“Midtown and Trendy.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Midtown and Trendy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Located in Midtown Atlanta, this is a trendy and friendly hotel. Restraunts, nightclub, bar, everything at your fingertips so you don't even have to leave the hotel. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and decorated with a great view.

• Stayed February 2013
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear "DianaLovesTravel,"

Thank you for your review -- we're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and got to experience Spice Market and our Gerber bars (Living Room and Whiskey Park).

We hope to see you again soon.

W Atlanta - Midtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great renovated property, rooms all average good, nothing bad at this hotel. Best thing is the outdoor lounge & bar/club. Yea its a fun hotel to stay in during the weekend, this isnt a family hotel -but if you like having fun stay here. This hotel has a solid location & rooms are modern with good style. Ask anyone in the hotel for any help & they will, staff was great! There are 3 W hotels in Atlanta, they are all similar except this ones tends to be more of a good time. Park & night clubs all nearby, walking distance -great place to stay during concerts at piedmont park.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear "Tattooed Passport,"

Thank you for your review -- we're so glad you had a fun experience with us. Hope to see you again this spring and summer for all the great festivals and concerts in Piedmont Park!

New York Metro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

With their people, their service and their ability to deliver above and beyond even my expectations, the W Atlanta Midtown has made my business travel a pleasure!

From Stephanie at the Whatever/Whenever Desk to Larry at Spice Market (who remembers my space, my wine and me!), Alyce at the Bliss Spa and Dustin (and the best room service ever), all led by talented managers like James Green, there is no other place I'd stay!

Dear "Lauren d,"

Thank you so much for your review -- I'll share your kind words with our entire team; they'll appreciate it. We're thrilled you had a fantastic stay and got to experience Spice Market and Bliss Spa.

We hope to see you again soon.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The W Atlanta Midtown is a great location with great staff and is conveniently located near restaurants and Piedmont Park. While guests can become a bit too loud during the weekend nights, the rest of the week was peaceful and comfortable. Here is what we thought:

Noise: Okay, let's get it out of the way. Yes, this is a party hotel. We checked in on Saturday, so we experienced being woken up by loud, drunk guests in the hallway at 3am that first evening. Thankfully, it only happened that one night. The rest of our stay was blissfully quiet. Sunday through Thursday seem to be the best nights to stay here.

Bed: The beds were very comfortable, and we slept very well with the exception of being disturbed the first evening by loud, drunk guests.

Room: I know folks complain about the furniture in the rooms, but I don't know what they mean. Our room's furniture was just fine. And, I love the vanity table right by the bathroom.

Location: Loved that the hotel had multiple restaurants within walking distance (try South City Kitchen on Crescent), and is only a couple blocks from Piedmont Park. The hotel is also a short drive to downtown, Buckhead and Atlantic Station shopping.

Staff: Everyone from the front desk staff, to the valets, concierge, housekeepers and bartenders were ready, willing and able when it came to fulfilling our requests. They were all so friendly. Must be due to that southern hospitality.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear "888Main,"

Thank you so much for your thougtful review -- we appreciate it and value you as a guest. We do apologize that you were disturbed by loud guests one night, but glad that the rest of your stay was peaceful.

We're thrilled you had a chance to explore our great neighborhood, too -- Midtown is home to the city's best restaurants (including South City Kitchen!); we'd be happy to give you a few more recommendations the next time you're here, just stop by the concierge desk.

Hope to see you again soon.

South Florida, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I travel quite a bit for work, so was looking forward to experiencing the high regarded service and detail I associate with W hotels. Unfortunately, the W Midtown Atlanta fell short of the expectation I uphold for this exquisite hotel chain. The bathroom in particular had elegant updated features, but contained a shower that poured out onto the bathroom floor and a sink that sprayed my entire blouse while in use.
I stayed at the hotel on a Friday night, so was expecting the see-and-be-seen crowd that gravitates to W hotels during the weekend. However, I was not expecting to be up until 4am due to the club bass thumping and rowdy guests in the room next to me. I stayed on the 10th floor, so was shocked that I could hear the near ground level club from so far up. Additionally, I am happy to report that security was prompt in adhering to my request to quiet the room next to me, but unfortunately the room picked the party back up minutes after security scolded them.
Fortunately I was only a guest for 1 night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear "kris_tcu,"

Thank you for your review -- I sincerely apologize that we disappointed you and didn't meet your expectations. We value our business travelers and want to insure that you have a restful, pleasant stay -- the next time you're traveling in Atlanta, please email me so we can make sure your stay is flawless: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My experience was awsome ,I travel alot ,70% of my job is spent traveling.Valet parking was top notch,they seated me in my car didnt stand there waiting for a tip,opened my trunk for me..and the hotel was very up to date and modern,it offered a upscale club upstairs,overall a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed on the FiF floor called the "wet" this floor has a pool and a lounge deck perfec...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Mark m,"

Thank you so much for your review and compliments. We're honored to be the best hotel you've ever stayed in! And we will pass along your kind words to the entire team.

We hope you'll come stay with us again soon.

Safe travels,

West Midlands, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is my second review of the W Hotel Atlanta Midtown and I still feel that this is a great, unique hotel, as are all W Hotels. However, I do feel that the magic stops as you enter the elevator and proceed to your room.

The room I stayed in was tired looking, such as the mood lighting on the desk highlighting the many marks, scratches and water rings all over the furniture. Your eyes are constantly being drawn to imperfections that you really don't want to see!

Many reviewers commented on the dim lighting in the rooms. I do feel that the lighting although dark, creates a good mood, especially in the evening. There is a dimmer switch for the lights in the dressing area and one in the bathroom, but the bathroom lights come on full strength after raising the dimmer switch rendering it useless which I found odd.

As I mentioned in my previous review if you like a strong powerful shower then this hotel is not for you. The rooms feature rain showers which drizzle rather than power wash your body which for me personally makes me feel a little unrefreshed, especially after a long day!

The staff at this hotel are absolutely great and each and every one of them deserve to be recognised for their hard work and genuinely excellent service. The lobby bar is fantastic and the food on room service is AMAZING. My colleagues all ordered something different and they all said it was delicious.

Noise was a problem I must admit, with cleaners shouting and vacuuming along the halls throughout the day, there was no chance of getting a peaceful sleep during the daytime if you are in another time zone from traveling. During the evening there were groups of people shouting and a few room parties going on but the security staff were quick to address this, shutting down the parties in minutes!

I would definitely still recommend this hotel, as would I recommend a little TLC to bring the rooms up to the high standards of design and comfort of other W Hotels around the world.

Dear "ThatMrRobinson,"

Thank you for your (second) review and return stay with us -- we're glad to have you back! We so appreciate your thoughtful comments and criticisms and will use them to improve. I'm glad you enjoyed many things about your stay, and apologize for the things that were less than perfect (including your dimmer switch issue -- we're going to research that as I believe that was a problem unique to your room).

Thank you again -- and we hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels,

W Atlanta - Midtown

Been to W Atlanta Midtown? Share your experiences!