“Frustrated with Billing Proceedures” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Augusta, Georgia, United States
“Frustrated with Billing Proceedures”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is nice but I checked out of the hotel and received a bill. When I got my credit card charge it did not match my receipt from my expense report. I stayed the night of the 30th of August and after two phone calls to the accounting department and two emails I finally got the issue resolved by someone in billing on November 7th! I was told I was charged for the minibar which I did not use- they said it was perhaps from a previous guest. This is not acceptible - it was a small amount around $25 but it is a matter of principle

If I would have just ignored it I was have paid for something I did not receive. It is this specific event and the experience that has tainted my impression of the St. Regis. I stay at Ritz Carltons all the time and wanted to give the St. Regis a chance but it became a frustrating experience.

The encounter with the billing office was rude and sounded surprised that I kept track of the receipt and compared to my credit card statement. I had no receipt OR notification about this incorrect charge - the way I found out was a charge to my credit card for a greater amount than the receipt I got at the desk at checkout

The facility is beautiful and rooms were nice but this experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I recently had the opportunity to spend three nights at The St. Regis Atlanta while on a business trip, my first visit to a St. Regis property. The hotel is located in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood, nearby to boutique shopping and some great restaurants.

The attention to detail and service that St. Regis prides itself on is real. I was very impressed with the graciousness of each employee that we came in contact, and was equally impressed to hear them greeting some returning guests by name. We received the same level of service from the front desk to the bar to the butler staff. All top notch.

The room (I was in a double queen room) was very spacious and well appointed. Beautiful furniture, one of the largest and best bathrooms of any hotel I've stayed in, and just about every amenity you could or would expect in a hotel of this caliber. Turndown service was provided nightly and made the room feel that much more inviting upon return, and the morning coffee service in room was also great.

You don't get this level of service, however, without paying for it. The going rate for rooms is usually over $400/night (we were fortunate to have a corporate rate that lowered the nightly rate quite a bit), and the charges for the hotel bar, the room service, the in-room WiFi, etc. are all a bit higher than you might expect to pay at some lesser hotels. Is the St. Regis Atlanta worth that cost? I guess that depends on your budget and what you're looking for. If you're simply looking for the best experience without regard to cost, you're likely to find it here. I don't know that I would personally shell out the money for another stay, preferring to save for other local attractions and dining, but there's no question that when it comes to the service promises that one expects from a hotel at this price point and this caliber, The St. Regis Atlanta delivers.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Pinnacle Hotel in Georgia for any special occasion, Thanks for an Awesome weekend Dawn T. We had a great time. The staff did an excellent job and everything locks so authentic as well as classy
B.B.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Absolutely beautiful setting with elegant Christmas decorations. Santa and Mrs. Claus were perfectly charming and my grandaughter was so excited to meet them. They come to your table and pose for pictures.
We have lived in London for years, so we understand a good tea. This was not it. Crumbling scones, stale sandwiches, desserts made weeks before serving. Waiter slapped tea on the table and disappeared. His tip was included in the rather hefty price so there was no reason for service.

To leave on a good note I was glad my grandaughter got to meet Santa.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear lindagepfer,

While I am delighted your granddaughter was able to meet Santa during your visit for tea, I am disappointed to hear that your experience was anything less than exceptional. It is our priority to exceed our guests’ expectations and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the St. Regis brand is known. Please contact my assistant at karen.wilson@stregis.com so that we may discuss your experience further.

Warm regards,

Lugano, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

High quality and elegant hotel in buckhead, classic style. Rooms are spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. Convenient complimentary ride to shopping malls (Lenox square and Phipps Plaza), just one bump at checkout, when at 7 am (not that early) nobody showed up at the lobby for 15 min, until a security person helped us and said she would take care of check-out. Free wifi only after I asked 3 times.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear sarosio,

Thank you for your compliments of our address. We appreciate your kind words and are pleased to know you enjoyed the convenience of our complimentary Mercedes car service. I sincerely apologize for the incovnenience you encountered at checkout and hope to be afforded an opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Popped in for drinks with friends and enjoyed a wonderful evening in the Wine Room and St. Regis Bar. The atmosphere is classic, luxury and Southern. Behind the bar is an eye-catching mural of a Phoenix. Wood paneled walls, leather sofas and chairs - just a great place to catch a drink with friends. I hear there is an amazing patio so we'll return soon. The lobby is quite iconic so stop in for a gander while you grab a drink or stay for an evening if you can.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Suthrngirl23,

It is wonderful to read your recent review of The St. Regis Bar and Wine Room. We believe the St. Regis epitomizes the elegance and refinement unique to gracious Southern living and hospitality. Thank you for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had the pleasure of attending a wedding at the St. Regis recently and was blown away. Everything at this property is top notch. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. It is also in the perfect spot for shopping and there are numerous restaurant's within walking distance if you choose. I would suggest checking it out around Christmas time as it is decorated beautifully.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear 98falcons,

It truly is a joy to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. We appreciate you recognizing us as the best hotel in Atlanta and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Senih

Been to The St. Regis Atlanta? Share your experiences!