“A Departure from the Ordinary” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #128 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A Departure from the Ordinary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

This hotel provides a very unique and neat experience. It's perfect for the 20's to 40 age group. It has a very trendy design throughout the hotel and is a nice departure from the norm. The location is convenient as well, since it's surrounded by restaurants and bars and only a short cab ride to downtown. The decorations in the guest rooms provide a very comfortable and memorable stay as well. We stayed on the 14th floor and had a nice view of midtown. We had a 40 inch flat panel high definition tv and very comfortable beds. The only complaint I would have dealt with the water pressure in the shower but you have that in a lot of hotels. When you walk in the lobby you first notice the hotel clerks are at kiosks versus the normal welcome desk. There's also always a pleasant smell when you enter thanks to the fragrance they pepper throughout the place. The bars/restaurants inside the hotel get pretty popular at night as we noticed they had a line both nights we were there.

The "Whatever/Whenever" concierge desk was very helpful. They helped us to order tickets to Six Flags while we were there and gave us their email address so that we could print them out. They also provided great advice about restaurants and bars around the area to visit. We didn't get a chance to use the pool either but it was funny when I asked where the pool was to one of the staff, he corrected me and said "oh you mean Wet." This is their official name for the pool area. We didn't buy any drinks or food from the hotel as I had read on other posts it was a bit expensive. I would definitely stay here again. But I'll probably try the other two W hotels they are building in Atlanta first. I would also suggest trying breakfast one morning at the Flying Biscuit Cafe which is close to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Alpahretta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

$80.00 for breakfast for two! Give me a break - especially considering that $40 of that was tax, service and some other random charge. We won’t make that mistake again! I also noticed when I got home that the bar charged $200 to my debit card - the mistake I am told was that they ran my card as credit verses debit and that when that happens they automatically hold $200. The manager I spoke with was apologetic about it and said that it has happened before and that there is nothing that he can do - that the bank will put the money back into my account in 7 days. The big question is - would I stay here again? "Perhaps - but I would eat somewhere else for b-fast and I would pay cash for my drinks!!!"

• Liked — Updated feel and cool "W" style
  • Disliked — room service prices and bar service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travelers also viewed these Atlanta hotels
W Atlanta Downtown
Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
W Atlanta - Buckhead
#51 of 191 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 stars 1,030 reviews

Been to W Atlanta Midtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about W Atlanta Midtown

Address: 188 14th Street at Peachtree, Atlanta, GA 30361
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Wheelchair access
#10 Spa Hotel in Atlanta
#27 Luxury Hotel in Atlanta
Hotel Class:4 star — W Atlanta Midtown 4*
The W Atlanta Midtown Hotel offers the coolest stay in the heart of Atlanta's hottest neighborhood, conveniently located near the Fox Theater, Piedmont Park, and some of the chicest clubs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your W Atlanta Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
w Atlanta Midtown Hotel Atlanta
w Hotels Atlanta
w Hotel Atlanta

If you own or manage W Atlanta Midtown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.