“Interesting to say the least” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bone Garden Cantina

Bone Garden Cantina
1425 Ellsworth Industrial Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30318 (Blandtown)
404 418 9072
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Blandtown
Acworth, GA
“Interesting to say the least”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've dined at The Vortex for years and had not heard of this place. It took a sleepless night for me to watch The Travel Channel segment on this place to "discover" it. I'm not sure that they want to be known by the obscure location (in the far backside of a loft complex). As advertized it is small, very interesting art (not so different from The Vortex) and they serve their own style of Mexican food. The biggest complaint from our group was it was hard to hear each other (and we came early when only 3 other tables were being served, although the group next to us were loud to begin with). As for the food everyone was for the most part pleased with the quality (although for some reason my wife's beans and rice were cold - odd). They didn't skimp on the margarita's tequila - just too much ice. Our next trip will be on a day that we know the weather will permit to eat outside on the patio and give other items on the menu a try. Like many people we're tired of the same old Mexican food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Savannah, Georgia
“Funky atmosphere, good mexican food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I tried Bone Garden Cantina after seeing it on a Travel Channel special. We arrived at the restaurant at 9 pm and were seated almost immediately. The inside, decorated for the day of the dead, is funky with friendly service and good food. I tried a taco, enchilada, and tamale. All were very good and I would like to return to try more of the menu. I really enjoyed Bone Garden and its no nonsense attitude.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Staff & Service Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My date & I had a round of drinks at the bar, the she asked a guy walking behind the bar if we could order some food. He replied he could not take our order, but he would send someone who could. When the girl came by, we placed our food order. Soon there after some other guy, who did not identify himself as a manager, said we could not yell at his staff. I did not like his negative demeanor plus I did not want any conterversy...! We were having a wonderful evening till then. The place is full & is very loud. I grave my girl and walked out. Better places do the street..!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“BEST Mex!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Been going here since it opened several years ago. NEVER fails to impress with terrific food and great service. Indoors can get very noisy, but the fresh authentic food and drinks make it worth all the shouting you have to do to talk and hear your table mates. ; ) Try the homemade tamales - WOWZA!! Great drinks too.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta
“More than just tacos, it's the Bone Garden Cantina Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The owner of the Vortex opened the BGC. Tucked away in the lumber yard with Mexican themed “Day of the Dead" art work, murals and statues that adds to the engrossing experience that is the Bone Garden Cantina. I love it. The menu offers a wide range of wonderful Mexican fare, so you can try them all. This is not the cheese cake factory where they bring your food in a wheel barrow. The food is served a la carte with very reasonable prices, so you can try everything. Go early, I repeat, go early, they run out of the specials all the time because the food is that good. A must have are the tamales. Also, you must order the banana empanada for dessert, sinful! Drinks are great; servers are fun, fully tatted up that adds to the charm of this place. You might want to keep the young kiddies away because of all the skeletons, coffins and skulls which may require therapy or prolong potty training.

• Visited July 2013