“Cool venue with an amazing beer menu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TAP

TAP
1180 Peachtree St, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Midtown)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
TAP is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #547 of 3,274 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: We are 1 1/2 blocks down from the Arts Center Marta Station.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cool venue with an amazing beer menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

When you go to Tap, you'll find that its a very cool 3 floor structure (the second floor being just for cold keg storage). It's in the heart of mid-town at the corner of 14th and Peachtree. You walk in and the large rectangular bar is in the middle allowing for great socialization. Booths all around and outdoor seating. So the ambience gets you. There's a sense of whimsy as you wonder why there is a 3.5 foot red beaver staring at you (no not that kind of beaver - the rodent type). The beer list is impressive - many cool and unique to satisfy a big range of beer connoisseurs. The food is great, clean, and fresh. Love the tacos, burgers - everything has a unique clean edge to it, that lives up to what you'd hope from the ambiance. If you're having a large group of friends, theirs random, cool, pockets of large booths and a huge main dining area up on the third floor which is where the kitchen is. We love to hang here on Saturday afternoons. It's the first place we think of when grabbing a bite and drink in mid-town and keeping is cool and casual.

• Visited February 2013

Cumberland, Maryland
“Late Night Bite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My father-in-law, daughter, and I went here for a late night bite after the Hawks-Spurs game. Great location. Nice atmosphere. Nice menu at reasonable prices. I got the braised beef sandwich which was very good. Daughter got the chicken Ceasar salad and said it was the best one she had ever had. Chicken was very tender. Father-in-law ordered the Fish-n-Chips. Fish was huge, but fries were scrawny. Lots of them, but they were shoestring fries instead of a traditional chips. The biggest distraction was the lingering odor of stale beer. I realize that being called TAP, that beer is involved, but the odor detracted from the atmosphere and interfered in my mind with the taste of my food and my beer. I would go again, but hopefully it gets a deep cleaning. Waitress was very friendly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect for a break from the hotel restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am in town for a convention, staying in a hotel nearby TAP. I am sorry that I did not discover this restaurant/bar when I first arrived. Today, a Sunday, was when I stumbled across it for lunch and I returned for dinner.

The menu is familiar with a twist. I had the venison burger for lunch and hanger steak for dinner. Both were very good and reasonably priced. I would not make a trip to Atlanta to eat at Tap, but when back in Atlanta I will try to make it back. This is because the staff are friendly, knowledgeable about the menu, and honest. And the fries border on addictive while the wine selection, while limited, is impeccable.

I am not a beer person, so I cannot attest to that selection- but I suspect it at least matches but likely exceeds the wine selection.

• Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“FUN Midtown restaraunt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I had tickets for the Atlanta symphony and were looking for a restaraunt nearby. We had a short walk to TAP and decided to give it a try. We were seated right away and had a very friendly server.After ordering, our meals came quickly.I had the Pub burger and it was delicious-just the right size. My husband had the hanger steak and said it was perfect! The beer selection was extensive.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Great duck wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently visited with family and friends for my birthday. The decor is nice and our waiter was very good. I ordered duck wings, lamb meatballs, and a chicken taco. The marinade and dipping sauce used for the wings is awesome- sweet with a bit of spice. The lamb meatballs were seasoned well and served in a spicy thick sauce. The taco was good, but I'm not a fan of the multiple tortillas it was wrapped in. Overall it was a pretty good experience.