“Nice hotel with spacious room and outstanding service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel with spacious room and outstanding service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is very comfortable. My suite was large and beautifully decorated and I had breakfast in the room which was very good (albeit overpriced). I tried breakfast at the restaurant but I was not so impressed as it took longer than expected for me to be served. The swimming pool was very crowded in a Summer weekend so I had to wait around 20 min for a chair by the pool. The hotel bar can be quite busy at night. The service is outstanding and overall a place I would love to go back to.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Overall, the hotel is nice and is next to a good restaurant, CHOPS Steakhouse. What I was not overly thrilled about was the food at the hotel. I ate lunch there on Friday, breakfast on Saturday and Sunday had toast and some bacon which they messed up. Overall the food is just ok to be honest. As an example, the lunch I ate on Friday consisted of a $20 chicken sandwich and fries and believe me it was not worth the price. It was not tasty and was blah. The bar area itself was very nice and it has wood paneled wall which added some character. The cocktail menu at the bar was ok but I never felt it was as good as other similar type hotels. We had friends meet us there for drinks and they felt the same way and we actually left and went to another location. The bourbon selection was minimal and their 2 bourbon cocktails that I tasted were ok but not great and definitely not a 5 star hotel cocktail in my opinion. The staff were very cordial and polite and the rooms were clean which is a plus. The bed we had was not very comfortable and sloped. That was the same assessment my wife referenced too. Both our backs were sore and we are not heavy people. Truthfully I want to give this hotel 3-1/2 stars and not 4 but that was not an option and 3 is not enough so they get 4 stars. In the end, although this hotel had some positives I will go back and stay at similar hotels in this category that get 5 stars from me.

Room Tip: In the end this is a nice hotel but I think there are others in the same category that are nicer. I...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Irish964,

We are disappointed to hear that your stay was anything less than exceptional. It is our priority to exceed our guests’ expectations and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the St. Regis brand is known.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

There are a few things that come to mind when you think of St. Regis: opulence, luxury, world-class service and impeccable facilities. I am pleased to say this property has these things in spades.

I would be remiss if I didn't begin by talking about the building itself. From the moment you spot the building, you can tell that this place is luxurious. Once in the lobby it's almost hard to grasp all of the myriad elements of the decor that lend it such a supple, inviting atmosphere. The rooms (we were upgraded to a suite for our special occasion) are beautifully kept and furnished with beds and sofas and chairs that make you simply never want to leave. Even the view of the Atlanta skyline, to which I am no stranger) seemed somehow different as we peered from our mini-balcony at night.

The real highlight, to me, is the friendly-yet-subdued service we received from all the ladies and gentlemen working there. At no point in time did I feel like someone was putting on an act or trying to be my chum; everyone was courteous and quick. So many hotels now want their employees to deliver over-the-top service and get so caught up trying to create a "Wow!" moment that they often miss the basics. My name was used in every interaction (even when the steward brought us an ice bucket!) and everyone thanked me for being there.

Kudos to you, St. Regis. You've won over a Ritz-Carlton fanboy.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear hiddenhotelier,

It was wonderful to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. We are honored to know that you chose our address for your romantic getaway and appreciate your recognition of the impeccable service you received! It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Atlanta’s Best Address in the very near future.

Warm regards,
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

If only for the heavenly bed, by all means stay here. The price is similar to JWMarriott a mile away and the quality is far, far superior. Clean rooms, helpful, friendly staff. Turndown service, butler service. Ahhhhh.
The only complaint I have is the valet parking is very expensive.

