“Not a 4 star hotel” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
north carolina
“Not a 4 star hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Start with the staff lying about giving us a corner room then finding out it was in the middle of the hall . Second strike against them was that food we brought and stored in the mini bar was taken out on our second day there so we were left without our meal. Food is quite expensive there. They won't allow you to park your own car or bring down your own luggage. Oh yes I found a used bandaid between the sheets and by that time I was over complaining. Hallways were loud all night with pastures in and out of rooms nearby. Overall a big disappointment and will not go back to this hotel ever again.

• Stayed January 2013
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for providing feedback and comments about your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you experienced. I assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel. I have personally addressed the issues with our team and I am confident that these were/are isolated incidents. I do however realize that was not the case in your experience and truly hope you give us another opportunity to prove otherwise the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Eltville am Rhein, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel is modern, a nice design and spacious room. Everything is just clean and in order, the staff very nice and supportive. Room breakfast order came by the minute. The gym has modern equipment and is large enough. The only thing to watch is the location. Downtown, shoppingcenters are some minutes away but the hotel in close to Georgia Tech and some a nice walking zone with shops is just around the corner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Outstanding! Thanks so much for your comments. I was nothing short of delighted to hear how you enjoyed your stay. I have shared with our team of course and I certainly appreciate that you take the time to let us know. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to this location..great hotel, very professional, clean and wonderful. The staff is great! I was very impressed and extremely satisfied. The location is prime for work or play. I would suggest this location to anyone visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was absolutely delighted to read your comments and am so glad you had such a positive stay. We will certainly look forward to your return visit and soon.

Thanks again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Really enjoyed the stay. Nice room an amenities. Pretty convenient to the park, Marta, tech and midtowne action. And I got a great deal ion Hotwire? Didn't check out much of the facilities but did hit the rooftop bar. It is on a lower roof so a little misleading, but great all the same

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and post! Always appreciative of the feedback received-especially when you have good things to share-which I always do with our team! I was delighted to hear that you had a great stay, enjoyed the amenities we offer, the great location and on top of all that got a great deal!

We look forward to your next trip to Atlanta!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I came to Atlanta for a conference on Georgia Tech's campus. This hotel was convenient to the campus but was also a nice retreat away from the swarm of engineers. The staff is very friendly and forward in recommendations outside of the in-house restaurant. I always value this as many concierge employees are pressed to recommend their own restaurants. (As a note, the restaurant here is very good.) The room was spacious and very modern. Definitely a fine representative of the Renaissance chain and what it is attempting to be and is accomplishing. Of the hotels in the midtown area, this is my favorite. Book it if you'll be in the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you, thank you, Thank you!!! I appreciate your comments, and was glad to hear that our staff was able to offer some great local recommendations, that is a cornerstone of the Renaissance brand (local area knowledge) as you well know. Thank you also for your comment about Briza and that it was a good choice as well (our hotel restaurant). I share the comments received with our staff and they love to hear all the positive comments! Look forward to seeing you again in 2013.
Los Altos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is obviously recently remodeled and kudo's to the designer. The colors, finishes and decor of the rooms blend together very well. We were thrilled with our rooms, the beds and pillows were divine. The restaurant is still under renovation but the staff and service for breakfast in the converted ball room were friendly, quick and courteous. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience. I was pleased to hear and see that you thought so highly of the hotel and the design and furnishings. We needed to close the restaurant to redo the floors (hardwoods) and that is complete and they look great! Glad to hear that we were able to provide a fast, efficient alternative in the mean time!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a Saturday night out with friends. We like everything about the hotel except the rooftop bar / patio closed pretty early. I wanna say it closed before midnight. We were very surprised because before the hotel changed names, the roof-top patio was a very happening spot and that was one of the reasons we booked this hotel. The restaraunt downstairs also closed up early. Midnight in Atlanta is early. No complaints otherwise. I would stay here again. It is very close to a lot of major attractions and fine dining down town. No parking though. You must valet or find a garage nearby.

Room Tip: There is no parking. You must valet for about $20.00 which is the norm for Atlanta.