“Not flawless but very good” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #97 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Los Angeles
“Not flawless but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

High end service, good attitude from staff, helpful and professional.

Room was very dark and had inadequate lighting. Very nicely designed with great facilities. They have managed to spoil the good looks of the rooms by trying to use almost every surface to sell you something - really, if I am paying these prices, you don't have to push me like its Disneyland.

Lovely fixtures and fittings, bathroom a tiny bit less clean than I would have liked (stray hairs) but otherwise excellent. The bed was just lovely - very comfortable.

Nothing is inexpensive here but its exactly what I expected it to be - quality place.

Room Tip: The higher the better. But don't expect anything other than city views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear "Traveler2504,"

Thank you so much for your review and the compliments of our service and team. I'm thrilled you had an overall great experience, but apologize for the ways in which we disappointed you. I do hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in Atlanta.

Thank you again, and take care.

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I met my girlfriend for a girls weekend, & on her recomendation we staid at the W. (I had never staid in one). Well, from the first moment of my late arrival, they took gracious care of this weary traveler. The next day the concierge helped me arrange a surprise for my friend - a car to pick her up at the airport, take us to her son's ballgame, drop off her luggage, then come back & pick us up. Very reasonable $, and greatly appreciated as I had no clue how to get around. The restaurant & bar staff all treated us liked royalty even tho they had several weddings & proms going on at the same time. All in all, I will now look for W hotels first & hope they have the same standards as the Atlanta Midtown!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear "BLKOviedo,"

Thank you so much for your review and kind words -- we're thrilled you enjoyed your girls' weekend and your "Whatever/Whenever" experience here at W Atlanta - Midtown.

We also appreciate your loyalty to the W brand and hope to see you here again soon.

Take care,

Cleveland, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The W midtown was definitely a disappointment from other W hotels I have been to in the past. The bed was awful, mattress was nothing like I'm used to from other SPG hotels, maybe it's really old and worn out but it needed replaced. The place was also in poor repair. Tiles in the shower floor were falling out, my bathroom door was all scratched and fell off the rails, peeling wallpaper, missing, pieces from decor, torn carpet, stains, the night stands were water damaged...just cheap hotel looking or like the place has allowed too many hard parties to go on in their rooms. I ordered room service and got a call back 30 minutes later that they didn't have 1 thing from the order and they offered substitutions....90 minutes later it hadn't arrived. Just as I was going to call, they called me and said they had forgotten it and they'd be up in 5 minutes. They finally brought it over 2 hours after I ordered. The food was good, I will say that is still pretty consistent with other SPG hotels. The staff was hit or miss, some were very polite and helpful and others rude and abrupt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear "lynzbee,"

Thank you for your review -- I sincerely apologize for the negative experiences you encountered; we pride ourselves on exceeding every guest's expectations and I regret that we failed with you. When you have a moment, would you please email me so we can discuss your stay and make it right: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

Thank you again for your review; I hope to speak with you soon.

Southfield, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel is great. The staff is great. The most uncomfortable bedding i have ever had. They need to upgrade their bedding desperately. I was told by the housekeeping staff that the W hotels have the minimum standard in all of their bedding. The mattress pads are so uncomfortable they should be removed and burned.

Room Tip: Don't stay here until they upgrade their bedding.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear "777rose,"

Thank you for your review -- we appreciate your compliments of our team and hotel, but are deeply sorry for your experience with bedding. The comments regarding our bedding are disappointing -- so many guests love our beds (so much so that W sells the full bed in our online store -- mattress, sheets, pillows and all). If you have a moment, I would love to discuss your stay with you and make it right -- when you have a moment, please email me at GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com.

I sincerely hope you'll try W again. And thank you again for your review.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Did you ever feel like you were the uncool kid and somehow you got invited to the super-cool kid party? That's how I feel at W's. I try to hang with the hip crowd but deep down I just want your basic, stuffy "business" hotel! I don't want to have to worry if my outfit is hip enough for the meeting I had to attend. I'm joking here but you get the idea!!
The food at the meeting excellent and very creatively themed. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear "hotelpro18411,"

Thank you for your review and the chuckle -- regardless of your outfit (which I'm sure was plenty hip), it's undeniable that you have a great sense of humor. Thank you again for staying with us and the kind compliments of our food and service.

We hope you'll stay with us again soon.

Take care,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I have a mixed feeling after my stay here.

Things that went wrong:

- arrived after a 30 hour fligt and was welcomed and helped by 2 arrogant and unhelpful front desk employees
- i waited 3 hours for my room as frontsesk employees couldn't care less. Even after i explained that i just had a 30 hour flight.
- had to pay 35 usd to make use of sauna (even as a platinum member)
- my laundry next day was not delivered ontime and was promised every 30 minutes to arrive within the next 30 minutes a d that lasted 4 hours - which resulted in me missing my meeting because i couldnt leave without my laundry.

What was done about it:

- tamara the manager on duty solved every problem within minutes, my lunch was compensated, didnt pay for laundry and hotel paid for taxi that brought me to next hotel. I also got compensated with extra spg points.

Why i leave with mixed feelings is because i felt like i was not taken care of and constantly was promised something which didn't happen. The sunny side was that Tamara knew how to solve it and changed my mood from being grumpy to being happy again, that's a skill that not many people have and this hotel should be happy to have her. In contrary to that the 2 ladies who were on duty when i arrived did not give me te same level of experience which i experence at any other spg hotel around the world.

I do recommend this hotel for if you want to celebrate something as it is quite funky and the brand experience is good. As a business traveller you might want to consider a different hotel.

Also my compliments to the front desk girl who came from South Africa, she was very kind and helpfull

• Stayed November 2012
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear "bergo,"

Thank you so much for your review -- I will pass along your kind words to Tamara. While I'm thrilled to hear that our team resolved any issues you experienced, I'm sorry that you encountered these problems during your stay.

I hope you'll give us another try the next time you're in Atlanta -- when you do, please let me know and we will make sure your stay is flawless: GMWAtlanta.Midtown@whotels.com

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here because we were moving to Atlanta and needed a place to spend the night before our furniture got to our place. Me and my husband couldn't have been happier with our stay at the W. Our room was very well decorated, modern, comfortable and accommodated our every need. The bar lounge was very chic with good drinks and a nice outdoor patio with heat lamps. We did not have time to take advantage of the restaurant. The hotel is connected to an office building. You don't even have to go outside. It has 2 coffee shops, casual lunch restaurants, a sports bar, a nail salon ( does nails, eyebrows, bikini waxes for much less than hotel spa prices) and a post office...,very convenient for business travelers. The W in Midtown also has the Bliss spa and salon based out of NYC. I did not get time to check it out but will definitely try on my next stay. The toiletries in the room are bliss brand awesome!!! The gift shop is great for a last-minute items...women's clothes, men's button down shirts and they even sell Spanx!!!

• Stayed October 2012
W-ATL-Midtown, Manager at W Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear "Monk2975,"

Thank you for your review -- and Welcome to Atlanta! Since you're a new neighbor, we hope you'll come back soon and try Spice Market and Bliss. Also, stop by our concierge desk and ask for our list of dining recommendations -- there are great options in Colony Square (the adjacent office building that you referenced) and many, many more within walking distance of our hotel. We'll help you get all the insider knowledge you need as a new local.

Hope to see you again soon.

W Atlanta - Midtown

Been to W Atlanta Midtown? Share your experiences!