“Comfort food, southern and more- and a great wine list” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cook Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 3,540 Restaurants in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lenox Road
Transit: Marta Red Line to Buckhead station N7; Marta Bus Route 23.
Description: Since opening in November 2012, Cook Hall has impressed hotel guests and Atlanta locals with its playful, refined take on American comfort food. Headed by veteran Atlanta Chef David Gross, the Cook Hall menu is composed of small, sharable plates featuring global gastropub fare and locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Cook Hall also boasts one of the most exciting and engaging cocktail programs in Atlanta, the highlight of which is the interactive Cocktail Kit which allows guests to experiment and create their own drink.
Snoqualmie, Washington
“Comfort food, southern and more- and a great wine list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2015 NEW

This is an informal restaurant in the W Hotel in Buckhead Georgia. I had a great waitress and she steered me towards some very good wines that I was not initially familiar with ( and I know quite a bit about wine). I had a carrot/ginger soup that was delicious and a chicken dish that was succulent and a bit sweet and actually one of the best chicken dishes I have ever had. This is an unpretentious place that actually is surprisingly ambitious and talented. I ate there because I was in the hotel, but I would go there even if I wasn't the next time I am in Atlanta.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent brunch spot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

Very nice contemporary American cuisine, charming decor, nice service, and reasonable view of Buckhead.

Main Line, Pa
“Really good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

Loved this place! Casual dinner with family- great options- cocktails, beer list, appetizers, dinner options were all really good! Server was attentive and polite. We had cheese plate, hummus, risotto, BBQ pork sliders, duck tacos, salads and enjoyed each and every one. Loved the casual atmosphere and creative menu options. I'd recommend this!!

Cleveland, Ohio
“Walk on by”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Cook Hall is super hyped given that it is co-owned by Belinda Chang and Jean Georges, both of their ventures I have tried and loved in NYC. I brought my mum to Cook Hall and she was wise to say let's just try one or two things and then see. So we ordered the deviled eggs with/without (earlier today, the ham) because of the numerous kudos on this site. Let me say they were ordinary and unabalanced (too salty). I ordered a rose but was given a red (PN) instead. With these two boos', we took it as a bad sign, and instead headed back to the Cafe at Mandarin Oriental where we had great food, great wine and even better service

• Visited March 2015
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, United States
“quick lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Stayed in the hotel and was impressed with both the asthetics of this restaurant and the lunch fare was very good. Service was on spot and Id definitely try it again. I had the Muffaletta sliders, fries and deviled eggs (for the table). All were fresh twists on familiar items. Good bar too!

Visited March 2015