I was really looking forward to staying at the St. Regis Atlanta. I saw all the great reviews on here and spoke to a Starwood Rep that had great things to say. The Rep told me of "high class service and luxury." I guess the day that my wife and I went the staff did not exhibit the "high class service." We arrived on a Wednesday afternoon. Check-in was fine, valet fine. The front desk did not ask me if I was celebrating something, it was straight-forward. I said I am staying one night for a celebration and the only reply I received was "only one night, stay longer." I work constantly and I could only afford time for one night to celebrate. I asked if there were any upgrades, and was told "no." I was told they were "sold out," which I don't know if it was true or not because they still had rooms available when I looked online that morning. I checked in on the 8th floor. The floor itself needs work such as maintenance. The walls were banged up, there was a whole in one of the walls in the hallway. There was an old stain visible. It was dirty. The room itself, room #802 was a Superior room with an awful view of construction next door. The curtain had a rust stain on it - looked like dried blood. The shower had a several holes in the marble. That night my wife noticed a dried blood smear on her pillow? We called housekeeping and manager came up, confirmed it was blood, briefly apologized. He took the pillow and a housekeeper came back 15 minutes later..THe in-room breakfast was great, the food and service - Ali was superb. A great conversationlist who takes pride in his work. He is from Iraq and was telling us about his family and how he enjoys his job in America. Also the lady who checked us out, Gabriella, was terrific. I presented my issues with her regarding the shower and the tub drain not working, about housekeeping, etc. She apologized and took care of my breakfast, which is a start. She also gave me her card and welcomed my wife and I back, she offered to do a complimentary room upgrade of my return. Then lastly, Ingram (I think his name) was also great and polite on the Valet side. Overall, I wasn't "wowed" and this trip and St Regis Atlanta did not live up to the expectations I was expecting. I like RC and Four Seasons and also get the "wow" factor there.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Atlanta Hotel
- The St. Regis Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- The St Regis Atlanta
- St Regis Hotel Atlanta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exquisite enclave of Buckhead, The St. Regis Atlanta stands out as an impeccably groomed AAA Five Diamond boutique hotel resort with unsurpassed pampering in a grand location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Venere, Travelocity, Amex, Olotels, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The St. Regis Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.