“Our favorite getaway in Atlanta....enjoy breakfast by the pool” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
“Our favorite getaway in Atlanta....enjoy breakfast by the pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

As Starwood Preferred Guests and residents of metro Atlanta, we are acutely familiar with the Starwood offerings in the area, and the St. Regis is by far our favorite. We love the pool area, and the staff is ever-present without being overwhelming. We always manage to make our dinner reservations outside of the Bentley's range, but it's a beautiful car that they'll use to take you anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel. We really enjoy breakfast by the pool, and though the menu is limited, they'll make whatever you ask for.

• Stayed June 2013
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear shley17,
We appreciate your compliments of our address. Our staff strives to provide memorable service that is unobtrusive and I am pleased to hear that you have experience that service during your visit. We appreciate our loyal SPG guests and hope to welcome you again soon.

536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

So, I guess if I were the Manager of a hotel, I would be thrilled that it is doing so well, that there are people busting at the seams there! With that said, as a patron, I really could have used a little less people in my space. Let me start with the good things about the hotel. The service is impeccable! Every single person that we encountered was very friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure that we had a wonderful stay. The room was absolutely gorgeous and very clean! My husband is a clean freak, so I'm always holding my breath when we walk into a hotel room, but thankfully, I was able to let out a huge sigh of relief. So pristine!

So, here's the downside. We arrived around 3:00 and went straight to the pool to relax in the sun and have a few cocktails before getting ready for dinner. There were NO chairs. I'm not even talking about lounge chairs, of course they were all taken (by towels, if not people,) but there were no regular chairs to sit in, either. Apparently, you have to put your name in for a chair, and when we did that, there were still several people in front of us. When we finally did get a chair, about an hour later, it was in the shade. :( There was nowhere to sit along the side of the pool because all of the people that had towels in their lounge chairs were sitting there. It was so frustrating! So, after a couple of hours of not enjoying ourselves, we just decided to get ready for dinner. We went next door to Chop and it was delicious! Great recommendation by the front desk. After we went out in the city a bit, we decided to just go back to the hotel and relax with a drink in the hotel bar. It.was.packed! Packed by locals, not guests. It took us 15 minutes to even get up to the bar to get a drink. Then, we couldn't find anywhere to sit to enjoy it. So, we just called it a night and went to sleep in our extremely comfortable bed. But, what a bummer! Perhaps I just had this image of grandeur in my mind of how our anniversary night would be in this 5 star hotel, and it wasn't reality. I was so disappointed and to be honest, I wish that we hadn't spent the money to stay there. We could have stayed at a lower scale hotel, and actually been able to enjoy the pool and bar because EVERYONE else didn't want to be there.

We probably won't be returning. But, I will say that if you don't plan on utilizing the common areas, you won't be disappointed!

Dear YeahMon_11,
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am glad that you were pleased with your accommodations and enjoyed our concierge’s recommendation. I extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at our Pool Piazza and St. Regis Bar. These are our most popular areas and we are currently working to improve the service and atmosphere for our guests. Please allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality again soon.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have written many reviews on tripadvisor although I have not done one in a while but felt compelled to write one today. I stayed at the St. Regis Atlanta this past weekend for a staycation for my 40th bday. For a point of reference I travel quite a bit for work and personal trips.
Approx. 120 nights a year. Most frequented chains in order are Ritz, JW, Mandarin, Starwood Lux Collection, and St. Regis.

Here is what I can share with the Tripadvisor community about the St. Regis. This is my first time doing a staycation at the Atlanta St. Regis. I frequently do staycations at other Atlanta hotels.

Pros: The hotel is what you would expect. Fantastic property! Rooms are great as is the entire property. There is nothing negative to say about the property itself.

Cons: I have stayed at many St. Regis properties. I personally believe that the St. Regis brand in general is a superior brand and the main reason is service! I was increadibly disapointed in the service at the St. Regis Atlanta. It simply was not on par with the brand as a whole. Not from all departments. In fact certain aspects of the hotel are "St. Regis" quality no question. Others are shockingly no where remotely close to the stratosphere of what I am use to from a St Regis property. This is the first time I have stayed at a St. Regis where everything wasn't "St. Regis" quality. Very disapointing! Certain aspects were holiday inn. Pains me to say it as I am a huge fan of the brand and generally feel like they do it better than the rest. Hope others have a better experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear JHLAtlanta,
We appreciate the feedback you have provided. We have reached out to you directly via private message. We would like to discuss the details of your stay and hope that you will reach out to our hotel manager directly by phone or email. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The St. Regis Atlanta and we hope to speak with you soon.
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

From our initial arrival to final departure our experience at the St. Regis Buckhead was truly exceptional. Our 6 year old granddaughter was with us for a four night stay and the hotel staff made her feel right at home. Our suite was extremely nice and comfortable, the restaurant was outstanding and the front desk staff extremely professional (without coming across as "stuffy"....overall the entire experience was A+++++.

alg13

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Al G,
Thank you for posting your review. Our staff strives to make each stay memorable with service beyond expectation. It will be our pleasure to welcome your family again soon.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

From the bellmen & valets to the front desk - everyone was so thoughtful and detail-oriented. This place is top-notch and pure luxury! This was our first night away together after having a baby in January. Everyone at the hotel made sure to ask about the baby and how we did on our first time away. The bar is beautiful and the food is delicious too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear lilmisskoko,
Congratulations on the recent addition to your family. We extend our appreciation for your compliments of our address and service. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again very soon.
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The St. Regis Buckhead was a terrific choice from start to finish. I’d say this hotel is about one star lower than a Ritz Carlton, but overall we enjoyed ourselves.

The Pros:
• Immaculate rooms
• Smooth Check in and Check out
• Friendly service
• Great pool area (when it isn’t too crowded)
• Nice gym
• Comfortable bed
• Beautiful bathroom, one of the best tubs I’ve ever bathed in
• Updated electronics/TVs
• Great bang for your buck when you compare other luxury hotels in major cities
• Fast Room service and pretty darn good!

The Cons:
• Delivered a coffee pot that didn’t function
• The concierge wasn’t extremely knowledgeable about which restaurants were open for lunch
• There weren’t enough pool chairs for the guests, we waited 15 minutes for 2 chairs to open up at the pool and basically had to pounce on them like cheetahs. With that said, the pool staff attempted to help us find chairs if any became available, shout out to Jonathan who was very friendly and also delivered us some strawberry daiquiri samples while we waited for chairs.

Dear LessWork M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit. Bringing these details to our attention allows us to continue to refine our service. I hope you will return to our address again soon.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I choose your facility every time we visit our son and his wife in Atlanta. Everything is consistently pleasant. The facility is beautiful, the service is impeccable and every employee we have ever encountered is cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear mbb4502,
We appreciate your compliments and loyalty. Allow us to welcome you again very soon.

Been to The St. Regis Atlanta? Share your experiences!