“Gracious southern luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
New York City, New York
“Gracious southern luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Any guest at a St Regis Hotel expects a level of luxury and service, but the Atlanta St. Regis in the affluent Buckhead neighborhood surpasses every expectation. The decor is refined and luxurious, with great sweeping stairways to second floor dining, extraordinary chandeliers, and hardwood floors with gorgeous rugs that lent a residential air to the place...even the room corridors.

Although we arrived late, the bar, decorated in rich woods and leather and staffed by gentlemen in crisp and handsome uniforms, was open for late night lighter fare that was beautifully presented and wonderfully fresh, despite the hour.

The deluxe double guest room offered all the traditional comforts plus an indulgent bathroom with a great soaking tub, a walk-in shower and a separate water closet with a frosted glass door that allowed privacy without claustrophobia.

Breakfast on what is essentially a mezzanine level was delicious. My guests had hearty breakfasts and I enjoyed a Greek yogurt "parfait" with crisp granola and fresh berries. Service was attentive yet never cloying.

My only wish as I checked out was that I might have an occasion to return soon!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a tub if you enjoy a deep soak!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Rosemary-NY,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the St. Regis Atlanta. I sincerely appreciate your recognition of our well appointed guest rooms and captivating dining in Astor Court. I hope you will choose to visit the St. Regis Atlanta again soon.

500 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was an overnight business trip but my room was a wonderful vacation getaway. I enjoyed everything this hotel had to offer. The Southern Hospitality is amazing. The turndown service with mood lighting and soft music when I returned to my room lifted my spirits along with the wonderful spa feel of the marble bathroom. I felt my stress melt away in one of the most comfortable beds for a hotel. The whole brief experience left me wanting more. The bar takes me back in time with the rich woods and comfortable couches.

Room Tip: I loved being on the tenth floor (top floor). It was so quite and the decor is just beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Sheila L,
It is a pleasure to read your kind review of our metropolitan manor. Our staff is committed to providing bespoke service to our guests and we are pleased to hear you experienced this first hand. We hope you will return soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I manage to make it down here once or twice a year now and am working to make that even more frequently. The St. Regis Buckhead is the kind of hotel that stays with you. I find myself sitting at my desk in Asheville staring out the window and thinking about the exceptional service, the attentive service and the next time I can escape my business for a getaway. I keep a hotel key on my desk.

The only problem I've had there came with my last visit with some event with Buick occurring at the hotel the same night--this led to a little bit of chaos in the valet line-up; a short wait for check-in and no help in the morning with luggage.

It would be nice if such events didn't takeover the lobby as it provided quite a distraction from the normal wonderful welcome they extend to you--and my guest was a little put-off--

But what the event in the lobby provided as a distraction--the service, the room, the bar, the hotel made it still a top choice.

Can't wait to go back--may check in first though to make sure there isn't something like that going on again..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Travelingperformer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our staff strives to provide memorable hospitality to all guests and it is wonderful to hear your comments. We extend our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. We hope you will continue to choose our address for you next visit to Atlanta.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis for our Wedding Night and it was so elegant. The suite we had was absolutely beautiful and the service was exceptional. The people there are so friendly and helpful. We left the next morning for our honeymoon to the airport and they were so helpful with making sure we got to the airport on time. We definetly want to stay here again :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Natalie W,
Congratulations on your recent marriage! We are honored that you chose to celebrate this milestone in your life at The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff at The St. Regis Atlanta truly takes pride in providing service that is beyond expectation. We are pleased you were able to experience this first hand. Thank you for your compliments!
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

As I pulled up, I was blown away. Great, classy place, with plenty of gravitas. About 10 minutes after checking in, I needed my car. I called down and was told 10 minutes. I went down after 10 minutes and waited a further 15. After seeing a 'walk-up' get her car much quicker, I inquired to my car's status...and was told it was stuck in a line....yet the valet that was running toward the other side ultimately pulled up in 5 minutes with my car. I'm not a fan of lame excuses.

Ditto room service. While it was incredibly tasty, I can't help but feel that my club sandwich would have been significantly better with bread or the avocado. I didn't eat the bread or avocado because it had some unappealing aioli/mayo which I asked specifically not to have on it. Breakfast in room was also good, but generally, I don't prefer full ice cubes in my smoothies.

Also, they asked on check in if I wanted the paper, and then offered me a choice of the AJC or the Times or both - which was really great! It would have been even better had I actually RECEIVED a paper on Sunday morning.

Room cleanliness is generally wonderful, but having to look behind the nightstand for a power outlet gave me a glimpse of a ton of dust bunnies. Not cool.

So, the negatives end there. The positives? The shower had great temp and water pressure, the LodgeNet on the TV was controllable by my iPhone, and the bed was VERY comfortable. The staff was also incredibly friendly!

I think it's a nice hotel, but honestly, some of the other Starwood properties in ATL take care of the details a little bit better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear MNComputerGeek,
I truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Bringing these details to our attention allows us to improve our service and I have shared your comments with our department leadership. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the St. Regis brand is known.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis with a friend for a spa weekend in October. The room was beautifully appointed, clean and had an impossibly luxurious bed. My friend and I booked a half day at the spa that included massages, manicures, pedicures and body wraps. We took advantage of the sauna while we were there as well, and felt like we were walking on cloud nine when we were done. The hotel is also steps away from Chops and Lobster Bar, so we indulged for dinner at both that weekend. We sat poolside during the day. Although the weather was a bit chilly, we were able to warm ourselves by the giant fireplace next to the pool. I can't wait to return for another spa weekend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DearBizTravelerfromATL,
It is a pleasure to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. We are pleased that your experience exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed an afternoon on our Pool Piazza. I am delighted to hear of your plans to return to our address and we look forward to welcoming you.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

When you open the door to your room, the lights fade on and music starts playing. In that moment, all the stress of traveling melted away. It's one of the many touches that make you feel less like a guest in a hotel, and more like a guest in someone's home. And with a Whole Foods across the street, it's like I never left Austin. I only wish the workout facilities were a little more beefed up.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear apollo1213,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the St. Regis Atlanta. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and the service you were provided. I hope you will choose The St. Regis Atlanta on your next visit to Atlanta.

Been to The St. Regis Atlanta? Share your experiences!