“Wonderful Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
NJ
“Wonderful Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hotel is a pretty hotel, but I rated it high because of the staff that work at the property. All of the staff from the bellmen to the front desk seemed focused on ensuring that I had a good stay. The only downside was that the wait staff in the restaurant were a bit slow at lunch (although perhaps they were trying to provide us time to talk). The quality of the food was very high (wasnt sure if I should order a salad with shrimp in Atlanta, but it was very good). The guest rooms are large and the updated features with light and other operations from the phone and TV in the bathroom mirror were something unique and fun. I missed the champagne opening, but heard from colleagues that it was something fun and interesting to see. A downside would be travel to/from Hartsfield Airport (website suggested about $35 cab ride, but it really was about $50 each way with fees and tips). They do offer a free car service for short rides locally so a car is not really necessary for a business meeting held at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Novawildcat89,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The St. Regis Atlanta! We appreciate our frequent business travelers and I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent. Your comments regarding our restaurant service have been noted and shared with our culinary leadership. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
McDonough, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times in the past years! Its a yearly date night for me and my husband mixed with a business event! Great hotel, great service! We are treated so well and spoiled for one night! This year we had a veranda and it was a great view for us. The food at the business event was speactacular. I am not a fish person but the Seared Sea Bass was to die for! The most amazing dessert I have had, Pecan Praline Cheesecake!
I will recommend this hotel to everyone. All of us enjoy the service and our stay every year!

DearTinaM20,
It is a joy to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff strives to provide uncompromising service to all our guests and I am pleased to read you experienced this first hand. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband again very soon.
Lone Tree, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

After my stay at St. Regis in December, 2012, an extra charge appeared on my account for the "honor bar." I never used the "honor bar." I contacted the hotel (it took 3 days with multiple calls to speak to a real person) and was told my account would be credited for the erroneous charge, but it would take a "few days" to appear on my account. 5 weeks later, NO CREDIT. Hotel amenities are very nice, business office is SUSPECT.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Maggie3,
I appreciate the feedback you have provided. We have attempted to reach out to you directly via private message. We would like to discuss the details of your stay and hope that you will reach out to our hotel manager directly by phone or email. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The St. Regis Atlanta and we hope to speak with you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Beautiful hotel, great rooms, food, bar. I always love staying at the hotel and probably stay 8-10 nights per year. This last stay I did notice that the room wasn't as clean as in past visits (smudge on the mirror, brown scuff in the bottom of the bath tub). It could be an anomaly, I will repost after my next visit. My only improvement would be a request to build out a better gym. The treadmills and elipticals are fine, but there are very few feww weights and machines.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Senih G, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Dean K,
I appreciate the feedback you have provided. Bringing these details to our attention allows us the opportunity to improve our property and experience for each and every guest. Your comments and suggestions will be reviewed by our leadership committee. We value our frequent travelers and hope you will share your feedback when you return.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just can't say enough about the service at St. Regis in Buckhead ATL. This was my second stay at this hotel and again was treated with service that was over the top. I arrived with a slight fever and feeling ill and the staff send up chicken noodle soup shortly after I arrived. They were very helpful to make me as comfortable as possible during my illness. I felt well cared for and was pleased when I awoke the next day feeling much better. I look forward to my visits to Buckhead annually.

Dear Jeanne M,
Thank you for choosing to be our guest during your recent stay in Atlanta. Our staff strives to provide exceptional service to all guests and I am pleased to learn they provided a bit of comfort to you during your illness. It will be my pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for NYE, and thoroughly enjoyed the property...again! We've stayed here four or five times previously, are Starwood members, and thoroughly enjoy all the extra touches that make the St. Regis special. The superior and deluxe rooms are well appointed and consistent. The sabering of the champagne nightly at 6 is cool. The bar is not a typical hotel bar (that's a good thing) but more of a dark, cozy destination. We also had one of the best brunches ever on New Year's Day--the food was fantastic. We want to give a big shout out to Paul Hagan, who is such a gentleman and went well out of his way to make our stay memorable. One downside (other than having to pay for all this marvelous-ness) was the brunch hostess with the attitude, as we did not have reservations for the brunch. She could have used an adjustment, but other than that, the staff were pleasant and helpful. Thanks for another great memory!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We go thru ATL pretty often since my brother lives there and my parents live in Columbus. Needless to say, we stay at a lot of hotels in ATL. Full disclosure, I am a Starwood junkie - but mostly stay at W or Westin... The St Regis is just on another level - similar to Ritz or Four Seasons. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated (I LOVE the Heavenly Bed, but the St Regis bed was even better) and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We even got the chance to ice skate in ATLANTA at their beautiful rink. Can't say enough about the place - location is great right across from Whole Foods, great gourmet pizza Place next door, great brunch Place across the street - don't miss this Place!

• Stayed December 2012
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Mavrwl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The St. Regis Atlanta! We appreciate our loyal Starwood guests and I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our magical Astor Ice Skating Rink, as well as various local restaurants in our area. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Been to The St. Regis Atlanta? Share your experiences!