“Absolute Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The SHED at Glenwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 3,460 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Oyster Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are right along the Beltline and Marta runs right past the restaurant.
Description: Nestled in cozy Grant Park, The Shed at Glenwood is a casual concept with serious food. Chef Todd Richards provides a true neighborhood feel with dishes worth a drive. The menu is a constant evolution of fresh seasonal fare with integrity driven ingredients that our guests can feel good about. Innovative cocktails, over 35 wines by the glass, and a wide range of beers adapt in concert to the ever changing food offerings. From a last minute meal to a special occasion, The Shed at Glenwood has a table ready. Daily Specials: Tuesday & Thursday- Brewer’s Dozen 1 dozen oysters (3 ways in any combination) & a featured beer $12 Wednesday- $3 Slider night Friday & Saturday- BUY The Bottle! Great $20 Wine Deals Sunday Brunch- Bottomless Mimosas $12 & Bottomless Bloody Marys $13 Sunday Supper- 3 courses of comfort food for $20
Atlanta, Georgia
“Absolute Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My Husband and I have been going to The Shed for several years and, even through chef changes, it has been consistently great. It is so much a favorite for us, that we had our wedding reception there! The staff made it a complete dream come true. If I had an unlimited budget to get married again tomorrow, I would do it again in exactly the same place. Only this time, I would make sure I ate more of the food.
Every dish on the menu is crafted with extreme care and artistry and the selection of beers and wines is superb. Although it may be out of the way for some, The Shed is worth any trip and makes a great dinner stop before going to Atlantic Station or other areas in midtown and downtown-with free valet parking to boot!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Love the brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been to this restaurant at all times during the day and the food (specially the desserts!) are awesome. Brunch is great and unlimited mimosas!
I do miss slider nights which was my favorite but overall it is always a nice place to go.

• Visited March 2013
ATL
“Nice Meal, Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Shed is located in the Glenwood Park mixed use development just south of I-20. We dined as a couple early on a weeknight (Wednesday). The have daily specials which appear to vary by day of the week - Wednesday is Fried Chicken.

The restaurant is a big open space with some limited outside seating. We dined inside at a table by the window (nice). Our server was attentive and provided sound advice when asked. They have a reasonable selection of wines, draft and bottled beers. Even a pear cider that has alcohol but is not strong at all.

A tomato bisque (included w/o ordering) was served in a small cup - think triple espresso. Quite tasty. 9/10

We both ordered the special - fried chicken with sides. I finished with a seasonal peach cobbler.

Fried chicken - apparently voted best of Atlanta 2 years running. It was good but a little too trendy. Would prefer classic southern fried chicken - which is becoming hard to find. They serve both dark and white meat pieces, it is extra crispy and has a hint of cumin and other flavors. Very moist. Skin fell off the meat on mine but my partner's was cooked to better constitution. 7/10

Tomato, cucumber and red onion salad. I tripled up on this side, declining the pimento cheese and beet salad. Passable. Should be better here in Atlanta during summer where vine ripe tomatoes and cucumbers are of outstanding quality and easily sourced locally. 4/10

The Bride rated the beet salad a 9/10. and pimento cheese 8/10.

Peach cobbler was served piping hot in a small cup. Very tasty with some bits of praline (?). 9/10.

Nice week night treat. All in it was $100 with four drinks, tip and tax.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kimberton PA
“Super Brunch in a Fun Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was a really outstanding place for brunch. It has a loft type decor that gives it a fun casual chic atmosphere. The staff are really friendly and attentive. The food beginning with the endless Mimosas was really fantastic. I had their take on eggs Benedict with fried green tomatoes with the best home fries I ever tasted. The muffins were excellent too. Everyone was pleased with their food. The restaurant was very busy but we still felt we were well-taken care of. I would go back in a heartbeat if I lived in Atlanta. I bet the dinners are also wonderful.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“A great neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Met some old friends here recently and they have three very well behaved children. This place really knows how to take care of kids and adults as well. The kids were quickly given crayons and pictures to color, orders taken and food quickly delivered. That way, the adults could have some adult beverage, order some find fresh oysters on the half shell and catch up. The menu changes regularly based on the local farm to table approach, what we had this week may not be there next. That is what keeps us all coming back. The halibut was excellent. Some of the best I have ever had. So, while we were eating dinner, the kids got dessert and everyone was happy. Then the adults got dessert! The Shed is famous for its very own take on a Ding Dong... not to be missed but the new favorite is a peanut butter chocolate bar with nutella gelato. Do not miss it! And, valet parking... so all is good at The Shed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere