“Forward thinking neighborhood gem” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The SHED at Glenwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 3,465 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Oyster Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are right along the Beltline and Marta runs right past the restaurant.
Description: Nestled in cozy Grant Park, The Shed at Glenwood is a casual concept with serious food. Chef Todd Richards provides a true neighborhood feel with dishes worth a drive. The menu is a constant evolution of fresh seasonal fare with integrity driven ingredients that our guests can feel good about. Innovative cocktails, over 35 wines by the glass, and a wide range of beers adapt in concert to the ever changing food offerings. From a last minute meal to a special occasion, The Shed at Glenwood has a table ready. Daily Specials: Tuesday & Thursday- Brewer’s Dozen 1 dozen oysters (3 ways in any combination) & a featured beer $12 Wednesday- $3 Slider night Friday & Saturday- BUY The Bottle! Great $20 Wine Deals Sunday Brunch- Bottomless Mimosas $12 & Bottomless Bloody Marys $13 Sunday Supper- 3 courses of comfort food for $20
Atlanta, Georgia
“Forward thinking neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Phenomenal go-to place featuring a variety of themes each night of the week. Everything is great so going different nights is a must to taste all that the chef highlights. Their fried chicken is delicious and was recently featured as one of the best in Atlanta magazine. The hospitality can not be beat either. If you like wine and cocktails, you will certainly be pleased with the selection as well. Go with a group of friends or with a date. I've done both.

Visited December 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Wanted something I've never done for my birthday, so I went to the Five Course meal. It was the owners birthday as well, I later found out. His wife was sooo cheeky cool, the bar guy sean was sweet. I sat with some regulars and they were a hoot, we had a mad mad time and the food my lord...ok let's see Cobia fish awesome. lamb awesome. rossotto with egg that oozes out of the middle classic...great seleltion of drinks and Todd was like informative and engaging and intelligent it was my first visit and awesome!! Good job Atlanta

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Beautiful Place, Excellent Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Ultimately its the food that maters to me. I want a nice place and good service but if the food is not there its all for naught. We had three brunch orders, mine was the pork loin (tough) with jalapeno cheese grits and egg choice. I ordered my eggs poached and they where delivered hard boiled without the shell basicly as where my friends on her Benedict. When I finally got them to bring actual poached eggs the grits where cold so this was a disastrous plate. My friend opted to eat hers as they where. At a brunch eggs, a relatively simple thing to cook is key to the meal and at $14 they should at least be able to get that right. The manager who was very nice and quick to get the problem resolved to the best of her ability asked me a strange question when I showed her my hard poached eggs. She said when I showed her the hard cooked poached egg yokes "how would you like them cooked"? Maybe someone could respond to my complaint by telling me there are different ways to poach an egg. Is there more information I should give when asking for a poached egg or benedict? Drinks where good and I had a nice visit with my friends in this lively eatery but I've got to say the food was below average at best. One other thing. Bread is not included with your $14 brunch entre. Not a biscuit, slice of toast or muffin. This is charged as extra item. Hmmmm....

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Biscuits so good I want to climb in one and take a nap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic!
The best in Atlanta. Go and you'll see.
I don't have the vocabulary to do justice to how awesome the SHED is.

Visited November 2013
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Enjoy eating at The SHED, try it on Wednesdays for Fried Chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We've been to The SHED two times for dinner, once on a Thursday, and once on a Wednesday. We purposely came back on a Wednesday so that we could partake in their "Southern Spread" night (we're on a mission to find the best fried chicken in the city!). The SHED is in a cute location near Glenwood Park. We've never had trouble finding a parking spot ourselves on the street, but they do have complimentary valet as well. We have sat inside and outside - both are nice; the outdoor seating looks straight at a parking lot, but the option is nice when the weather is good. The waitstaff and service is excellent. Very good and unique cocktail menu. The menu changes all the time so there is always something new to try. Our favorite so far has been the Wednesday night Southern Spread/Fried Chicken. Try the housemade Ding Dong or Bourbon Roasted Banana Pudding for dessert. Definitely worth the trip!

• Visited October 2013