So, I guess if I were the Manager of a hotel, I would be thrilled that it is doing so well, that there are people busting at the seams there! With that said, as a patron, I really could have used a little less people in my space. Let me start with the good things about the hotel. The service is impeccable! Every single person that we encountered was very friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure that we had a wonderful stay. The room was absolutely gorgeous and very clean! My husband is a clean freak, so I'm always holding my breath when we walk into a hotel room, but thankfully, I was able to let out a huge sigh of relief. So pristine!
So, here's the downside. We arrived around 3:00 and went straight to the pool to relax in the sun and have a few cocktails before getting ready for dinner. There were NO chairs. I'm not even talking about lounge chairs, of course they were all taken (by towels, if not people,) but there were no regular chairs to sit in, either. Apparently, you have to put your name in for a chair, and when we did that, there were still several people in front of us. When we finally did get a chair, about an hour later, it was in the shade. :( There was nowhere to sit along the side of the pool because all of the people that had towels in their lounge chairs were sitting there. It was so frustrating! So, after a couple of hours of not enjoying ourselves, we just decided to get ready for dinner. We went next door to Chop and it was delicious! Great recommendation by the front desk. After we went out in the city a bit, we decided to just go back to the hotel and relax with a drink in the hotel bar. It.was.packed! Packed by locals, not guests. It took us 15 minutes to even get up to the bar to get a drink. Then, we couldn't find anywhere to sit to enjoy it. So, we just called it a night and went to sleep in our extremely comfortable bed. But, what a bummer! Perhaps I just had this image of grandeur in my mind of how our anniversary night would be in this 5 star hotel, and it wasn't reality. I was so disappointed and to be honest, I wish that we hadn't spent the money to stay there. We could have stayed at a lower scale hotel, and actually been able to enjoy the pool and bar because EVERYONE else didn't want to be there.
We probably won't be returning. But, I will say that if you don't plan on utilizing the common areas, you won't be disappointed!
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Atlanta Hotel
- The St. Regis Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- The St Regis Atlanta
- St Regis Hotel Atlanta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exquisite enclave of Buckhead, The St. Regis Atlanta stands out as an impeccably groomed AAA Five Diamond boutique hotel resort with unsurpassed pampering in a grand location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Starwood, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Fareportal and Agoda so you can book your The St. Regis Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.