“Best experience ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Stuttgart, Germany
“Best experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

There is not much that I can say except that St. Regis in Atlanta is absolutely best experience I ever had. We had blast there and the stuff was more then perfect!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

The 4th of July weekend was our fourth time at this hotel. The prior time we had great experiences. This time we booked a published package that included an "upscale" 4th of July barbecue and free valet parking. At check in no one knew about this package. We were told that the barbecue was from noon until 4PM on the 4th. We then learned it was from 1 until 5PM. It was published to be in one location but then learned it was at poolside. At poolside we were told that we had to pay $35/pp b/c the barbecue was not in the package. After words with the staff they said they would bill it to the room and we could then work it out on checkout. The barbecue was far from "upscale" but standard fare in which drinks and desserts were extra. We complained about the rudeness of the staff and were told that "they would tell the manager" and "they would credit back the charge". Thanks! It was in the package I paid for on check in. Upon check out there was a bar charge for more than $60.00 which, if I had not carefully reviewed the bill to be sure the valet parking and barbecue were not listed, would have been placed on my Amex card. I complained that it was not my charge and was asked if it could have been my wife's charge. Finally, they checked and found that it was incorrectly posted to our account. The hotel again advised that "they would take it off the account". Thanks - it was not mine to begin with. Upon check in they upgraded us to a higher floor. The room carpet was stained. The marble entry foyer floor had black scuffs from shoes or luggage and the bedroom mirror full of streaks. The last night the night maid used a large quantity of some nasty smelling room deodorizer causing us to have to leave our doors open to air it out. These room issues are the things I would not have made mention of at a lesser quality hotel, but this hotel purports to be a luxury hotel. Paces 88, the on site restaurant, had great food and service, as did room service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Just got married there on July 3rd! They were fantastic! Everything was managed to a tee!
The hotel and particularly the staff and event organizer are beyond comparison! Hands down the best place to have an event! The personal butler service is the real deal. We can't thank them enough!

• Stayed July 2010
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Dear Cheepuloti - Congratulations on your recent marriage! We couldn't be more honored that you chose to celebrate this milestone in your life with The St. Regis Atlanta. Thank you for your kind words and please know you are always welcome in our home!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

I took my girl friend to the St Regis, Atlanta on Saturday, June 19th. I figured a nice night out in Atlanta and why not try to impress by staying at the St. Regis. Well boy did I!!! From the moment we pulled up to the hotel it started. The hotel itself is awesome but the friendly staff just made it that much better. Like I would have imagined the entry was unbelievable and check in was a snap. We got to our room and she just loved it. We got there early enough to go use the pool. The wait staff at the pool made it that more enjoyable with some cold beverages. Once we had enough we got ready for the night and that started out in the St. Regis bar which is totally awesome. I want to big a smaller scale in my house!. Anyway you can see where I am going with this. This hotel is awesome and the staff is top notch! I will definitely go back again and again. My girl friend was total impressed and got ton of brownie points!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

We have stayed at Four Seasons, Ritz Carltons and others but we were extremely surprised that the St. Regis Atlanta surpassed all of them! Wow! We can not believe that we had not heard of this oasis in Atlanta before now! If I could rate Sleep Quality a 6 I would. Absolute comfort and absolute quiet in the room. Pool with water fall takes you away - never once did we hear a car horn, siren or other city "noise." We will be back - this year!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Dear adamtan40: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The St. Regis Atlanta! We consider our hotel a true in-town resort and we appreciate your comments on the serenity and peacefulness you enjoyed as our guest. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

The St. Regis hotels are among the best in the world for their rooms, public spaces and service. I have stayed in many of the 35 hotels around the world.

The Atlanta property, one of the newest, is among the best looking and most comfortable of all. The workmanship, materials, colors and design blend old world standards with a contemporary feel.

The property is extrememly well located offering the best of Buckhead for evenings combined with a short 15 minute drive down Peachtree to downtown in the morning.

I have found the service to be excellent, and unlike other reviewers, I have not, in my 12 stays suffered the difficulties that others have. While other properties offer more aggressive guest engagement, I believe that this property follows better the Southern model of unobtrusiveness, anticipation and discretion appropriate to its location. That being said, I am have been greeted warmly and by name with each visit.

I would also add that the St. Regis Bar is a very popular destination and the staff of bartenders are outstanding.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I just returned from a wonderful stay at the St. Regis Atlanta. My mom and I stayed at this hotel for a girls-only weekend getaway. We were greeted prior to arrival via email by the butler who offered his assistance. Upon arrival, the valet and door staff were friendly and helpful.

The room itself was beautifully appointed, with many little details that made it especially comfortable. The chaise lounge was a wonderful spot to read a book. Also, the bed had nice reading lights that came from behind the bed. In the bathroom, the deep soaking tub was lovely, and the TV inside the vanity mirror was a neat touch. Also, we had ice waiting for us in our room with our evening turndown service.

The computer display on the phone that controls the room lighting and climate was easy to use after a couple of minutes. When we arrived in our room, the bellman explained how the system worked. I enjoyed the fact that the air conditioner actually got the room nice and cool, unlike many hotel air conditioners.

My only complaint is that I feel the parking charge is a bit excessive, but that is to be expected I suppose.

We would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The St. Regis Atlanta? Share your experiences!