“Wide Range of Flavors” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fandangles

Fandangles
165 Courtland St NE, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown)
+1 404-659-6500
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fandangles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,273 Restaurants in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Andrew Young International Boulevard
Transit: MARTA Peachtree Center - 2 blocks from hotel
Description: Located inside the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, Fandangles promotes health-conscious Southern evolution food. The menu includes Southern Comforts like the 24-oz Bone-in Rib-eye and The Roasted Corn and Chicken Chowder to items that are a bit lighter fare like our locally sourced House Smoked Trout or our Quinoa Kale salad. We offer an uniquely... Crafted Gluten Free and Vegetarian Menu designed to satisfy any palette. Our beef comes from Cox Farm and Southeast Family Farms and our cheeses from Flat Creek Lodge Creamery and Sweet Grass Dairy. These regional ingredients combined with Chef Marc Suennemann's creativity and skill help make the moments in Fandangles memorable. We have live Jazz every Thursday from 6:30-9:30pm, featuring the Eric Thomas Trio. Fandangles provides a memorable and lasting culinary experience.
Atlanta
“Wide Range of Flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Recently my husband and I were treated to a tasting and dinner prepared by Chef Marc of Fandangles Restaurant in the downtown Atlanta Sheraton. From start to finish it was an amazing experience and there were so many choices on the menu that I was able to try because of the size of our group. My favorite recommendations would be the White Chicken Chili - gluten free - and the chicken wings that were served in a very creative manner with a dipping sauce that allowed you control over the depth of flavor. (I used as much of it as I could)
Everyone at the table felt that they had ordered the best thing on the menu which is a great sign.
Not to be missed is the lamb shank.
Bravo Chef Marc!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your dinner and for the great comments- I'll make certain that the team hears about them.

Chef and Donley remember the tasting well and we all sincerely appreciate you coming in. We hope that you make it downtown again very soon.

Cottage Grove, Oregon
“Exceptional food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very relaxing lounge, great bartenders, great food. Over the week I had the Sirloin steak, the Steak Burger, Grown Up Grilled Cheese, Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Truffle Mac and Cheese, and always finished the meal with either The Lemon Pudding with Blueberries or the Creme Brulee. The Sweet Potato donut looked delicious also.

Visited July 2013
Orin M, Manager at Fandangles, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience in Fandangles. I noticed as well, that you wrote a review related to your hotel stay with us and we appreciate your kind words there also.
The good news is that you seem to have made your way through half of our menu, the really good news is that you still have another half to go. I hope that you make it back down south again soon and thank you for visiting with us.

New York City, New York
“Really enjoyable dining experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Located in the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Atlanta, I was not expecting too much in the way of service or food and was pleasantly surprised. From beginning to end, the wait staff and bartenders were competent and exceedingly polite, giving one a taste of the legendary Southern hospitality that unfortunately seems to have gone with the wind in modern Atlanta.

Upon arriving without reservations, we were informed that the dining room was full but there were hightops available in the adjacent bar. This was fine with us as the dinner menu was the same in both the dining room and the bar area. Our waitress, even though she was quite busy, was nonetheless pleasant and was able to take our orders, smile and get the food out to her customers.

For our appetizers, my partner and I choose the Southern Fried Buttermilk wings and the Green Tomato Napoleon. The wings were delicious and gave you just the right suggestion of old fashioned friend chicken, a Southern specialty. The Fried Green Tomato Napoleon was a wonderful take on this Southern favorite and the tomatoes themselves were sweet and not bitter as they sometime can be.

My entree was the Lamb Shank, which was indeed huge. In fact, too much for one person, it could have been shared easily. It fell off the bone and each bite was tender and flavorful, indicating to me that it had been slow cooked and basted properly. It was not dried out at all. My partners seared Sea Scallops were prepared perfectly and served on a bed of andouille sausage, cheese and carmelized onion grits. Again a tremendous portion that could have been shared or taken home.

The menu was truly inspired, giving new takes on classic Southern cuisine, while the executive chef was out and about soliciting comments and socializing with the clientele, giving instructions to waitstaff and very much a presence. Clearly he cares and it shows. I would definitely go back to Fandangles.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kevin,

I have to admit that this review is particularly gratifying, given both your status as a 'top reviewer' and that you live in NYC- home to some amazing restaurants. Thank you for the kind comments, for choosing Fandangles and especially for recognizing Chef's efforts- we too believe that he is building something very special. We hope that we see you when you're back in Atlanta and until then, travel safe.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Hello new favorite restaurant in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Having dined at the majority of hot spots in Atlanta, we needed to see for oursleves what all the raving was about Fandangles.  Like many people, we have our regular favorite restaurants throughout the city and we find it very challenging to add new places to our list.   That all changed last week.  For us foodies, our stomach's yearn for creativity and that's exactly what we received from the crew at Fandangles.  The service was fantastic.  This staff knew exacly what they were talking about and were on point at all times. The atmosphere was the ideal way to start our weekend.  The food was literally amazing.  It's tough to say this given the talent in the Atlanta area, but this place had our taste buds doing cartwheels.  Chef Marc took the time to introduce himself to the table and you could tell that this guy was passionate about food. In addition to tasting great, the attention to detail and presentation that went into each course was outstanding.  From the drinks to our delicious sweet potato donuts, everything was made to perfection.   Fandangles has officially been named to our list of favorites!

Visited June 2013
Jay,

"... tastebuds doing cartwheels ..." is pretty much what we were looking for- thank you for the great review. Recognizing Fandangles as one of the best restaurants in Atlanta, does indeed put us in some pretty special company and it feels great to "be on your list". Please drop by often and thank you again- the team is going to be very excited to read this.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing New Menu!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Recently, I visited the Sheraton downtown and enjoyed the featured new menu in Fandangles. I was surprised to see such an elegant selection of food for an affordable price. Everything sounded delicious and over my stay, I was able to try a few things from it. The grilled cheese, lamb shank, scallops, fried green tomatoes, were all savory and scrumptious. Overall the dining experience was very pleasurable. I would definitely recommend dining in the restaurant if you are staying at the Sheraton Downtown.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orin M, Manager at Fandangles, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for the great comments. We have a very diverse 'fan base' and have worked hard to ensure that we keep Chef Suennemann's menu, very affordable. You certainly sampled some of my personal favorites and I am glad that you enjoyed your experience. There are many more things to try (including some incredible desserts) and I hope that you'll be in again soon,