“Wow! What a surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Sarasota
“Wow! What a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had a long layover in Atlanta and found this place by accident. Good drinks and excellent service. Great sandwiches. Me wife had the duck and I had meatloaf. Wonderfully seasoned edamame. Restaurant is in the center of the E Concourse.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Wouldn't have thought I was in an airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had a very long layover so I camped out at the bar and made friends with the bartender, Tiffany. I had lunch and dinner and dessert twice, and it was altogether a very enjoyable time, especially considering I was in an airport and their for 4+ hours! I would definitely recommend it if you are in the Atlanta airport and looking for a place to spend some time!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a delicious Pulled duck sandwich with an amazing slaw (I'm not much on slaw, but sous chef Dereck suggested to put it on the sandwich). Wow. Salmon bruchetta was lovely. Our host made us a custom pear had roll that was very enjoyable. Hard ti believe we were in terminal E @ Atlanta Hartsfield.

New York City, New York
“Good airport venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We ordered three different sushi rolls...each was good...each was presented in a tasteful manner and each helped us satisfy our hunger between flights...definitely a good alternative for an airport restaurant and definitely recommend it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Slingerlands, New York
“On par with a nice restaurant anywhere, but you forget you are in an airport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

With all of the hype I needed to try it myself, so I shlepped on the plane train from A to E.`The restaurant itself is really nice, purposely designed and decorated to promote tranquility. The server was also a bit overly friendly and obsequious, but it was sort of appreciated.....more contrast with the craziness and lack of personal space that is an airport.

They have a full bar, special mixed drink and good wine and beer list. As someone else said, this is southern/Asian fusion. "Southernational" they call it on their web site.

Started with an arugula salad, with pumpernickel croutons, grapes radish, horseradish beet cream and caper vinagrette. The salad was really wonderful, even with the dressing on the side.

There was an entree I really wanted to try, shrimp and grits, but being a non meat eater, they were more than willing to modify it for me. Redeye gravy on the side (untouched), no sausage. It was really good!

The food was really good, but the best part is that you can forget that you are in an airport. Unlike many "upscale" restaurants in other airports, the tables here are spaced farther apart, there are not people staring at you to eat faster and get up, etc. For a few bucks more, enjoy! Be aware also that a gratuity is added regardless of the size of the group....not sure how I feel about it, but I suppose it is intended to make up for folks who run off to their flight and forget.

• Visited November 2013