“very hip hotel, Lobby comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Save 20% Off on Weekends
Ranked #12 of 189 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“very hip hotel, Lobby comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

excellent front desk and Bellstand staff. Bartender Sunday in Restaurant helpful with nearby restaurant Suggestion other than on property. Did have a good latte in restaurant. look forward to the new beer garden opening for another trip to midtown atlanta

• Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Recently stayed for 3 night business trip. Check in was quick. For Marriott frequent guest members, it is important to note that this hotel does NOT have a concierge lounge. Instead, they offer up to $16 for breakfast at the adjoining restaurant (Community Smith). This is a bit limited and a hassle vs. a well appointed concierge lounge. The only parking on site is valet and bit expensive. The rooms were very nicely appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The mid town location is near many restaurants and walking distance to mid town businesses and Georgia Tech campus. The staff and service at the hotel was very good.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Anniston, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A very friendly hotel with accent on service. From checki-in until check-out everyone was working to make my stay a special experience.
The restaurant has excellent food and a nice menu. Carolyn B, the day bartender and server was very personal and attentive with suggestions and service.
I will return.
Larry

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Wonderful hotel for any weekend get away!! Customer service from the time we walked in was a delight. I was greeted by AKBAR who makes the statement customer service at its finest shine bright. The entire front staff was very helpful and have great attitudes. Although I was unhappy with the room or stay was still amazing. The downside to the room was the fact it didn't have a microwave and the water from the shower was on the bathroom floor. Also the makeup mirror was a little loose so it made me hesitant with touching it. One suggestion... More lighting is required in the bathroom area for people who have a problem with vision. The dim lights makes it kind of hard to see your makeup being put on like you want or anything else you may have to do. The valet was friendly but slow with retrieving the vehicle especially when would call down 15 -20 minutes ahead of time. Each time we needed the vehicle it made us late to whatever we were trying to go. Other than those few minor things we enjoyed the staff and out weekend stay. I love the decor of the hotel and the friendly environment. Another thing that did stand out was when we decided to walk to the nearest publix we were offered umbrellas because it started raining. That's a big plus in my book over everything else that may have been wrong. Staff is always number 1 key factor so customers can be number 1 as well!!

Room Tip: Nothing wrong with being across the elevator!!!
Green Features: Tracks water use. Energy star appliances. Tracks use of waste.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wonderful hotel with great customer service. Stayed at this hotel every week mon-thurs over a 10 month period. Rooms are great and the hotel is conveniently located near the MARTA and restaurants and stores within walking distance. If you are a Marriott rewards member you get the option of additional points or a great breakfast voucher since they don't have a concierge.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Renaissance Hotel during my birthday weekend for February 20th – 23rd. I called ahead a week early to enquire about the amenities that were available for my stay. The Assistant General Manager Debra Desaulniers ensured me that I would have a great experience when I came to visit. Upon check-in, I was greeted by Denise Patterson, who confirmed my reservation and said that they were expecting me. I was headed to the game, and she printed out directions for me to by-pass rush hour traffic to get there in a timely manner. Throughout my stay, the Denise and the rest of the front desk staff catered to my every request. The valet was friendly and quick to retrieve my car for me. The doorman/bellman was excited to help me with my bags and even the housekeeper made sure I was comfortable and told me just to call if I needed anything. By day two, all the staff called me by my first name and recognized who I was from passing through the day. When I was ready to check out, Denise asked me how I enjoyed my stay and that it was a pleasure to have me as a guest. The General Manager even came out to see me off and gave me her card for future reservation to accommodate me. I will stay, here again, when I visit the Atlanta area. The Staff, atmosphere, and cleanliness of the rooms were to notch. If anybody ask my opinion where to stay if they are visiting Atlanta, I will be sure to tell them about the Renaissance Hotel Midtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: The Suite and its view was excellent.
Green Features: Very Eco-friendly and housekeepers made sure the standards were met.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked our room through priceline's express deals and ending up getting this hotel at a great rate! Overall impression of the hotel is very nice, modern and stylish. The hotel is pet friendly and was very accommodating to us with our pet. The hotel definitely has some downsides though, must valet car for additional costs per day. The hotel was very clean, our housekeeper Marilynn Johnson was great and made sure our room was clean and we had all of the items we needed for our stay. Because the rooms have refrigerators but no microwave, Marilynn offered to heat our food up for us. I would defnitley recommend adding microwaves to the room especially since there is a refrigerator. We did have some problems with our car in the valet but Debra the assistant general manager was very helpful in resolving the situation and even sent us a complimentary cheese and wine plate. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!