I will preface this review by saying I'm not your 'typical' traveler who would stay at a property such as this. Usually my bottom line for a hotel is cleanliness and service, which shouldn't matter if you are paying 99.00 or 599.00 for an overnight stay, there's never an excuse for a dirty room or bad service.
Luckily, this hotel sets a new benchmark for service. Please pardon that I did not write down the names of the employees, but everyone I encountered were friendly and always seemed as if they were truly interested in my comfort.
Check-in on 11/21 was a breeze thanks to the gentleman at the front desk. It was late, I traveled all day, and he smiled, welcomed me, and made me feel he was giving me the same level of attention if I were a business man in a 20K suite (keep in mind I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt for driving comfort).
The room was stunning, modern but not overbearing. Colors were mute but very artistic, perfect lighting. The halls even smelt fresh... do you know how rare it is to have the hallways feeling clean?
Check-out the next morning 11/22 was also very easy, a very kind, all smiles young lady assisted and couldn't have been more helpful.
Due to unforseen circumstances, I ended up coming back on 11/22 with a new reservation (let's just say the evening would not be pleasant laying on a friends sofa post Thanksgiving dinner with five bottles of wine having been consumed by the group of us).
Check-in, once again easy. However this time I did come across what could be a pretty horrific housekeeping issue. I'll refrain from the details because the hotel offered everything to compensate for in the grand scheme of things wasn't an over-the-top deal, but if I had been a high-profile business person, this one issue could have been a disaster. But, as I mentioned, both the overnight clerk and the morning clerk did everything possible including offering another room, compesation, etc for the issue I experianced. I turned it all down because in my mindsight it wasn't the end of the world but the genuine apologies were enough for me.
Bottom line, I have reservations on 12/30 and I'm counting the days to cgo back to the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown! Thank you Marriott for bringing this gem into the Rewards program!
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel Atlanta
- Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel is a luxury boutique hotel centrally located in Atlanta’s Midtown neighborhood. This beautifully appointed Renaissance Hotel stylishly sets “Art in Motion” while surrounding you in comfort. Just blocks from the Georgia Tech campus, this sophisticated sanctuary is home to Briza Restaurant, and the Rooftop 866 lounge and easily accessible to popular destinations, like Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium, CNN Center and the Georgia Dome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Olotels, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.