“Great hotel, but too many hands on deck!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #7 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Minneapolis, MN
“Great hotel, but too many hands on deck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

As I pulled up, I was blown away. Great, classy place, with plenty of gravitas. About 10 minutes after checking in, I needed my car. I called down and was told 10 minutes. I went down after 10 minutes and waited a further 15. After seeing a 'walk-up' get her car much quicker, I inquired to my car's status...and was told it was stuck in a line....yet the valet that was running toward the other side ultimately pulled up in 5 minutes with my car. I'm not a fan of lame excuses.

Ditto room service. While it was incredibly tasty, I can't help but feel that my club sandwich would have been significantly better with bread or the avocado. I didn't eat the bread or avocado because it had some unappealing aioli/mayo which I asked specifically not to have on it. Breakfast in room was also good, but generally, I don't prefer full ice cubes in my smoothies.

Also, they asked on check in if I wanted the paper, and then offered me a choice of the AJC or the Times or both - which was really great! It would have been even better had I actually RECEIVED a paper on Sunday morning.

Room cleanliness is generally wonderful, but having to look behind the nightstand for a power outlet gave me a glimpse of a ton of dust bunnies. Not cool.

So, the negatives end there. The positives? The shower had great temp and water pressure, the LodgeNet on the TV was controllable by my iPhone, and the bed was VERY comfortable. The staff was also incredibly friendly!

I think it's a nice hotel, but honestly, some of the other Starwood properties in ATL take care of the details a little bit better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear MNComputerGeek,
I truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Bringing these details to our attention allows us to improve our service and I have shared your comments with our department leadership. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the St. Regis brand is known.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis with a friend for a spa weekend in October. The room was beautifully appointed, clean and had an impossibly luxurious bed. My friend and I booked a half day at the spa that included massages, manicures, pedicures and body wraps. We took advantage of the sauna while we were there as well, and felt like we were walking on cloud nine when we were done. The hotel is also steps away from Chops and Lobster Bar, so we indulged for dinner at both that weekend. We sat poolside during the day. Although the weather was a bit chilly, we were able to warm ourselves by the giant fireplace next to the pool. I can't wait to return for another spa weekend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DearBizTravelerfromATL,
It is a pleasure to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. We are pleased that your experience exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed an afternoon on our Pool Piazza. I am delighted to hear of your plans to return to our address and we look forward to welcoming you.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

When you open the door to your room, the lights fade on and music starts playing. In that moment, all the stress of traveling melted away. It's one of the many touches that make you feel less like a guest in a hotel, and more like a guest in someone's home. And with a Whole Foods across the street, it's like I never left Austin. I only wish the workout facilities were a little more beefed up.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear apollo1213,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the St. Regis Atlanta. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and the service you were provided. I hope you will choose The St. Regis Atlanta on your next visit to Atlanta.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the St. Regis, Atlanta. The lobby was beautiful and the flower arrangements were breathtaking. Very beautiful. We loved the bar. Great bloody marys and martinis. We had dinner next door at Chops and that was wonderful, too. We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sugarmonkie,
Thank you for your compliments of the St. Regis Atlanta. Our lobby flower arrangement is our tribute to Caroline Astor, mother of our founder John Jacob Astor IV. I am delighted to hear of your plans to return to our address and we look forward to welcoming you.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The St. Regis Atlanta is by far the best hotel around. By "around", I am referring to the Atlanta area. The hotel exudes class, from the moment you drive up. The staff treated us as if we were residents, calling us by name after having only seen us once at check-in. The property has many amenities, including a couple of outdoor fireplaces and lounge areas, a secluded and upscale bar (and billiard room), a large workout facility with a large variety of exercise equipment, a spa (great massages!), and a beautiful pool area. Our room had the feel of a suite. We left the room to run across the street to Whole Foods and found the following upon our return: Our beds had been turned down, the throw pillows on the beds had been stored in the credenza, there were slippers on the floor on the side of each bed, the lights were turned down, and light jazz was playing on the in-room stereo. A feature on the phone allows you to maneuver the lighting for the entire room, including the entrance way/foyer. Room service was swift, professional, and pleasant. I used SPG points to book the room, but I would definitely pay full price - it's worth every penny. I can't comment on the kids activities because we did not seek them. The hotel is within walking distance to the Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza, which is were we found Lego Land!

