“BEST OF TWENTY” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“BEST OF TWENTY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Twenty nights in the USA and in hotel terms the two nights spent here
were the best - the room was very tastefully furnished and the quality of
the bed was a joy to experience. All the staff I encountered were simply
delightfully focused on making my stay as pleasant as possible. One person
in particular was outstanding - Akbar - who was at the front desk and for whom
nothing was too much trouble - restaurant booking, courtesy car arranging to
deliver and collect from the restaurant - a free service within a two mile radius -
checking on movie times, storing of the luggage and taxi to the airport all performed with stylish professionalism
and a smile - if I were a hotelier I would poach him for my establishment!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am a huge fan of Renaissance properties and the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown did not disappoint. As the youngest business traveler in essentially all properties I visit, I found that this hotel had a flare that was geared towards a younger crowd. From the Terrace Bar, the fitness center, the rooms, and the lobby, I was greeted with a contemporary modern feel which I really liked. The complimentary wine hour from 5-6 was a great way to finish the work day. Also, the location is incredible. It is right next to Georgia Tech campus and several bars and restaurants are within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is in a great location. The lobby and rooms are very clean and modern. The view from the more expensive rooms is nothing short of spectacular. Just be aware however that there is a 32$ a night fee for parking, and it is valet only. During my stay the in room movie service was down, which spoiled the plans that my wife and I had made. They charge an 80$ hold when you check into the room, which they will make you aware of (I just think 80$ is a bit excessive for one night, especially when in room movies aren't working). They charge almost 20$ for Wifi, which is free at almost every hotel I stay at nowadays. So Essentially my room went from 119$ to 149$ so I could get a decent view. And then from 149$ to 181$ due to the parking fee. And then 181$ to 201$ due to the fact that I had to use in room wifi to watch a movie on my laptop. Also, during check in I was asked by the front desk agent what brought me into town. I told her it was my Wife and my anniversary and she congratulated us. I was expecting some form of amenity (strawberries...wine) to be brought up to our room, given that I had shared this information with her (This has happened every year we have stayed at a hotel on our anniversary) but nothing came. Obviously I wouldn't consider this poor customer service, however it certainly isn't exceptional service either. For the money you'd spend at the Renaissance, you can stay at Loews which is just down the road and provides exceptional service.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I spent one night in Atlanta to visit the Georgia Aquarium and the Fox Theater. We were overall very pleased with our decision to stay at the Renaissance Midtown. Akbar at the front desk and all the employees are extremely professional, friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the wine in the lobby from 5 to 6. While we were disappointed with the $32 parking fee, the attendees were also professional and friendly. Our room on the 17th floor was very clean and spacious, with a comfortable bed and fantastic view! We were disappointed that the hotel does not offer free Wi-Fi. This was a perfect location for us during this trip. Overall this hotel is 1st class and we will definitely stay here again when we visit Atlanta!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a fantastic view!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I just want to thank the folk at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel. I have to tell you we had a couple of "issues" we were not pleased with when we first got to the hotel, but the staff were very attentive and non-defensive to work with us and get our issues resolved. I want to especially thank Akbar and Denise at the front desk, as well as Marvin Thompson the operations manager. You guys embody southern hospitality.

Sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel due to its location near the Atlanta Market area and the affordable price offering for the time of year. OVERALL SCORE/10: 9.0
PROS: location, ambience of hotel and room, fantastic hotel employees that know service and customer satisfaction, price deal - high value.
CONS: many homeless people nearby begging for money/food; cost of valet parking ($35/n).

What we did not expect is the top notch service and professional manner the entire staff exhibited during our stay. The concierge staff, front desk and other employees of this hotel need to be applauded for superb and friendly service - we felt safe and happy in their care. Our room was an executive suite and was well appointed in decor and function. The split in sitting area and bedroom was especially appreciated since my mother does not sleep well and tended to watch TV and fall asleep in the sitting area. Bathroom and beds were adequately equipped and comfortable. Outside noise was minimal if any. Staying at this hotel made our Atlanta visit more memorable.

Room Tip: Excellent deals/price reductions during this time of year for upgraded rooms
Green Features: The hotel is an environmentally friendly institution.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Danville, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

WHY WE WENT HERE:
- Went to Atlanta to visit friends
- We got this hotel through Priceline

LOCATION:
- Perfect, walking distance from great restaurants, centrally located
- Shuttle (Lexus SUV) that transports you within a 2 mile vicinity

HOTEL LOBBY:
- Absolutely gorgeous
- Computer with a small fee for internet
- Fireplace
- Beautiful saltwater fish tank
- Very cozy seating area by fireplace

THE MENU:
- all snow ice and the various toppings that go with it
- drinks (bottled/canned ones; no milk tea here)

WHAT WE ORDERED:
- original milk tea snow ice
- toppings: condensed milk, strawberries, mochi

THE TASTE:
- AMAZING; we shared 1 large between the 2 of us and we basically cleaned up the whole plate - it was light, fluffy, not too sweet

STAFF:
- Very friendly
- Accommodated our every need, went above and beyond
- There was a bit of a wait to get our room upon check-in so they gave us free snacks!!

ROOM:
- Bed was extremely comfortable
- Beautifully designed

Overall me and my friend were extremely happy, Akbar and another lady did everything to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Also they kindly gave us free appetizer coupons to amazing restaurants located close-by.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!