“It's all good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
“It's all good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over as I flew into Atlanta before going upstate on business. This hotel is the epitome of modern style hospitality with none of the stuffiness that can accompany it. Clean to a fault, friendly bar staff, good food, reception and concierge top notch. Thanks for the stay. Will be back next time I'm passing through.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Love that: "It's all good"! Thanks so very much for taking time to post your comments and for providing such glowing praise. We have a hotel wide meeting every morning and I shared your comments with the team-they were glowing with pride! I like the phrase "epitome of modern style and hospitality". Can't wait for your return visit, we have new heights to scale and I am confident you will experience the same! Thanks again for sharing!

405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Okla.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Renaissance Midtown in Atlanta. Comfortable rooms, good location, good bar & enjoyed room service and lunch at Briza. Also had a great driver I found who was courteous and reasonable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I simply loved your the title of your review; 'LOVED THE RENAISSANCE!". What a great title and I was so happy to see you had a great experience in Briza, with our courtesy car driver, that you liked our location and that you plan to return! Thank you so much for your feedback--I have already shared them with our team. We look forward to your return!
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Funny, I totally disagree with the people who wrote reviews at the same time that we stayed at this hotel. We were VERY impressed with the attention to detail, the courtesy of the staff, and the rooms themselves.

We did a late check in and got a great room on the top floor. Two beds as requested. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even the valet guys told us where we could park for $12 instead of the $30 per day at the hotel. We used the courtesy car to go to the World of Coke but when we needed a ride back, they said it was unavailable. They called a taxi for us and even paid for it! That was amazing customer service!

Our room was very quiet, well laid out room. The bathroom was really nice with extra shelving. Everything was very clean. The coffee in the room was actually good! I have never said that before!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again when traveling to Atlanta! The location was perfect for touring Ga Tech. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I was more than delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay in nearly every aspect of our hotel! From the Courtesy car experience to your comment about how "very impressed" you were with your stay and let's not forget about how much you enjoyed the in room coffee ( I tend to agree with you on that point ). I have shared your comments with our team and we will continue to strive to exceed your expectations and ensure your experience is fantastic!
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is not a bad hotel. The location is decent and the rooms are clean and very functional. However, it is poorly managed. The little details go completely ignored. In the span of 24 hours, our party was given keys to a room that already had someone in it, my wake up call did not come resulting in my being late for a meeting, my shower ran out of hot water, I was given bad directions by the concierge, there were no towels in the room, we had issues with parking (which is very expensive BTW). I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback. First allow me to apologize on behalf of our team for your less than acceptable experience here at the hotel. As you can imagine in the service industry, what you describe is simply not acceptable and I have personally followed up with each of the respective Department heads to address. I do hope you reconsider and when you travel or decide to stay in Midtown Atlanta next that you choose us. I am confident you will see a dramatic difference.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

During check in I was informed they did not have the single bed I reserved but In could upgrade to a higher floor where there was a single bed available for $15.00. The very same happened during my November check in. I find this up-sale practice offensive.
I am allergic to feather bedding. After I checked in I called down to the front desk and asked that my bedding be switched out to synthetic pillows and a blanket. I went out for dinner and upon my return the bedding had not been yet changed out. I went to the front desk and they assured me someone would be up in a few minutes. Ninety minutes later I was still waiting for a synthetic or foam pillow. When I called down to the front desk they casually told me, "Oh, yeah, we don't have any foam pillows." Poorly trained front desk and a Marriott without synthetic pillows. Really?
The room service was a waste; the delivery person was pleasant and professional as were the valet parkers.

Room Tip: Consider the Loews a few blocks away and a new Hyatt will be opening later this year on Tenth St.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for your comments. Although not a positive review overall I am grateful for your time and for sharing your experience. I was more than distressed to read the details and have personally followed up with my team to ensure they are aware of this situation and to conduct follow up training. I assure you that we do indeed have foam pillows, in point of fact we have two entire floors that are "feather free" from the pillows to the comforter and everything in between. I have also followed up with our reception team (front desk) to ensure we are being responsive and that we are honoring room type requests without upgrading (unless of course it is a suite). We are happy to update your profile to reflect "feather free" as a preference and that way you will ensure upon arrival that you will indeed have a foam pillow. I was pleased to see that our Room service and valet staff were pleasant and professional. I would ask that you consider returning to our hotel in the future as I believe your experience to be an anomaly, if you read our Trip Advisor reviews you will see that we have consistently recieved very positive reviews. I do hope you will reconsider, and we hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Atlanta.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here for leisure an I was very pleased with the customer service. The hotel is beautiful. My room was beautiful and spotless with a nice city view! The housekeeper Lima was awesome. Mr. Robert and Joel at the front desk were very helpful. They made sure our stay was worry free! Front agent Amy was awesome too! Great stay an I will return one day! Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your comments and positive recommendation fo the hotel. I was deighted that you found the hotel to be beautiful and clean, but most of all that so many of our Ambassadors had a positive impression on you and your stay. I will be sure to recognize each of them personally--thanks again--we will look foreward to seeing you very soon.
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Well-appointed room though I would have liked a comfortable chair instead of a sofa-bench thing. Good fitness center in good order. Strangely dark-lit bathroom. Fortunately, I am a man and do not wear makeup. Could not imagine how difficult it would be to apply it in this room. Good coffee in the room (though I always wonder why Marriott makes me find an electrical outlet to plug it in).

The biggest fault of this facility is arrival. There are about six parking places on the street in front of the hotel and no drop-off area. I arrived in heavy rain, looking for check-in and dropoff, to no avail. Parked down the street and walked to the hotel in the rain. Was told valet parking is all there is. "Go around the block and maybe there will be space available when you come back." Finally got one and unloaded the car in the rain. Ridiculous setup. If you drive here, just be forewarned.

I feel a little nickel and dimed here.Among other things $15 for internet access always annoys me.

Overall a good hotel if you overlook the arrival/parking fault.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here. In response, first please accept my sincere apology for the "arrival experience". We have worked hard with our valet team and will continue to do, the challenge on West Peachtree is exacerbated by rain and a "heavy" number of arrivals. No excuse though to being told to drive around the block. Thanks for the positive comments about the finess center and overall hotel--we do agree! We do have project/solution for lighting in some of our guest rooms and hope to complete that project this year. Internet charges does continue to be something I hear about from our guests with a high degree of frequency. The charge does allow for us to have proper bandwith (speed) to accomodate the needs of all of our guests and additionally we do have a much higher degree of security with our network than you would find in a location that offers free wireless. We do offer wireless for free in our restaurant and hotel lobby if you ever want to take advantage of that.

Thanks again for your comments-they are much appreciated.

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!