“Redonkulous Beer menu” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Porter Beer Bar

The Porter Beer Bar
1156 Euclid Ave, Atlanta, GA 30307 (Little Five Points)
(404) 223-0393
Neighborhood: Little Five Points
Georgia
“Redonkulous Beer menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

One of our new fave spots in ATL located in the heart of Little 5 Points. Has an insane beer selection and the mussels were so good I could have poured the broth into a cup and taken it home! Be mindful if going in a large group as the layout is not very accommodating, but the staff goes above and beyond to make you comfortable.

• Visited November 2012

90% Recommend
“so many choices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We were originally planning on going to The Vortex for dinner but my boyfriend forgot his ID so we couldn't get in. The Porter was just around the corner so we went there instead. At first I was a little disappointed because it seemed small and since we had a party of 4 I was worried we'd be cramped. I was pleasantly surprised when the greeter brought us past the bar and there was a much larger booth and table section. We sat in a booth that was incredibly private, everything was in a nice, dark wood. Our waitress was wonderful, she asked us for drinks and we were all very indecisive. One of our party has a gluten intolerance and there were multiple options for her. I had a hard cider which the waitress suggested and I was very happy with it. The menu was much smaller than the drink menu (considering the drink menu was about 20 pages long) and had a beer recommendation for each meal. I'm vegeterian and they (to my surprise) had multiple options for me. I had the mac and cheese and it was phenominal. My boyfriend had a burger and he said it was also amazing. Everyone was very pleased with their drinks and food. The waitress was very good, overall I was happy with the experince.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very Interesting Place and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

5 Points is an interesting part of Atlanta and being there on Halloween night was even stranger but the beer list is massive and good, the burger was great and wife has the grits and shrimp which I wish I had ordered too after tasting. Waiter was very nice and gave us samples to test before ordering beers.

• Visited October 2012
Trujillo, Peru
“Not bad, great beer selection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am beer lover, so I found my place at Porter Beer Bar. During my stay in Atlanta I visited the bar twice. Appetizer were good and the beer recommendation from the waiter was perfect match. Looking forward to return soon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rocky Mount, Virginia
“Great Bar and Excellant Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went to Atlanta for our anniversary wanted to try some different beers our first night without the kiddos. Great atomsphere, our waitress Rebecca was nice and very helpful with which beer would good with our food. She had suggestions for places to visit while staying in the ATL. It literally does look like a whole in the wall. We didnt get past the first bar area, but they do have larger rooms towards the back. The food was good, had the rueben and fries, my husband had fish and chips. both were good! Beer was pricey but you are getting mostly local non highly commerialized choices.

• Visited October 2012