“Best place we've stayed in Atlanta by far” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
“Best place we've stayed in Atlanta by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We go thru ATL pretty often since my brother lives there and my parents live in Columbus. Needless to say, we stay at a lot of hotels in ATL. Full disclosure, I am a Starwood junkie - but mostly stay at W or Westin... The St Regis is just on another level - similar to Ritz or Four Seasons. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated (I LOVE the Heavenly Bed, but the St Regis bed was even better) and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We even got the chance to ice skate in ATLANTA at their beautiful rink. Can't say enough about the place - location is great right across from Whole Foods, great gourmet pizza Place next door, great brunch Place across the street - don't miss this Place!

• Stayed December 2012
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Mavrwl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The St. Regis Atlanta! We appreciate our loyal Starwood guests and I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our magical Astor Ice Skating Rink, as well as various local restaurants in our area. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Atanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We decided to skip holiday cooking this year and made a reservation at the St. Regis's Astor Court. It was INCREDIBLE!!! We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The food was impeccable, the service was amazing and the atmosphere of the restaurant and holiday decor was just wonderful!! We would consider it again for next year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear TraveLoggin,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the St. Regis Atlanta. Our address is a magical place during the holidays and I am pleased that our Christmas Dinner in Astor Court exceeded your expectations. I hope your family will return to our address again very soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here to celebrate a friend's milestone birthday with a group of girlfriends. Beautiful property, accommodating staff, nice details in the room (TV in the bathroom mirror, light controls in the bedside consol, oversized bath sheets, etc.) Pre-dinner cocktails in the lounge were fun, with a nice atmosphere. At this price point, I wouldn't be a regular but I'm not unhappy with our stay either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear ADM_BayArea,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit. Our exquisite atmosphere and uncompromising service make us an ideal location for a special celebration we appreciate your acknowledgement. I hope you will choose to visit our address again when you return to Atlanta.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was really looking forward to staying at the St. Regis Atlanta. I saw all the great reviews on here and spoke to a Starwood Rep that had great things to say. The Rep told me of "high class service and luxury." I guess the day that my wife and I went the staff did not exhibit the "high class service." We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon. Check-in was fine, valet fine. The front desk did not ask me if I was celebrating something, it was straight-forward. I said I am staying one night for a celebration and the only reply I received was "only one night, stay longer." I work constantly and I could only afford time for one night to celebrate. I asked if there were any upgrades, and was told "no." I was told they were "sold out," which I don't know if it was true or not because they still had rooms available when I looked online that morning. I checked in on the 8th floor. The floor itself needs work such as maintenance. The walls were banged up, there was a whole in one of the walls in the hallway. There was an old stain visible. It was dirty. The room itself, room #802 was a Superior room with an awful view of construction next door. The curtain had a rust stain on it - looked like dried blood. The shower had a several holes in the marble. That night my wife noticed a dried blood smear on her pillow? We called housekeeping and manager came up, confirmed it was blood, briefly apologized. He took the pillow and a housekeeper came back 15 minutes later..THe in-room breakfast was great, the food and service - Ali was superb. A great conversationlist who takes pride in his work. He is from Iraq and was telling us about his family and how he enjoys his job in America. Also the lady who checked us out, Gabriella, was terrific. I presented my issues with her regarding the shower and the tub drain not working, about housekeeping, etc. She apologized and took care of my breakfast, which is a start. She also gave me her card and welcomed my wife and I back, she offered to do a complimentary room upgrade of my return. Then lastly, Ingram (I think his name) was also great and polite on the Valet side. Overall, I wasn't "wowed" and this trip and St Regis Atlanta did not live up to the expectations I was expecting. I like RC and Four Seasons and also get the "wow" factor there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jhw82,
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that your stay was anything less than exceptional. I would like to discuss the details of your stay and I have reached out to you directly with a private message. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The St. Regis Atlanta. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality for which the St. Regis brand is known.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

My family truly enjoyed our stay at the St. Regis. Our children (ages 1 and 3) were so excited to see Santa, the gingerbread house, the magnificent Christmas tree and the ice skating rink. Multiple members of the staff ensured that the girls enjoyed all aspects of the property. A member even delivered a "special treat" (cookies) to our room for them to enjoy.
The Metropolitan Suite is extraordinary. Our butler, Stephanie, was attentive and pleasant.
Given our experience, we plan on visiting the property annually during the holidays.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear BigChief17,
It is wonderful to read your recent review of The St. Regis Atlanta. We were honored you chose our address to celebrate the holidays and we appreciate you recognizing our staff and uncompromising service. I wish you and your family warm holiday wishes and look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
New Albany, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was visiting one of our stores at Lenox Square and needed to eat something but it was 9:45PM on a Sunday, the only thing I had going for me was it was December and it felt like there would be a good chance something was open... But I wanted a good experience besides just good food!

I drove up to the valet at the hotel and asked, do you have a place I could get some food still open? By now it was 10PM so I figured I wasn’t going to find a place outside of one of the hotels nearby... Happily surprised by the whole experience, the bellman said we have food all night long and they had a bar that was still open. I headed up to the bar and loved the whole experience and food was perfect! Had my usual scotch and a flatbread with tomatoes and shrimp... Great team at the bar as well!!

What a short, relaxing and fun experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
StRegisAtlanta, General Manager at The St. Regis Atlanta, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear FEOHIO,
It brings me great pleasure to read about your experience in The St. Regis Bar. I hope you will visit our metropolitan manor again soon. Best wishes this holiday season to you and your family.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel has the best service I have ever seen from the Front Desk - Jenee_ i think her name is to the Valets
They treat you like a King
Even if they are full they still have time for every guest and the lady at the Front desk late at night is sooo nice to everyone even when they are not

Room Tip: Facing the front
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear TomL,
Thank you for sharing your compliments of The St. Regis Atlanta. Our staff strives to provide personalized service to all guests and I am pleased you have experienced our exceptional service first hand. It will be my pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Been to The St. Regis Atlanta? Share your experiences!