Room Tip: Our room was perfect. I don't know what else to say because our room had everything we needed a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pickychick68,
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at The St. Regis Atlanta. Our in-town resort provides guests with many amenities and I am glad to see you enjoyed many of them during your stay including our award-winning Remede Spa. We value our SPG guests and we hope you return again very soon.
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed in December 2012 during a medical convention. Made a reservation for 3 nights, checked out after 1 night and moved to the Four Seasons, which was much better. Hotel needs to bring in new staff and kick out the locals from taking over facilities from paying guests, or rebrand it a Westin. An embarrassment for the St Regis brand.

PROS -
- Very kind bellman upon arrival.

CONS -
- Tries desperately to be an elegant hotel, but looks like a McMansion. Ridiculous faux European architecture with ersatz Southern chintz style - Alexis and Krystal Carrington would feel at home. The middle class locals seem to be impressed and think it's "real fancy". However, absolutely no character like other St. Regis properties.

- Location in a banal suburb with a strip mall and supermarket across the street. Welcome to Atlanta.

- Poor housekeeping attention to detail. Checked in with a burned out light in the chandelier. Two phone calls and six hours later, was finally replaced. No wash clothes in the bathroom, and only one bath mat in a large bathroom with slippery marble floors.

- Very little bathroom product - for example, no bar of soap in the shower, no bath salts for the soak tub. For their prices and supposed level of luxury, unacceptable.

- Was there during a busy time, so no upgrade for a SPG Platinum member booking through AMEX Platinum reservation. I understand hotel was full, but was given a room in the back overlooking a construction site which started noisy work at 7:30 AM. Was not told about this at check-in.

- Very loud bar badly managed. Seemed to be mostly locals, with no attention paid to enforcing a dress code or giving priority seating to hotel guests. Unfortunately, Buckhead has denizens belonging to the bellowing classes rather than the chatting classes. Also, limited beverage choice - waitress did not know what an armagnac was (just as well - they didn't have it - remember, it's Atlanta), and had only a limited selection of mass market cognacs - had the feeling most of the patrons there would have mixed the latter with Coke and ice.

- Hotel parks flashy cars belonging to locals out front, which is really vulgar and tasteless (seems to be a theme of the hotel). Those of us who are actually staying at the hotel with rental cars have to wait.

- Mediocre room service with absurd prices. First meal was an average club sandwich with soggy fries. Second meal was room service breakfast of average smoked salmon bagel, a side of berries and beverages was $70. Thankfully, was incuded in the AMEX Platinum program. Now I know why they don't put prices on the breakfast card to hang on the door. This is Atlanta, not Paris.

- No follow up at front desk. Besides not advising me of the construction noise issue at check-in, a front office manager said she would add SPG points to my account for the problems I had encountered. Two months later, still waiting, and not holding my breath.

Room Tip: Go to the Four Seasons
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
DearNYCBizTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit. We carefully review all feedback and I have shared your concerns with our leadership team. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our gracious hospitality during your next trip to Atlanta.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Walking into the St Regis it has a classic and regal feeling. The service is what you would expect at a 5 star hotel and reflects service I've experienced at other St Regis hotels. The staff really pays attention to details and even sent up chocolate covered strawberries as my husband and I were there celebrating. We got a room with a balcony that was large enough to sunbathe on however I would skip the upgrade next time because it faced a loud and noisy parking garage. Not much of a view. Where I was disappointed was in the upkeep of the room. The carpet was torn out from along the edge of the wall, there was mold in the shower, and at night there was a loud whistling caused from a pressure difference between the balcony door and the hallway door which does not make for a great nights sleep. These are all minor things but for a five star hotel and the price of a room they are hard to ignore. On a positive the bathtub is incredible it is so deep you can swim in it and opens up to the TV so you can take a bath and watch a movie or read, and the beds are very comfortable with plush pillows. This is a good hotel if you like amenities such as spa (which we also enjoyed), gym, pool and you cannot beat the service the entire staff provides.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the parking garage
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jtraveler44,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your compliments of our service. We apologize that our facilities did not exceed your expectations. Your comments have been shared with our engineering team to be corrected and to ensure this type of experience is not repeated. We hope that you will consider our address again the next time you travel to Atlanta.

Been to The St. Regis Atlanta? Share your experiences!