“A classy place to eat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legal Sea Foods-Atlanta

Legal Sea Foods-Atlanta
275 Baker Street, Atlanta, GA 30313 (Downtown)
+1 678-500-3700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Sea Foods-Atlanta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 3,422 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Chowder
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Luckie St
Transit: Georgia Dome/GWCC/CNN/Phillips Arena or Peachtree Center MARTA Stop.
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. See fish. Eat fish. Legal Sea Foods is located in downtown Atlanta’s Hilton Garden Inn, across from the Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca-Cola. Our two-story restaurant is double the fun for Atlantans who love seafood. Our validation will net you savings: complimentary self-parking or $5 off valet parking in the Hilton Garden Inn Garage. The buzz-worthy Oyster Bar is our street level lounge. Our second floor dining room features panoramic windows overlooking Centennial Olympic Park and Atlanta’s skyline, a balcony with outdoor seating and a wine room for semi-private parties. Nineteen signature cocktails, 28 wines by the glass and 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish will get you hooked. Legal Sea Foods has received a boatload of accolades including the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Washington, Ga.
“A classy place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

After the big playoff game we made our way back for drinks and a great meal. Although I wouldn't go for the calamari ever again - too much like tempura and the actual calamari was tough and too chewy. But after that - YUM! My wife had the double stuffed shrimp and I had the Louisiana catfish dish - both hit the spot. And before the meal - drinks - the vodka martini perfect!
After the meal - a different desert - cold chocolate drops to go with coffee and espresso. We liked It! The staff - very courteous and not to many trips back to the table - just came back at the appropriate times.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I think it is the best clam chowder I've ever had period. Our server Jeff was very polished and did a great job! My wife got the sampler and it was excellent. i got the shrimp and andouille sausage and it was ok. Not sure it was andouille or breakfast sausage as the dish was very bland. Nice wine list and excellent views of downtown Atlanta.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Where else you going to get whole fried clams in Atlanta?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times for lunch and it is pretty good. I'm from Maine and are the clams as good as they are on the Maine coast? No, but they will exceed your expectations. Well worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando
“Best Greens ever in a restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by hotel staff who usually are biased for whatever reason. However in this case, the food was very good. After reading the reviews I concur. I didn't have a reservation but I was immediately served. The server recommended the greens and I am so glad because they were excellent. I was impresed with the freshness of the food. I also had crab cakes which were excellent as well. The entire meal was good. Do yourself a favor and order these items because you will not be disappointed. The salad that I had on another occasion was good, and I ususally don't find anything special about carrots, but they were fresh and tasty. Enough said. Go visit if in the area even though it can be a little pricey but well worth it.

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Try the Crab Dip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Legal Sea Foods has been a favorite of mine in Boston and other New England airports, so while awaiting our entry time at the GA Aquarium, my sister and I went there for wine and appetizers. The view of the cityscape are very good, and the wine selection was as well. Beth ordered a mixed drink, which needed a bit of tweaking for her taste, but was fine then. Not a cheap place, as the tab for two drinks and one appetizer was over $35, but good. I'll come back for dinner when in the area again.

• Visited December 2012