Room Tip: Any room is good as the hotel is a mile from the shopping centers. Our south facing room had a great...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reese N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the St. Regis Atlanta. Our luxury accommodations along with award-winning staff set our address apart from other Atlanta properties and we are pleased you experienced this first hand. Thank you for choosing the St. Regis Atlanta and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Truly amazing hotel. Great food. Great service. Breakfast was amazing. I had athletic club omelette and steel cut oatmeal. My husband had the smoked salmon. Absolutely delicious. Dinner the night before on the patio was lovely. The citrus salad was very flavorful. The wine list can't be beat. Nothing beats lying out at the pool. Perfect water temp in October. Great service all around.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Crystal B,

We appreciate you sharing your experience and are pleased to know you enjoyed many of the amenities of our award winning property. Thank you for choosing the St. Regis Atlanta and we hope you and your husband will return for another rejuvenating stay again very soon!

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was lucky enough to stay in this hotel for two weeks while in Atlanta for trial. The room was amazing, the staff was wonderful, and the hotel was beautiful. If you can afford it, this is the place to stay in Buckhead.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tracy W,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the St. Regis Atlanta. It is a great honor to know that we are one of your favorite hotels as we strive to provide service that is beyond expectation. We appreciate you and hope to welcome you back to our address again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We planned to stay for a 24-hour staycation at this hotel in hopes of having a relaxing getaway. I'm a Platinum Starwood prefered guest, having traveled the world and stayed at many luxury hotels, including several other st. Regis properties. Unfortunately, at this particular property in Atlanta, our experience was horrific from the start. We reserved a suite, and arrived at 2:30 p.m., hoping to check in a few minutes early to enjoy the afternoon by the pool. Understandably, it wasnt quite ready and we were told it would be ready by 3:00. We went to the bar, had a few drinks, but at 430 we still have not received an update and the suite was still not ready. When I checked in with the front desk, they indicated it was finally ready, gave us the keys and we went upstairs only to find out that there was still chocolate cake on the floor and empty cups of ice and a cleaning crew still actively working to clean up what was likely a big party from the night before. Upon returning to the front desk, they were a bit surprised, but didn't really offer us any options. In hopes of just getting a room so we can relax in advance of our dinner reservation, I indicated I would even be open to takinga regular room. At 5:00 it was finally ready. Walked in the room and the first thing I noticed was multiple stains all over the carpet. Not five minutes later, after putting our bags down in the suite, the doorbell rang and it was Security indicating he needed to work on the safe. I let him know there did not appear to be anything wrong with the safe, and just asked him to come back later if it was absolutely necessary. Only five minutes later the doorbell rang again and it was hotel maintenance, indicating he needed to work on the shower head. To no surprise, there was nothing wrong with the shower head and he, too,embarrassingly left. At this point it was about dinner time, & I called downstairs to the bell desk to request that their car take us to dinner. I was told it was a first come first serve basis and we would just have to come downstairs and see if it was available, not exactly what I would expect from a 5-star hotel. Once we got downstairs, it took several minutes to get one of the valet or Bellhop's attention and they indicated they would have to call the driver to see where he was. After we waited anothe 5 minutes, they indicated he would not be back for 10 or 15 minutes. I called and got my own car, again, not something I would expect having to do at a five star hotel. This morning, yes, I'm writing this from the hotel, my wife had an appointment at The Spa at 10 a.m.. Like most spas, they encouraged her arrive early to enjoy the overall experience. She went down there at about 9:30 only to find out the spa didn't open until 10, and stood with nothing to do in a hallway with about 5 other people waiting for their services to begin as well. She called the front desk where there appeared to be extreme confusion as to when the spa even opened, as they led her to believe someone should be there already. She texted me at 5 minutes past 10 indicating her appointment had still not begun. Needless to say, she is not ecstatic about paying for this 60 minute massage. I just went downstairs to try and communicate some of my concerns to the general manager, but he or she is not on property today, and for that matter, there is no manager apparently on property in till 230. As you can imagine, I'm hoping I will be checked out well before 2:30 this afternoon and have no real intention of ever returning to this property and certainly not recommending it anyone that may visit us in Atlanta. The concierge assured me that someone will be calling me, & I will update this review if I hear back from anyone. If you are looking for a nice property in Atlanta, I recommend the Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental. I have stayed at both and the service out paces the st. Regis significantly.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Atlanta? Share your experiences!