“Overall not too bad” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Overall not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Let me start off first by saying the property itself was beautiful and had very good upkeep inside and out. Akbar assisted me on my check in and he was a rockstar! My room was great and super comfortable. Other than that my stay was mediocre. No one else seemed able or willing to help me when needed. I was able to look past that, but I was extremely alarmed with valet.... On my way out I heard the manager (I assume) Omar getting onto another one of the valets for bringing water outside. This took me the wrong way! It was 85 degrees outside. He also seemed unconcerned that I heard the dispute. Very unprofessional to adhere to that kind of business in front of a guest. I most certainly would not hand my keys over to this gentlemen. On a bright note Milan in valet was an absolute delight and started conversation each time I came outside. I normally do not write reviews but I was awestruck with what I saw when waiting on my car.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spent an overnight on the way back through Atlanta. The hotel is convenient to Midtown. The property is in great shape, clean, modern, comfortable. Challenging and frustrating to get in and out of. The Valet area is on the avenue and there is no self parking garage access. The valet area was full with unattended cars when we arrived, we ended up double parked in front of the hotel waiting to be met by valet, then waiting for Bellman. The front desk checkin went well but when I returned later for assistance there was a single clerk and a line of three people. Might have been a bad night for staffing? The room itself was clean, the bed very comfortable, the bathroom spacious and well appointed, (one of the best showers I've had in awhile) nice desk area and very little noise in the room. Each of the individual staff we interacted with were friendly, informative and helpful. Very nice hotel in midtown location.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here after a wedding we attended in midtown. We didn't get to experience the hotel that much because we came in late and we checked out the next morning. But overall the room and the bathroom was very nice. The check in went very well and when we asked for extra coffee, we got it right away. I typically like this scale of hotels to have a nicer lobby/courtyard area to sit but this hotel seemed to have just a basic lobby area, it was very nice but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I personally prefer the buckhead area over this area because I prefer the walking around it instead. The parking was steep here, $32! This was the only real negative here.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Lobby is upscale and well designed, very welcoming with places to lounge while not impeding traffic. Check-in was friendly and quick. The room was very nice and felt truly modern, had great view of midtown Atlanta. Everywhere you are in the hotel is comfortable - room, hall, lobby! Also the hotel restaurant, Community Smith, is amazing ... low key, upscale, great food.

What went wrong? My requested hotel morning wake up call never happened and I missed my flight. You would think this sort of service is an absolute must, whether it's a Motel 6 or JW Marriott, so a big miss. However, after checking out, the manager contacted me to apologize and did his absolute best to take care of things and ensure things were right. So instead of a 1 star rating, it's a 4. Even with the hiccup, I would go back and give them another shot.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
High Point, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I really enjoyed the hotel. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was amazing. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a very nicely redone hotel in a very convenient location in Atlanta. I must compliment Ashley at the front desk she was very helpful and genuine.
Pros:
The location is excellent - walking distance to many restaurants and venues. The walk is safe and interesting. The room is well appointed and quiet. The staff is professional and kind. The pillows are excellent - I see why they sell them they are the best hotel pillows I have ever had!
Cons:
Very little street parking, valet is $36 (plus tips).
I would use this property again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is nice and in a convenient location. Comfortable bed with nice amenities. Parking is overpriced at $32 per day. Front desk and valet service was prompt and pleasant.

Shower water was cold and dial in temperature control poorly designed.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!