“Convenient, modern, but noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #97 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Convenient, modern, but noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I guess the convenience of being in midtown and the nature of the W brand itself lends this property to being more noisy and filled with obnoxious people than some other Atl hotels. The rooms are nice and the staff is accomodating, but I wouldn't say it's a place to hang out if you're just looking to chill (leave that for the St. Regis). We had a good stay, but not the best property in Atl.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear "EvD2012,"

Thank you for your review -- we appreciate your compliments of our rooms and staff, but sorry that we disappointed you in other ways.

We would love for you to give us another try the next time you're in Atlanta.

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Located in Midtown Atlanta, this is a trendy and friendly hotel. Restraunts, nightclub, bar, everything at your fingertips so you don't even have to leave the hotel. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and decorated with a great view.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear "DianaLovesTravel,"

Thank you for your review -- we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and got to experience Spice Market and our Gerber bars (Living Room and Whiskey Park).

We hope to see you again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great renovated property, rooms all average good, nothing bad at this hotel. Best thing is the outdoor lounge & bar/club. Yea its a fun hotel to stay in during the weekend, this isnt a family hotel -but if you like having fun stay here. This hotel has a solid location & rooms are modern with good style. Ask anyone in the hotel for any help & they will, staff was great! There are 3 W hotels in Atlanta, they are all similar except this ones tends to be more of a good time. Park & night clubs all nearby, walking distance -great place to stay during concerts at piedmont park.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear "Tattooed Passport,"

Thank you for your review -- we're so glad you had a fun experience with us. Hope to see you again this spring and summer for all the great festivals and concerts in Piedmont Park!

New York Metro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

With their people, their service and their ability to deliver above and beyond even my expectations, the W Atlanta Midtown has made my business travel a pleasure!

From Stephanie at the Whatever/Whenever Desk to Larry at Spice Market (who remembers my space, my wine and me!), Alyce at the Bliss Spa and Dustin (and the best room service ever), all led by talented managers like James Green, there is no other place I'd stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear "Lauren d,"

Thank you so much for your review -- I'll share your kind words with our entire team; they'll appreciate it. We're thrilled you had a fantastic stay and got to experience Spice Market and Bliss Spa.

We hope to see you again soon.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The W Atlanta Midtown is a great location with great staff and is conveniently located near restaurants and Piedmont Park. While guests can become a bit too loud during the weekend nights, the rest of the week was peaceful and comfortable. Here is what we thought:

Noise: Okay, let's get it out of the way. Yes, this is a party hotel. We checked in on Saturday, so we experienced being woken up by loud, drunk guests in the hallway at 3am that first evening. Thankfully, it only happened that one night. The rest of our stay was blissfully quiet. Sunday through Thursday seem to be the best nights to stay here.

Bed: The beds were very comfortable, and we slept very well with the exception of being disturbed the first evening by loud, drunk guests.

Room: I know folks complain about the furniture in the rooms, but I don't know what they mean. Our room's furniture was just fine. And, I love the vanity table right by the bathroom.

Location: Loved that the hotel had multiple restaurants within walking distance (try South City Kitchen on Crescent), and is only a couple blocks from Piedmont Park. The hotel is also a short drive to downtown, Buckhead and Atlantic Station shopping.

Staff: Everyone from the front desk staff, to the valets, concierge, housekeepers and bartenders were ready, willing and able when it came to fulfilling our requests. They were all so friendly. Must be due to that southern hospitality.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear "888Main,"

Thank you so much for your thougtful review -- we appreciate it and value you as a guest. We do apologize that you were disturbed by loud guests one night, but glad that the rest of your stay was peaceful.

We're thrilled you had a chance to explore our great neighborhood, too -- Midtown is home to the city's best restaurants (including South City Kitchen!); we'd be happy to give you a few more recommendations the next time you're here, just stop by the concierge desk.

Hope to see you again soon.

South Florida, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I travel quite a bit for work, so was looking forward to experiencing the high regarded service and detail I associate with W hotels. Unfortunately, the W Midtown Atlanta fell short of the expectation I uphold for this exquisite hotel chain. The bathroom in particular had elegant updated features, but contained a shower that poured out onto the bathroom floor and a sink that sprayed my entire blouse while in use.
I stayed at the hotel on a Friday night, so was expecting the see-and-be-seen crowd that gravitates to W hotels during the weekend. However, I was not expecting to be up until 4am due to the club bass thumping and rowdy guests in the room next to me. I stayed on the 10th floor, so was shocked that I could hear the near ground level club from so far up. Additionally, I am happy to report that security was prompt in adhering to my request to quiet the room next to me, but unfortunately the room picked the party back up minutes after security scolded them.
Fortunately I was only a guest for 1 night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear "kris_tcu,"

Thank you for your review -- I sincerely apologize that we disappointed you and didn't meet your expectations. We value our business travelers and want to insure that you have a restful, pleasant stay -- the next time you're traveling in Atlanta, please email me so we can make sure your stay is flawless: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My experience was awsome ,I travel alot ,70% of my job is spent traveling.Valet parking was top notch,they seated me in my car didnt stand there waiting for a tip,opened my trunk for me..and the hotel was very up to date and modern,it offered a upscale club upstairs,overall a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed on the FiF floor called the "wet" this floor has a pool and a lounge deck perfec...