“Best sushi spot in ATL” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Corona del Mar, California
“Best sushi spot in ATL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Maybe that doesn't mean much, but if you have time, head to Concourse E. This is the best sushi spot in the airport. Portions are not big. Then again, that's typical Japanese. Wine selection is decent. Go for the rolls. Very tasty. Good presentation. I ate here on the way to FL, and then again on the way back home. It just feels a healthier choice when traveling.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Shreveport, LA
“Keep flying by this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

As a weekly business traveler, I'm always looking for a place for good sushi. Unfortunately this place was not it. Service was slow and the portions were small and overpriced. Place seemed to be trying too hard to be an upscale restaurant. I guess I shouldn't have expected too much from an airport restaurant. Sushi rolls were super small and disappointing. To top it off they automatically add an 18% gratuity to your bill (as a convenience). It would be more convenient to provide great service and decent food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee
“One of the better airport restaurant choices, worth a side trip to Terminal E”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've found a few airport restaurants worth taking a side trip to a (potentially) distant terminal just to go there. One Flew South is a worthy "destination" within the small city that is Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. We stopped here on our way back from New Orleans, where we had just finished a week of amazing restaurant dining. I'd been through ATL before and stopped at "The Bar" nearby, but never had time or appetite for going to OFS. We found that this was a good place, probably always busy, but we were seated fairly quickly and served promptly. My wife started with a Mojito, and I had a glass of Chinon while we decided what else to have. We were not all that hungry, so I went for a pulled duck sandwich with duck confit, fig and toasted peanut relish and a small bowl of coleslaw on the side, and she picked the Benton's bacon and goat cheese salad with frisee, basil poached pear and pink peppercorn vinaigrette. Everythng was tasty and well-prepared. Service was fast enough, but we had a lot of time between flights and it was not that much of a problem. I am pretty sure that they would expedite service if you let them know you had a limited amount of time (this is an airport, after all).
Was it a little pricey? Maybe, but airports tend to be expensive, and even average meals can run $8-12 without trying hard. It doesn't seem to be much higher than a nice restaurant elsewhere. OFS has nice drinks and nice wines by the glass, so it's worth the extra you might pay. The food is good enough to justify the added cost.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“One more reason to make a detour to terminal E”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was connecting "hungrily" in ATL with 2h to use carefully. I could easily squeeze this detour into my "inter-terminal" walk and this proofed to be much better than any food court @ATL.

Service was fast and friendly (no wait for the table but it was 7PM on a Saturday..) and I will confirm that the seaweed salad is a keeper with the other sushi rolls and a glass of white wine. It was a real pleasure without increasing the risk of a heart attack with fast food!!

Keep this in mind if you connect in ATL!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“As good as it will get while waiting at the Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Had a short wait in ATL and thought I'd try OFS. There was about a 20 min wait for a seat, but once I was seated the service was a little slow. Took about 20 minutes to get a sushi roll and a beer. For $16/roll, the sushi was small, not the best I'd ever had, but also not the worst. Overall it is a fairly pricey option, but the second best choice is Chic-Fil-A. Also note that they include the tip in your bill.