“Fantastic Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Renaissance in Midtown Atlanta and couldn't be happier with my experience. The hotel staff was extremely welcoming and provided the highest level of customer service. While going through the check in process they inquired about my day and travels (not a huge thing but nice to feel like someone cares). The hotel restaurant was under construction but the hotel did not skip a beat! In the evening they set up a temporary bar in the lobby but it was so well executed that it could have been their full time bar. Breakfast was served in a conference room but again was very well done. The hotel was very clean and the bed forced me into an amazing night of sleep. The hotel decor is chic and modern but manages to still be extremely warm and inviting with dark wood and comfortable sitting areas. I will definitely return to this hotel on my next trip. Also, there are a number of great restaurants within close walking distance which was great! Additionally, the hotel provided a free shuttle vehicle (Lexus SUV) which took me to dinner. The driver was extremely friendly and made lots of great recommendations during the drive.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

To start, I really appreciate (and often need) a pool and a hot tub while traveling on business. I was booked at the Marriott Renaissance Midtown Atlanta. I generally like Renaissance Hotels, but when I arrived I learned this location has neither a pool nor a hot tub.

While initially disappointed, I had several positive interactions which more than compensated for the lack of a pool. These include:

- What a solicitous staff! To a person, all employees were meticulously solicitous. Query whether one has to pass the Advanced Congeniality graduate course in order to be employed here....
- The complimentary wine hour (5pm - 6pm) served excellent wine and was amply staffed with (who else?) congenial people.
- The front desk staff was the best I've ever encountered in any hotel anywhere (and, yes, this includes fine hotels in the US and European capitals); particular kudos to Lani -- unbelievable! I'd return to any hotel who employed as genuinely kind a person as she is.
- Behind-the-scenes coordination was evident throughout -- for instance, I stayed during my birthday. I informed no one. Apparently, someone detected my big day from my driver's license. Upon returning to my room that evening, accompanied by a signed note from Stephanie of Housekeeping, I received a wonderful little set of Aveda toiletries. A first for me, and VERY MUCH appreciated, undoubtedly!

In short, a pool/hot tub does NOT make the property. Try staying at the Atlanta Midtown Renaissance, and you'll learn exactly what I mean.

Green Features: Hung trowels do not get removed for laundering; towels on floor/in tub do.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
San Anselmo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff at this location are top notch - they go the extra mile in everything they do. When I checked in late at night they whisked me to my gorgeous room. The next more they made sure to tell me all the special offerings and "must dos".If you're travelling to Atlanta stay here. Comfortable, well located and all the right extra touches.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Arrived late and was a bit flustered upon arrival. Loni at the front desk was fabulous - she checked me in so quickly, I hardly knew i was in line. She even recommended a great restaurant for dinner. They serve wine in the lobby from 5-6 so I was able to take advantage of a free glass of chardonnay! a really decent week capped off by an awesome welcome. Joe, the bartender in the lobby bar, was personable and fun to be around - I went to the lobby bar every night of my stay just to hang out and have that "neighborhood bar" feel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Orange Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I highly recommend the hotel. The hotel is clean. The staff are courteous and helpful and next time I am in Atlanta I will definitely be staying there. It is conveniently located on Peach Street in Midtown Atlanta and is within walking distance of Marta which you can reach directly at the airport.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were so impressed with the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel! We selected the Rennaissance to attend a graduation at Georgia Tech. The Renaissance was close, convenient and we loved it! The decor and atmosphere of the hotel is perfect for the Midtown area. The hotel is beautiful and hip and we loved everything about it from the lobby, the lobby bar, the subtle aromas, hip music, and holiday decor, to our gorgeous room and city view. The staff explained that the restaurant is being remodeled and frankly, the new restaurant concept sounds perfect for this hotel and the surrounding neighborhood. We can't wait to visit again when it opens!

The Renaissance Atlanta Midtown staff was extraordinarily personal, professional, caring, and attentive! Everyone we spoke to was interested in OUR EXPERIENCE. From Check-In to Check-Out the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown staff was amazing!!!

What completely won us over was the non-stop, exceptional service we received from Milan, the assistant manager overseeing the Valet Parking and Bellman services, and his staff. Our car broke down after we arrived at the hotel and the Valet Staff went above and beyond to assist us! The water pump on our car completely broke and dumped ALL the coolant when we parked it at the Renaissance. The Valet staff literally took over the situation to make sure the car could be repaired over the weekend and we could still make all our appointments. Milan went above and beyond to help us. We had a graduation dinner to attend on Saturday, while we waited for a tow truck to pick up our car, and Milan made sure that our car was towed and we made it to our dinner. While our car was in repair the next day, Milan made sure shuttles could take us to all our family events until our car could be repaired and ready for pick up.

We will definitely stay at your hotel again and again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
Green Features: This hotel does practice environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here in October and can't wait to return. Upon arrival, we were welcomed to Atlanta and to the Renaissance Midtown by a friendly bellman and a wonderful front desk staff. Every employee was attentive, nice, and always had a smile on their face. Yomi, the manager, greeted us by name and showed us what genuine southern hospitality is all about. Had a great time at the rooftop bar and loved the friendly bartenders. The view from our room was stunning--as was the cleanliness of the room. Pristine condition. The doormen greeted us when we entered and exited the hotel and we loved the courtesy shuttle which we took advantage of with dinner at a restaurant a few miles away. We look forward to returning to Atlanta and can't wait for our next visit to the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!