“Modern, clean, friendly” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Altos
“Modern, clean, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is obviously recently remodeled and kudo's to the designer. The colors, finishes and decor of the rooms blend together very well. We were thrilled with our rooms, the beds and pillows were divine. The restaurant is still under renovation but the staff and service for breakfast in the converted ball room were friendly, quick and courteous. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so very much for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience. I was pleased to hear and see that you thought so highly of the hotel and the design and furnishings. We needed to close the restaurant to redo the floors (hardwoods) and that is complete and they look great! Glad to hear that we were able to provide a fast, efficient alternative in the mean time!

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a Saturday night out with friends. We like everything about the hotel except the rooftop bar / patio closed pretty early. I wanna say it closed before midnight. We were very surprised because before the hotel changed names, the roof-top patio was a very happening spot and that was one of the reasons we booked this hotel. The restaraunt downstairs also closed up early. Midnight in Atlanta is early. No complaints otherwise. I would stay here again. It is very close to a lot of major attractions and fine dining down town. No parking though. You must valet or find a garage nearby.

Room Tip: There is no parking. You must valet for about $20.00 which is the norm for Atlanta.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thanks for your review and positive comments. I appreciate hearing about our guest experiences and I will personally follow up on the closing hours for Rooftop 866. We do occasionally close early if there is little business and the weather turns cold, but I will follow up with the team to ensure we are following guidelines and being flexible.

We will look forward to seeing you on your return to Midtown!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm a business traveler and am on the road 200+ days a year so I see a lot of hotels and talk to a lot of hotel staff and GM's. I live just north of Atlanta and when I'm home sometimes my wife and I like to stay downtown for a weekend and THIS is my hotel of choice! The staff really know's how to treat the customer. Mandi is one the sales managers there and one of the best in the business. The beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The linens are crisp and clean and the rooms are spotless. There are some really good restaurants within walking distance too. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Outstanding. I was delighted to read your comments and of course we think that Mandi is spectacular as well. So very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here and especially since it sounds as if you are a "road warrior". Love that you love the Renaissance brand and our hotel in particular. We'll look forward to welcoming you upon your return!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've stayed one night, with three more to go. Check in was great, the front desk staff was very friendly and greeted me right away. They even accommodated my last minute early check in request and gave me a king size bed on the 19th floor. The room is clean and well decorated. The bathroom has a nice big shower with glass doors (instead of shower curtain, eww) and plenty of hot water. AND they have Aveda hair care products, which I love. The desk and chair are comfortable, which is important as I am here on business. The wifi is fast (but not cheap at $14.95 a night) and reliable. The front-door staff is very friendly, helpful and courteous and the cleaning staff was also very nice.
There are four pillows of varying densities, so I was able to find one that was comfortable, the bed was comfortable, although the topper keeps trying to slip off the mattress. The thermostat is responsive and quickly adjusts the temperature. Cable selection and quality is average.
Overall I am very happy I chose this hotel, even though I'd prefer it to be closer to downtown as I am attending a conference there. OH and the neighborhood is great! There are shops and restaurants everywhere, and a Publix grocery store and pharmacy two blocks away. So convenient.

Room Tip: I'm on floor 19 and haven't had any noise problems.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Good evening. I trust the remainder of the stay was as good as your initial experiences! From the friendly staff at Reception and in the drive to your great description of all of the amenities the hotel offers (including those Aveda products) I was delighted to read that you had only positive feedback. I was very glad to see that we were able to accomodate your request for early check in as we were very busy last week--I like the staff to be flexible and able to meet and exceed guest expectations. Thanks for your review!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was the second time I've stayed in this hotel. I was there 3 years ago when it was the Hotel Palomar, back then it was one of my favorite hotels.
While very little has changed, rooms are still very clean, and the staff is still very friendly, yet there is something here which keeps it from getting 5 stars.

This time the only room they had available was a handicap ready room. I found the shower difficult, it was a handle type, and it tended to spray wildly.

I also don't like paying extra for Wi-fi, or parking, at those prices it should be included with the room.
None of these things are deal breakers, but it would be nice if they were included.

It seems since the change to Renaissance, many of the little things that were packaged in the room, are now added on as extras.

