“Great and conveniet” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mason, Ohio
“Great and conveniet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel was a great surprise for us! Beautiful place, very friendly staff, convenient public parking at the back, soft beds. Biggest plus for us: they have a shuttle which takes guests to any place within 2 miles (and it is FREE!). We were able to go to the Zoo and they picked us up after we were done. Thanks! It was great because it is not easy to drive in Atlanta and I did not have to use my car. There is a very nice restaurant with friendly people. I am impressed! That is a pleasure to experience such a place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
WOW! Fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It is not often that I read a review that our guests were surprised and impressed, but that is our goal each and every day! I was so glad to read that you had such a great time. We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here on a trip through the United States for five nights, including a weekend.

The room was clean and comfortable, with enough closet space for a 2 week long trip worth of clothes. Room temperature was comfortable through the night and overall environment was quiet and conducive to rest and relaxation.

Staff were efficient, helpful and courteous. Ordered room service once and the food arrived quickly, warm and tasty.

Location is convenient, near a MARTA stop, a grocery (Publix) and a good variety of restaurants. Came and went on odd hours during the week and weekend and did not feel unsafe in the surrounding areas walking by myself.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone with business to do in the Atlanta/Midtown area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Outstanding! Thank you for taking time to post your comments. I was more than delighted to read about your extremely posiitve experience over 5 nights! We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My new favorite hotel in
Midtown Atlanta. Great location, close to everything. Wonderful staff and fantastic facility. Room was nice sized with modern amenities. Restaurant and bar downstairs was nice as well. Price was very fair. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Short and sweet, good afternoon! Thanks for your review--I appreciate that you took the time to provide us this positive feedback! We will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is beautiful! A wonderful Marriott property! We stayed here whole my husband attended business meetings just a few blocks away. Our stay started out wonderful well before we even boarded our redeye flight from CA! We called the hotel to confirm our early 7am arrival would get us into our room, as my husband wanted to shower before heading to the office. The evening front desk contact, Hunter, was a godsend! We were able to check in & not only that, our upgraded room was just beautiful! I also cannot say enough about the valet team at this hotel, Randall & Dare' drove me to the sight locations I wanted to see nearby Centennial Olympic Park & picked me up when I was ready. This service is first come, first served, but I was lucky the hotel seemed a quiet the days we were there. Also, my husband has PD, and this worked out well to have him driven, like a VIP, to his office with Dare' taking him to get his Starbuck's "fix" on the way! Amazing service! Our room was beautiful! A nice Executive Suite with entry hall, living room with couch & TV, the bedroom was large, the bed was like a cloud & we had a wonderful view of Midtown, the bathroom had a beautiful separate shower & an amazingly deep jacuzzi tub to soak away all my husband's PD aches! We cannot wait to come back to the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown for our next visit & we hope it will be very soon! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: No pool or jacuzzi on site
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WOW--what a great review and thanks for all the detailed comments. We are fortunate to have Hunter on our team and I was delighted to read how well we performed on all of the touchpoint you mentioned. From your early arrival to an upgrade to the convenience of our location and Dare' outstanding hospitality, we also look forward to your return! Until then, remember to live life to discover!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The room was beautiful, the staff was great and took care of everything, but we felt like being charged 14.00 a day for internet was a little much and that valet parking for each day was 25.00 and then we had felt like we had to tip for everything. That was a little much. The rooms were great, but if you pay that price for a hotel room and valet parking at least give the wi fi for free. Just my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for the feedback. I was delighted to read that our staff was great, took care of everything and that you found the hotel to be beautiful. As you state, "there is a charge for everything". Please allow me to address those comments, and with all candor those charges for internet and parking are charges that you will find in nearly every full service hotel in urban locations. We conduct extensive market price comparisons and find this to be the case across brand portfolios, of course with the exception being some select or limited service hotels. We do offer room packages that include parking and internet (at a discounted rate) which you can view on our hotel specific web site. One last point is that we do offer true hi-speed internet access with high levels of security, which is not alwasy the case when you can get "free" internet.

I offer these explanations in the spirit of sharing, not defensiveness and truly hope to see you again very soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Beautiful rooms - very nicely decorated and most important - very quiet. The restaurant is absolutely fabulous – I believe it is run by one of the chefs from Top Chef. I cannot imagine why it is not jam packed - but take advantage of that and have a dinner that is outstanding and peaceful (versus so many other restaurants that are so loud and chaotic that it is like having dinner in an Bombay!). This one is beautifully decorated with great service and amazing food. Or have a snack or a cool drink on the outside patio or upstairs patio and watch Atlanta go by. The only serious criticism I have about the hotel is that the “business center” is a computer and printer in the middle of the lobby without chairs, or a trash can, or a stapler and zero privacy. This is what most hotels provide to print boarding passes – and it is fine for that but if you need to read or type and email it is very inconvenient and awkward. The only other drawback is there is not a pool (I like to swim when I am traveling). Normally I would rule any hotel out that does not have a pool but this one is so nice that it will stay on my list of favorite Atlanta hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your feedback. I appreciate your insight and of course could not agree with you more about what a fabulous treat we have in Briza and our Executive Chef (Top Chef Candidate from season 9). We will look into some alternatives for the so called "business center". The intent of this is just as you describe; a location primarily used for boarding pass printing, but also a place that you can quickly access the internet. I am pleased to let you know that our staff is more than delighted to call a sister Marriott hotel if and when you would like to swim during your stay. I too share your love for swimming as a form of exercise and enjoy swimming when traveling as well.

Thanks again and see you soon.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed overnite on a biz trip... Friendly staff, convenient location and the shuttle facility make for a definite repeat.....
No buffet option at breakfast is a negative.
Check-in and check-out very efficient....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. I appreciate your comments and of course will share them with our team-especially the efficient arrival and departure experience.

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!