“Wonderful birthday surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #122 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Bronx, New York
“Wonderful birthday surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

It has taking me far to long to write this review but better late than never.....07/10 I planned an amazing surprise birthday for one of my best friends at this wonderful hotel. The W brand is my favorite and it fits our style and personalities perfectly; chic, hip, trendy and modern. Robert (concierge) helped me with everything from selecting a bakery for our cupcakes (Piece of cake bakery-excellent) to choosing a club to party at that evening. I enjoyed the service and accommodations so much that I've selected this hotel for my guest to stay for my wedding in a few months. Great job W midtown!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed a few nights at the W Midtown and it was very nice. Felt totally safe and there's lots of places you can walk to for food and shopping. The hotel itself was very stylish and comfortable. It had quite a few guests in their twenties and thirties. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Dark and Dismal. Tries too hard to be different and fails. Clueless staff, tatty decor and public areas that are so dark you need a torch when checking in or out. Rooms are also lacking adequate lighting. "whatever,whenever what is your wish? "(their guest services) Mine was only to get what I wanted when I requested it not 2 hours later after having to call again.Walls must have been paper thin as I could hear everything going on in the room next to me.
Good point - the gym was ok by hotel standards.
Most certainly wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Pet friendly? They didn't bother to tell us when we checked in that there would be a $100 charge for "cleaning" and a $25 per day charge for pets.
Instead they called us 3 hours later to tell us

• Stayed December 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Had an excellent stay at the W Midtown. This was my second W experience, the first being at W Perimeter. If I had the choice, I would choose the W Midtown. The property is large with a nice spa and a restaurant that I wish I had the opportunity to try. Unfortunately, the upstairs bar was closed during my stay, but the option in the lobby was nice.

One downside was it said the pool was open, but when we went outside, it was very dark and it looked closed.

Overall, I would definitely stay again and use more of the hotel amenities.

• Stayed August 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Good size room, clean and mostly quite, except for the loud music one night from the room next door. Good service overall with the exception of the concierge service. They really didn't seem to know the area and could not recommend any good restaurants except for the food court that's connected to the hotel. The Spice Market restaurant at this hotel does not have the same menu as the one in NYC.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I have had a reservation at the W Midtown for months. I bought it on Priceline and they have just advised me they will not honor the reservation and will only accomodate me miles away at a perimeter Atlanta hotel. Obviously they do not like the great deal I got and now want to refund my room since I don't want the horrible location. I'm there on business and need to be in Midtown / Downtown. They won't put me at the downtown W. I'm going to be out over $800 for the 5 nights I was booked by going to another hotel near downtown/midtown. This hotel and Priceline have been absolutely ridiculous about keeping me as a customer. I am a Starwood member and have the Priceline credit card. Be ware of either of these scheisters.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to W Atlanta Midtown? Share your experiences!