“great experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Recent visit to Atlanta to see Georgia Tech. Location is perfect. Next time I won't rent a car from the airport since a Marta station is two blocks away and university shuttle stops across the street. The room is nice and clean. Bed is comfortable. Had a special rate to include parking, cocktails, and breakfast. Breakfast was wonderful, not a buffet like other places. The best part of the hotel is the staff. Front desk friendly and helpful. Same with the valet attendants. Matt at the bar is the best. Only criticism is not having coffee/tea in the rooms. It is provided in the lobby in the morning but I prefer a cup or two in the evening. Would definitely stay here again as long as my spouse isn't with me. He HAS to have coffee in the room. It is a deal breaker for him no matter how nice the hotel (he refused to stay in the Ritz Carlton provided by his job until they started providing coffee in the room). Renaissance take note of this!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
mark_castriota, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Good afternoon and thank you for your great review of the hotel. I appreciate the feedback immensely and always make sure to take the time to share with our team. We do have a number of coffee machines (Keurig) available for our guests to use in room, so be sure to tell your husband and do come back to stay with us. Just ask when you check in--or you can note this in the requests area if you make your reservations on line. I too am from Pittsburgh--born and raised --all in the South Hills. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Okay, so my room was just so-so which I would have given the hotel only 3 stars. However, I came here directing a meeting for a few days for my client. There are a few people I would like to mention. First of all RJ, who helped set the meeting room for us. An incredible guy who was very pleasant to work with. Then there was Matt, who is in charge of audio visual. Another great guy who's help was outstanding. And of course, there's Etienne, in charge of banquets. The most amazing person who's help was so precious. He even recommended the South City cafe which had great service and delicious food. If you're ever in Atlanta, you'll have to visit the Renaissance Midtown. Ask for these guys if you're ever in need of their services. Impecable! They even saved my rear-end a number of times! You won't regret it, specially if you come in contact with these gentlemen. Because of these employees, I have to give them five stars!

Room Tip: The rooms are so-so and my view out of my window was not great and my bathroom flooded which I hope...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the 5 star review, but more importantly thanks for recognizing 3 of our stellar ambassadors-Matt, RJ and Etienne. You certainly hit the nail on the head--these are 3 of our best and show it day in and day out. Very pleased to also share with you that we recognized each of these gentelmen in our Daily hotel wide stand up meeting -held each day at 9:30AM--in front of all their peers--they were each beaming with pride. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize and point out these individuals.
east greenwich, rhode island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

I was here for a business meeting- what a pleasant surprise. Great perks upon check in due to Marriott elite status. Delicious dinner on Rooftop 866! Excellent al fresco experience. Hotel room big, airy, and comfy bed! The exercise/fitness room is small, and warm (like a sauna), but the equipment was in top notch form and good variety. For Marriott elite members, free Internet and use of the mini bar ($10/day) since there is no concierge floor. The location is very good, during the day- would not be alone after dark, however. The hotel staff is very accommodating and I cannot wait to return here.

Stayed April 2012
Outstanding! Thanks for the glowing 5 star review. We are very proud of our service here at the hotel and I certainly appreciate when our guests experience that and take time to share. I will personally follow up on the temperature in the health club--that should not be the case, but we will double check the system and do a temperature read in the room. Thanks for being a Marriott Rewards member and we certainly look forward to welcoming you upon your return.
Southeast U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Fire pits, private cabana seating, beautiful gardens, and everyone was very friendly. I came with 2 friends (it was the first time for all of us) and everyone was very kind and accommodating. Our waitress Samantha was awesome. She had so much personality I wish she could've sat with us instead of serving our food lol. We all enjoyed her, she was quite a treat. I had BBQ Chicken sliders. They weren't the best but if you're starving they're delicious. I love flavored lemonade and the only kind they had was raspberry. Thank goodness I tried it though because it was delicious! My friends had the chips and dip, they both said that it was great! I like this place because it's a beautiful, relaxed scene that you can go to with friends and just relax. I do literally mean relax, they have chase lounges and cabanas with couches!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I tend to enjoy my stays at Renaissance properties and this was perhaps the best. The hotel is clean and the perks if you are a rewards member are nice. Specifically, the free breakfast and $10 per night credit for the minibar. The restaurant (breakfast, although they serve all meals) was great and as a rewards member I was able to order a la carte at no cost since there is no concierge lounge. The location was convenient for my purpose, but is also close to some good restaurants and a 15-20 minute walk to Piedmont Park (nice during the day, but I would stay away after the sun goes down). I had a unique billing issue that took longer than necessary to fix, but I won't hold that against them.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
MgrRenMidtownATL, Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I agree, we do offer great alternatives for Marriott Rewards guests in the absence of a Concierge Lounge. We receive great feedback regarding these amenities. I will be sure to share your comment regarding billing. Your comments only help us get better.
Hope to see you again in the future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

Another great stay at the Renaissance Midtown Hotel. What made this trip so special? Fabulous room on the 14th floor - nicely appointed with all the latest feature. Room seemed practically brand new. Very spacious, large bathroom with roomy shower, excellent view of the midtown area. As before, the staff was friendly, accomodating, accomodating, and professional.

Headed back to the area in a couple of weeks and looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed March 2012
charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Spent a March weekend at the Renaissance Midtown. The location is great - close to Piedmont Park, the Fox, great restaurants etc. The hotel is nicely designed and modern. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well maintained. All of the amenities that you can expect except no in-room coffee maker. The room umbrella was a nice touch although not needed on our weekend. The staff is friendly and helpful. My only criticism would be similar to previous posters : very expensive valet parking without any self park options and lack of free internet. Other than these two issues, it was a great stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MgrRenMidtownATL, Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as we always like to share reviews like this. One note, there are self parking options behind the hotel for $12 (without in & out privileges). I will reiterate to the valet team to offer this option to guests when arriving to the hotel. Hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel? Share your experiences!