floor mirror in room. Pleasant bathroom—shower and bathtub. Plenty of water pressure. Lighted, magnifying makeup/shaving mirror. TV in bathroom. Nice toiletries. And two nice, unexpected extras—a lint remover for clothing and a spray bottle for touch-up ironing.

Service was excellent. Check-in was speedy. Valet service available at $30 a day.
We were on business so it was worth it for us. We went in and out frequently and our car was always brought up promptly. Lots (!) of people in front to open doors for both driver and passengers (so, this is how it feels to be queen). I was thoroughly amused one time when a valet asked me how the museum was. Wait a minute…I didn’t tell them I went to the museum. Aha! I was still wearing my itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny museum sticker. Wow, they pay close attention!

Staff was incredibly friendly on every single encounter…except when I locked myself out of my room. Waited for a bellman to come up and security happened by. Professional, polite but dead serious. “What room are you in?” “How did you lock yourself out of the room?” “I will need to see some identification when we enter the room.” Once in, he spent one or two minutes examining my driver’s license and giving the room a quick visual sweep (yes, I noticed). Wonderful! My kind of security guy! So, this is how it feels to be the president.

In room dining was outstanding in every way with a capital "O".. We ordered dinner one night (Cobb salad) and breakfast twice (eggs). Food arrived quickly and at the right temperature. Lots of coffee. Everything was delicious. In room dining is not normally my first choice but I will make an exception to my rule at Loews. Staff was amazing. “If you have any problem, call and I will pop right back up here.” “When you are finished, call and we will come and pick up the cart.” Simply wonderful.

The Bad

Our room was not cleaned one day. It was Sunday and the whole world must have been checking out. We got back after housecleaning left for the day. Upon our telephone call, they picked up our used towels and provided us with a slew of fresh towels. I consider this a glitch in context of their overall service.

No pool. Oh, my. What is there to say here? I love to dip my toes in some kind of water—be it pool, hot tub, ocean or lake. It’s so relaxing for me. It’s free and involves no commitment. If you want to get relaxed here, you pay. It called a spa. And while I love a spa as much as the next person, I want water. What was ironic (and laugh-out loud funny!) was that our room overlooked the gorgeous terrace pool for the 1010 building just across the street. Such a lovely pool beckoning me and teasing me all at the same time. *Sigh*

The Ugly.

There is no ugly. Period.

Conclusion

I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers. Given the lack of a pool and given the high in-room internet charges, I would not particularly recommend this hotel to travelers with children or to those on a budget. My guess is that the Loews would not be at all unhappy with my characterization about their property. It is apparent that they know their market and they cater to it in an extra-ordinary manner!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

This was a really nice hotel. The rooms were very clean and linens and towels and bathroom amenities were great too. Flat screen tv in room and bathroom. Some movie channels included. Staff was very friendly and always address you by Ms. (last name). Room service and restaurant food was delicious.
My only complaint was the service at the restaurant was very slow!! On my second day, it took 30 mins to get drinks and that wasn't even water. We had to ask more than once for that and for silverware and napkins. The person waiting on us also didn't seem to know anything about the food or drinks they served.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I was not going to write a review about my experience at the Loews Hotel Atlanta because it was not a good one however, as I am sitting here this morning trying to book my birthday trip to Santa Monica at the end of this month I am frustrated. I had to planned to stay at the Loews Santa Monica but since the management at Loews Atlanta has not returned my calls I do not want to stay in at another Loews Hotel. I now have to search for another hotel and I know nothing about other hotels in the area. FRUSTRATING.

My fiance and I stayed at the Loews Atlanta back during October for a business event. Upon returning to our room from the event we found that we that the a/c was blowing hot air. Maintenance came, fixed the problem. We went down to the bar came back room and it was still hot. Manintenance came back several times couldnt fix the a/c and the hotel was 100% booked so moving into another room was not an option. Things happen and I understand that no one could control the a/c going out. We could have at least been offered a fan, I had to request that one be sent to our room!!! (Pic of fan attached, it was loud lol)

Upon check out the next morning we told the front desk about our problem and asked to speak to the manager. Assistant manager (Stephanie) was busy and asked front desk to take all of my information and said Alex would give me a call or email. I have left several messages for Stephanie and Alex, still NO RETURN PHONE CALL!!!!! My fiance and I went to the hotel after eating in Midtown on 1/28/2011, spoke with assistant manager Stepahie who said she would pass my information along to Alex and he would call me. STILL NO RETURN PHONE CALL as of 2/12/2011.

This is not the level of service that I would expect from the a Loews Hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
, Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
It is the goal of our team at the Loews Atlanta Hotel to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay. We strive to resolve unforeseen issues to the best of our ability in an efficient and timely manner. Please reach out to our rooms director, John Power, at jpower@loewshotels.com and allow us the opportunity to improve upon your guest experience.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

This stay was with my husband and another couple last weekend when we were celebrating my birthday. My husband called and explained why we were staying and we were upgraded to a better room with a great view of the city, Stone Mountain and Piedmont Park. The room was very nice and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The beds were VERY comfortable and the evening atmosphere was great at Eleven (the hotel bar). I disliked the fact that we were unable to go onto the terrace/patio area after a certain time (we tried at 9pm and the door was locked). I also disliked the fact that our window didn't open to let in some fresh air but I know that many hotel rooms are set up that way. My husband set it up to where there were chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the room upon arrival for my birthday and both were very fresh and delicious with a great presentation. We recommend staying there if visiting Atlanta because of the great location and service. We will return ourselves.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

The Loews is an interesting hotel that seems to balance the boutique atmosphere with a solid understanding of how to accommodate business customers. Rooms were very well laid out with additional furniture that you can actually sit in.

The ballroom and adjoining conference area was a perfect location for a small to mid-sized business gathering (sub 1,000). Catering was good, but the waitstaff was even better.

The restaurant is a tad overpriced, but as a business traveller that comes with the territory. The bar is centrally located, which is perfect when meeting clients/colleagues. They did run out of the local micro-brew, making only an import lager available. Since I only have this one instance to draw a conclusion, I'll just chalk it up to an inventory issue.

Cost/value is hard to determine as we had a group rate. I would assume this hotel runs on the high side for Atlanta, especially during events and high-seasons.

Some of the room literature, the "intimacy kit", and the bar atmosphere (read: waitress outfits) are a bit edgy. Not offensive, just a bit Vegas-like.

Overall, really nice hotel. Good accommodations. Would highly recommend for business or pleasure travel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Stayed here after Thanksgiving to visit family and friends. Great mid-town Atlanta location, close to downtown, mid-town eateries, the arts, and short drive to Buckhead. This place is nice and new. Lovely good-sized room. The entire property, including rooms, feel more upscale than your standard Marriott, etc. Beautiful lobby. Quick valet. Live jazz in the lobby at night is a nice touch.

My only complaint with this hotel and many others is the hot, heavy down blankets on the beds! Use something lighter please!

Will stay here again! Very nice place!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Loews Atlanta Hotel? Share your experiences!