But overall still a very nice Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Good morning and thanks for returning to stay with us since our conversion to the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown hotel. I was delighted to see that you found our staff to still be friendly and that the hotel is still clean. We, of course, work very hard on both of these items. I was interested to see read that many of the "extras' since conversion were now add ons. I believe that we kept everything the same, but of course do understand your thoughts about internet and parking. We price according to the market and find that this is the norm in Midtown, Buckhead and Downtown. We look forward to your return visit and earning that 5th Star!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Because this hotel is near my daughter's condo in midtown Atlanta, I have stayed here several times even before it became a Renaissance. There have been some changes from our last stay but we adjusted.

We spent five nights of our Thanksgiving trip here and the staff was kind. They kept us supplied with coffee so we could make it in our room in the am. Coffee in the lobby has been discontinued. They are continuing to offer the ice water with lemon in the lobby. We also were able to attend the wine tastings and appetizers served each afternoon at 5 pm. My husband really enjoyed the wine and visiting with the bartender as the happy hour was offered in the main floor restaurant/bar area.

We were also able to make room in the locked minibar to store some of favorite foods so we never without. Having Publix and CVS a block away was great.

The parking seemed kind of expensive at $30 but we were able to park at our daughter's condo ramp nearby in her friend's vacant spot.

Our 15th floor window had a view of the north Atlanta skyline plus the parking lot of the strip club. It was nice to see that there were closed for Thanksgiving but otherwise did a thriving business.

The room was clean, quiet and modern. There was free wifi in the lobby but accessing it in the room would incur a charge.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I was delighted to read your review and I appreciate that you took time to let us know all about your stay! We do indeed enjoy having a tremendous staff and a great location. Thank you for your comment about parking, we do set the price based on the market and parking is at a premium in Midtown, if you choose or decide not to utilize valet parking here at the hotel there are a number of self park lots nearby, unfortunately they do not allow for in and out privileges. We will look forward to your return visit--until then enjoy the Holiday season.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I will preface this review by saying I'm not your 'typical' traveler who would stay at a property such as this. Usually my bottom line for a hotel is cleanliness and service, which shouldn't matter if you are paying 99.00 or 599.00 for an overnight stay, there's never an excuse for a dirty room or bad service.

Luckily, this hotel sets a new benchmark for service. Please pardon that I did not write down the names of the employees, but everyone I encountered were friendly and always seemed as if they were truly interested in my comfort.

Check-in on 11/21 was a breeze thanks to the gentleman at the front desk. It was late, I traveled all day, and he smiled, welcomed me, and made me feel he was giving me the same level of attention if I were a business man in a 20K suite (keep in mind I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt for driving comfort).

The room was stunning, modern but not overbearing. Colors were mute but very artistic, perfect lighting. The halls even smelt fresh... do you know how rare it is to have the hallways feeling clean?

Check-out the next morning 11/22 was also very easy, a very kind, all smiles young lady assisted and couldn't have been more helpful.

Due to unforseen circumstances, I ended up coming back on 11/22 with a new reservation (let's just say the evening would not be pleasant laying on a friends sofa post Thanksgiving dinner with five bottles of wine having been consumed by the group of us).

Check-in, once again easy. However this time I did come across what could be a pretty horrific housekeeping issue. I'll refrain from the details because the hotel offered everything to compensate for in the grand scheme of things wasn't an over-the-top deal, but if I had been a high-profile business person, this one issue could have been a disaster. But, as I mentioned, both the overnight clerk and the morning clerk did everything possible including offering another room, compesation, etc for the issue I experianced. I turned it all down because in my mindsight it wasn't the end of the world but the genuine apologies were enough for me.

Bottom line, I have reservations on 12/30 and I'm counting the days to cgo back to the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown! Thank you Marriott for bringing this gem into the Rewards program!

Room Tip: Request a corner room/high floor if possible
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Good afternoon and thank you for your comments. I was so glad to hear that not only did you find the hotel itself to be clean and nicely decorated, but that we were the Benchmark for service. Our team takes a lot of pride in delivering exceptional experiences and this is testament to that. Apologies are in order for the issue you had to deal with and I was also delighted to hear how well the staff responded and that you were indeed satisfied with their actions. We look forward to seeing you again later next month upon your return. Unitl then, "Live Life to Discover" as we say at Renaissance.

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!