“Good hotel at a nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #109 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
delhi
“Good hotel at a nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Well appointed good size room, very good front desk staff, good restaurants with few good eating optins around.

The asian restaurant is quite good and it;s menu is available for in room dining as well so have a good choice though timing seems to be restrictive.

Room Tip: check with front desk staff
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear "sanjay s,"

Thank you for your review -- we're so pleased you enjoyed your stay, our location and Spice Market restaurant.

We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in Atlanta.

W Atlanta - Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

They focus way too much on mood lighting and ultra-modern decor, and not enough on engineering. The pipes knocked all day and all night. Sure, they offered me another room, but who wants the hassle of moving once you've settled in after a long day of travel or business? If I closed the bathroom door, it wasn't so loud that I couldn't sleep, so I tolerated it. Some form of comp would have been nice, for my inconvenience. I'd expect noisy pipes at a Super 8, but not a luxury hotel.

The room was so dark that I couldn't see well enough to put makeup on. The room decor was cool and interesting, but an open shower with no door or curtain just feels weird to me.

Would not be a suitable hotel for a family trip. Feels like a trendy night club.

Room Tip: I was in room 905 and, apparently, no one else complained about noisy pipes. (sure) Avoid room 905.
Dear "tsterling,"

Thank you for your review -- I am deeply sorry for your negative experience here. While many people enjoy our decor and lighting, we understand and appreciate that it's not everyone's ideal. We've noted the noise you experienced in your room and will address it -- thank you for alerting us. If you would like to discuss any of your issues further, please feel free to email me at your convenience: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

We do hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in Atlanta.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel recently on business because it was the official conference hotel. This was my first experience with a W Hotel.

I want to state upfront that there was nothing substantially wrong with this hotel or my stay. However, for a hotel that bills itself as a luxury hotel, I was definitely underwhelmed.

For me, it's all about the details. I noticed lots of little upkeep issues in my room- chipped paint, discolored sheets, etc. As far as design goes, they seemed to focus on form over function. One example would be the shower. Instead of doors, it has a glass wall enclosing 1/2 the shower leaving the other half open with no curtain or door. All the steam escaped from the shower leaving me cold and the mirror completely fogged over.

I spent most of my time in the hotel at the conference but the location seems to be convenient. It's a walkable distance from the Arts Center MARTA train station. There are plenty of dining options nearby. There appear to be a wide selection of mid priced to upscale restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is connected to Colony Square which hosts a variety of fast food restaurants: Chic-Fil-A, Starbucks, Moes, etc.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear "JustMe985,"

Thank you for your review -- we're sorry that your experience was underwhelming and that we disappointed you with some details. While many people enjoy our design and things like the showers, we understand and appreciate that it's not everyone's ideal. That said, we're always disappointed to hear that someone had a negative experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our location in Midtown Atlanta.

We hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in Atlanta,

Take care,

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Definitely not up to the standard that I've experienced at other W's. Customer service was ok, but not great. Food was ok, but not great. Rooms were ok, but not great. Nothing was GREAT. In fact as we left our room for meetings at 7:45am we noticed several room service trays outside in the hallway, never a pleasant site and when we returned at 1:00pm the trays were still there and beginning to smell. I've stayed in the area before at another chain and will probably go back to that one after this experience.

Dear "mlhover,"

Thank you for your review -- we sincerely apologize for disappointing you. We do hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in Atlanta.

If you would like to share any additional details about your experience here, please feel free to email me at your convenience: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This W inhabits an older, existing building in Midtown Atlanta. This section of Midtown is also more of a commercial area, busy on weekdays, and Saturday nights, but otherwise pretty quiet. So plan accordingly and lower your expectations.

Older buildings are just going to be harder to keep clean. It's a well known fact. They do their best though, and frankly if you give me Bliss bath products I'll probably forgive a lot of things!
It also happens to be connected to Colony Square which is super busy at lunch Mon-Fri, but don't go over there on a weekend morning thinking you can get breakfast. Your choices are limited to the inhouse options, or (and this is not a bad thing) The Nook which is a short walk away. The Nook, let it be known, is delicious!! It's not good for you, but it is worth the calories.

The front desk staff is nice and genuinely helpful. They have to be, because we called at least 5 times to get security to come up to let us in our rooms. See, the keys have this nasty habit of demagnetizing. All the time. Our hands were always too full to go back down the elevator to deal with it. So we called the desk. They sent someone up quickly, but we would have rather not had to call at all.

Finally, if you are checking out on a Sunday morning apparently the staff feels the need to go around to make sure you are leaving. Someone knocked on our door 3 times before 10:30am (checkout time is 12), both of my brothers reported this as did my father. Granted we did not have do not disturb signs out, but last time I checked when you have til 12pm to check out that should at least be the threshold for harassing your hotel guests. If I stay past 12 by all means, knock on my door, charge me a fee, whatever. Don't delay my departure with your rudeness.

One positive -- we were there for a wedding and found that there was plenty of fun to be had after the rehearsal dinner and reception both nights. It was very nice to be able to continue the party without concerns of how to get home safely.

Room Tip: High floor -- the club and bar on the lower levels blast music!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear "martyo624,"

Thank you for your review and thoughtful comments. We're so glad you had fun at the wedding and reception and enjoyed many things while here (including the Bliss products!). But we do apologize for disappointing you in some ways -- while we can't take credit or blame for Colony Square's hours, we're glad you found The Nook and agree that it is delicious. Our on-site restaurant, Spice Market, also serves breakfast, just fyi for your next stay here. We are sorry about your key situation as well, but glad we were able to speedily help. We will use your comments about Sunday morning check out as a training example -- thank you for this feedback.

We hope to see you again soon,

Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Some friends had stayed here before and had one night ahead of business trip that wanted to be in this area. The hotel has a dark overtone to it with little lighting. The room was ok, but it had the distinct smell that beer had been in carpet and the area around the mini bar was still wet from maybe a cleanup previous. The gym area was adequate, but not anything special.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear "Dontyouknow58,"

Thank you for your review -- we're so glad you chose us and enjoyed the location in Midtown Atlanta, but sorry that we disappointed you. We would love for you to give us another try -- we promise a room that smells wonderful.

We hope to see you again soon,

Alpharetta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love the new modern lobbies but this felt like a bus station! Halls had empty trays that were left for too long but I must say the rooms were very comfortable even though they could have spared some extra towels. Two are just not enough!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear "rise h,"

Thank you for your review -- we're glad you enjoyed your room but are sorry that you were disappointed by our public spaces. The next time you stay with us, please let us know that you'd like more towels in your room -- we're more than happy to accommodate.

We hope to see you again soon.

Take care,

W Atlanta - Midtown

Been to W Atlanta Midtown? Share your experiences!