“great weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“great weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We couldn't have asked for anything else during our stay in midtown Atlanta for a long weekend! The location of this hotel was great and the rooms were up to date and super clean. Plus the bed was sooo comfortable and had nice linens.

The staff was very accommodating at check in, helping us take our bags to our room and we had positive experiences with room service and valet service as well.

I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments AND I was delighted to see that you had very positive experiences with both the staff and with the hotel product itself. I was particularly pleased to see that you liked the rooms and that we were "super clean" and had sooo comfortable beds. I do appreciate all the comments we receive and take time to follow up and share with our team of ambassadors as well. We'll look forward to delighting you on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel has the best staff. They are so helpful. This was our first trip to
Atlanta and these people want you to have a good time. They gave us directions to great restaurants and mad suggestions. Great location, in midtown where you can walk to alot of local bars and restaurants. Nice room, comfortable beds

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for that glowing 5 Star review. I (we) are exceptionally prould of our team of Ambassadors and we too think they are the "best". I was delighted to read that we provided such a memorable experience for you on your first trip to Atlanta--we'll look forward to seeing you on your 2nd and all future ones!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here for a conference in Atlanta over the summer. The hotel was very chic looking and the rooms were nice inside. Nothing to really complain about for this property, except that the "roof top" bar is on the room of the second floor, and even though you were staying on the 7th floor, you could hear the party that was going on at night- until at least midnight.

I would stay here again, but would ask for a room not overlooking the bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not overlook the "rooftop bar"
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Good afternoon and thanks for your Trip Advisor post. Love the description of the hotel--"chic". That's exactly how we desribe ourselves. When you make your next reservation, be sure to mention a room on the other side of the hotel from the Rooftop 866 bar--it's very popular and busy, but should not be something that disturbs you.

Thanks again--remember at Renaissance we "Live Life to Discover"!
Chestertown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

There was nothing left to chance here. From the front desk to the friendly valet service, especially Mohamed, the staff was superb. The hotel is well maintained and the accomodations were great. Excellent, midtown location. The room was really clean and fresh with a contemporary decor. Comfy beds with nice linens. Bath amenities included plush towels, robes, and aveda products. The view was pleasant. The rooftop bar had a hip vibe and was a relaxing place for a cocktail Breakfast was well prepared with a nice selection of offerings served in an attractive atmosphere....delish! We had the "stay with pride" package which included valet parking and breakfast for two as well as two drinks at the rooftop bar or Briza per night. It was a terrific bargain! We had never been to Atlanta before and our stay here made touring this vibrant, diverse city even more of a treat. The parks are beautiful, and although we're not big on graveyards, the Oakland Cemetery was quite an interesting, historical site. There is a fabulous variety of restaurants in this city which contributes to an amazing gastronomical experience! So much to see and do here! I left a fav shirt in the room and Mr. Robert Grant could not have been more helpful in assuring it's return to me. We wish all of our hotel experiences could be this delightful. On our return to Atlanta, we will look forward to a repeat performance at this well managed property! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Wow! You could fill in and be our PR and Marketing manager with a review like that! Seriously, though I was delgihted to read your comments and see that what we work so hard at each and every day manifests itself in a GREAT stay for our guests. Mohamed and Robert are two of our best "ambassadors" but they reflect the spirit of all who work here! I truly appreciate all your comments and was so pleased to hear that your initial visit to the hotel and Atlanta was so positive for you! Loved the "hip vibe" description of our Rooftop 866 bar--just what we are striving to achieve. Look forward to your return visit!
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I hadn't been to Atlanta in awhile (I worked there for two years from 2006-2007) and was surprised to find that some of the hotels I stayed in during that period were either gone or under new ownership. This hotel is very near my office, but it's also very close to eateries, coffee shops, small boutiques, and grocery/drug stores. Downtown Atlanta died a long time ago so there is no point in staying there when you can stay in a very modern, clean, hotel with easy access. The one point I would make is that there seem to be a ton of staff opening doors and greeting you every five minutes which I find overly ingratiating and annoying. Outside of that, it was a lovely stay with very comfortable beds, lots of drawer and closet space.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I was delighted to to read your comments about the "excellent location and views" that our hotel provides. Midtown Atlanta has changed dramatically since you last worked here in the mid 2000s. I also appreciated your comments about the comfortable beds--and I will be sure to follow up with our valet partners to ensure that all interactions are meaningful and personable. Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. We'll look forward to seeing you soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This very modern Renaissance is atypical from the other half dozen I have stayed at before. The level of quality was there at every turn, just like every other one but this hotel gave a Vegas feel that fits right in to the Midtown environment. Very attentive, happy staff was a plus as well. We really enjoyed our stay and may make this our new stopping over point in ATL.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I was delighted to read your review and see how pleased you were to discover our gem in Midtown Atlanta. Thanks for taking time to recognize our "attentive, happy" staff and the high quality at every turn. We are very proud indeed of our hotel and the staff is focused on creating a great experience for each of our guests. We'll look forward to your next visit.
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This property has a great Midtown location, close enough to everything but in a pretty quiet area. I parked in the self-parking lot behind the hotel and walked 1 block to the property. That cost me $12 for overnight versus $30 with the hotel and it was easily worth the savings.

The lobby is modern, elegant and slightly funky. There is a wine hour from 5PM to 6PM and it was delicious and fun.

At check-in I was offered an upgrade to a "city view" room for $15 which included high speed internet. Since I was going to buy the wi-fi ($14.95) anyway, it was worth the extra $0.05 to get room 1911 which had a nice view. The elevators were fast and sound insulation was good.

The room is lovely. It is clearly 4* plus in quality, everything was very new, modern and of high quality. Again, slightly funky but not in W Hotels territory. The Aveda toiletries were lovely as always and I think the mini-bar had some fun selection. I liked the tiny couch by the window, it was great for watching TV and working on my laptop.

The bed is super comfortable and the pillows are amongst the highest quality hotel pillows on which I've slept in a while. There were plenty of lighting options and I appreciated the charging station built into the desk, it is such a convenience.

I ordered room service and the brisket sandwich is unique and to die for. So delicious! Prices were reasonable given the metro area and type of property.

If you want a pool, they are "sisters" with the nearby Marriott Marquis and the shuttle will take you there unless the Marquis is sold out so you can use their nice pool facilities.

Check-out was quick and painless. All the staff were super friendly. I can't recommend this property enough!

Room Tip: Pay the $15 upgrade to get city view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Good afternoon. I was delighted to read your review and absolutely loved your description of our lobby; modern, elegant and slightly funky! Your review touched on all of the points we focus on--super friendly staff, to lovely rooms with great pillows and comfortable beds in a great Midtown Atlanta location. I would also share with you that our Chef-Janine Falvo is a James Beard Rising Star winner and contestant on last year's Top Chef--she is incredibly talented --I get to taste her food on a regular basis. Thanks for your high recommendation of our hotel!

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!