“Great Location and great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #101 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Tallahassee,FL
“Great Location and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at the W Midtown this past weekend while attending a conference at the nearby Marriott Marquis. I have to say I would not recommend this hotel for families. There is entirely too much going on in the lobby area that I would not want my kids around. However, it is an amazing place for couples, friends, solo travel, and is conveniently located for business to downtown and midtown. I would have given an average rating if it wasn't for the staff, they were responsive attentive and very friendly. The entire hotel is designed around a modern party vibe to go with the "whatever, whenever" theme. On the weekends, the second floor club "whiskey park" is packed. I was caught off guard when I realized that there were bouncers actually standing outside for this purpose, however, I heard none of it from my room on the 16th floor. The room itself had a great view of Piedmont park and midtown. I dislike the peekaboo shower door and the sink but it went with the modern vibe of the room. The room itself was spacious with a vanity and sitting area which I appreciated. I definitely laughed at the fact that they stocked the room with everything you need to party: liquor, wine, snack bar, and even an "intimacy" kit.

I dislike the fact that I was told the hotel had a shuttle. They only have a car service which is first come first serve and runs on limited hours. It also does not pick you up. I shelled out more money in cab fare than I expected because I was told there was a shuttle available to guests.

I would stay at this location again as long as I do not plan on doing business downtown.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view

709 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stay here frequently and every time, I am always very impressed with their friendly staff and service from the front desk to the valet. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. It is a very convenient location in walking distance to many restaurants, bars, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms right next to the elevators can be a little loud
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've stayed here a few times. It's a very nicely done hotel. The location is great as well. I've really enjoyed my room each stay. The views are very nice. Typical W beds, tvs, mini bar, bathrooms. Good rain shower heads. The lobby/living room area is really fun and great for visiting with friends. Walked through Whiskey Park but it was closed. Spice Market restaurant was okay but nothing too special. I like the rooms here and location better than W Atlanta Downtown. But, I like the pool area downtown better. I'd definitely return to both hotels as I have multiple times.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My overall experience there is always a good, whether on business or pleasure. Staff is always excellent, the food is good. The bathroom wasn't too clean, but the comfortable beds made up for it. I always recommend The W midtown to friends and family.. I'm from Boston so I enjoy the hospitality I get when I'm in Atlanta..

• Stayed March 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've enjoyed several business stays at this property over the last year and finally made it my destination for a weekend of fun recently. The rooms are large and comfortable and the overall design is quirky, cool and over-the-top silly in unexpected ways (peek a boo shower?!). But what really sets this property apart is the fantastic staff! From valet to housekeeping, to the restaurant hostess who played double-duty and served us when the restaurant was packed at breakfast - everyone is focused on making your stay the best it can be. My advice for any W is if you take yourself and your surroundings too seriously this is not the hotel chain for you. The vibe is hip, young and a little silly! If you want to relax, be pampered and enjoy yourself in Midtown, this is the place to go!

Room Tip: Even rooms have a beautiful view of Piedmont Park!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear "ddearry,"

Thank you for your review -- we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and fully embraced the fun vibe of the W brand. And I will pass along your compliments to the entire team here -- we appreciate your kind words very much.

We hope to see you again soon!

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rate was decent and the hotel is very nice. There's a lot of congregating in the lobby around the bar, but it's pretty typical of The W. The rooms are really nice - modern, as one expects of The W, but this hotel really has that type of thing down. The rooms are also pretty big and, unlike some W hotels, the bathroom doesn't have one of those creepy see-thru doors, it's separate and as private as the average hotel room. Ask for a high floor, the view is amazing. Room service is pricey, but that's to be expected. One annoying thing is that, in a city where you have not choice but to drive, the parking is pricey - it's the new hotel racket, very annoying. If you find it - look for a coupon or deal that eliminates the parking charge. Also, self parking will save you about $10 a night and is quicker and easier at this hotel then valet and more convenient than most self park situations, you literally walk from the parking deck to the lobby. There is free coffee in the lobby in the mornings - which they don't announce. The hotel bar bathrooms are super neat. Not the best location in Atlanta either, so all of this adds up to a good experience, not over the top great, but no complaints and it's nice and the rates decent.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear "Jabronie13,"

Thank you for your review -- we're glad you had an enjoyable stay. You are correct -- we have packages on our special offers page at WAtlantaMidtown.com that include complimentary valet; many people benefit from this as our valet offers unlimited in-and-out privileges while the adjacent parking deck (which we do not own or manage) does not. And while the vast majority of visitors prefer our location in Midtown Atlanta, we appreciate that it may not be ideal for you.

We hope to see you again the next time you're in Atlanta.

Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very modern look, awkward front entrance for those driving themselves and not familiar with the area. Great front patio area for people watching. Staff was competent and friendly. Only downside when arriving was my preferred bed choice was not available - despite my reservation. Overall a good hotel and one I would frequent again.

Dear "SMS06,"

Thank you for your review -- we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay (and apologize for being sold out of your preferred bed choice). We hope to see you again soon -- weather is perfect right now for people watching on the Living Room patio!

W Atlanta - Midtown

Been to W Atlanta Midtown? Share your experiences!