“A Little Peace of Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast
You added Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
804 Edgewood Ave, NE, Atlanta, GA 30307 (Inman Park)   |
Special Price
20% off any room!
Ranked #4 of 29 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Cincinnati
“A Little Peace of Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

My wife and I traveled from Cincinnati to Atlanta for our boys sports competition. We elected to book this wonderful B&B in lieu of the team hotel. We were graciously welcomed by Miss Josie and given a tour of this beautifully decorated 1892 Victorian Mansion. There are three bedrooms upstairs and we chose the Aviary with a beautifully painted ceiling, The spacious bathroom is across the hall but not a big deal. Our friends stayed in the middle room which had an out door patio which we enjoyed complete with a chiminea and perfect for sharing our bottle of wine. The master suite was open and had a huge bedroom, front porch, massive soaking tub and a rear patio.

Miss Josie spoiled us and made us a delicious breakfast. She is a real Southern Belle and a joy to know.

The location is perfect for accessing downtown and the nearby areas. There is a nearby metro station and although we heard the trains they were not a distraction for us. Some nearby restaurants are walking distance.

We plan to stay there next year when we return to Atlanta. The owners, Debbie and Jim are very personable and even have a little fridge with soda and beer for the guests along with a funnel to fill water bottles. Very classy folks.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

When we chose to stay at Sugar Magnolia for our 3-night visit to Atlanta, little did we know that we would leave with such wonderful memories!

Our room, the Royal Suite, had a comfy king bed, large sitting area, large bathroom, and a beautiful balcony off the front. Breakfasts each morning, served in the dining room downstairs, were delicious. And our hosts, Debi and Jim, could not have been more congenial.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed at Sugar Magnolia for 2 nights in the Royal Suite. The room was huge and the large bathroom was a definite plus! Double sink, large shower, and double whirlpool tub. The hosts were welcoming let us use their computer to print tickets off to an area attraction. The breakfast was tasty-- basic, sort of like what you might make for yourself on a saturday morning-- the first morning we had a crossiant with egg and bacon and a bowl of fresh fruit, the next a had a waffle with berries. However there was cereal available every morning and coffee, tea, juice and milk. An added bonus was that were were soft drinks, water, beer and single servings of Kurig (coofee, tea, hot cocoa, cider), available complimentary throughout the day. The house was very conv. to many attractions and there is a MARTA stop close by. We drove everywhere and were never in the car long. One thing that is good to know up front is that you cannot lock the door to your room from the outside. We felt comfortable with this, but it was unexpected. The house is really lovely and a lot of care has been taken in restoring the home.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

Our stay at the Sugar Magnolia was very memorable. We stayed in the Cottage suite behind the main house. First off - the actual space feels very spacious and is flooded with natural light. It was lovely to recline on the daybed in the living room and stare up at the swaying tree branches or big bright moon - such a treat!

The little staircase is very stable and climbing up and down it sort of reminded me of a favorite tree-house from childhood. The loft bed was tucked in a little nook with it's very own skylight. It made sleeping romantic and cozy - like being in a warm little cove away from the world. I woke up in the morning to the sounds of songbirds and sunlight. I cannot express how lovely and relaxing it really was.

The two-person tub was the highlight of the cottage. It too has it's own separate skylight over the tub. Soaking in the huge tub filled with hot water and fluffy bubbles staring up at the night sky with soft music (from my laptop) playing in the background melted away every stress from the busy tourist and traffic filled day. I am going to have to re-create this setup one day when I buy my own house. It is a must have for me now! :)

Josie lives in the house connected to the cottage suite. She is the mother of Debbie who is one of the owner's of the Sugar Magnolia. Josie is the sweetest soul I've ever encountered. I was so refreshed by her bubbly, youthful spirit and instantly felt like a treasured friend. She showed me her hat collection and her classic car - also named Josie.

Debbie was very helpful and chatted with us and two other guests over breakfast the first morning. She was always considerate of our privacy and was very willing to accommodate our vegetarian breakfast requests. We had a delicious broccoli, cheese, and onion quiche with pink grapefruit in the main house's dining room the first morning and waffles and berries in the cottage the second.

I'm sorry I didn't get to spend any time with her husband Jim - he seemed to be bustling with activity and we didn't encounter him much but every time we did he was super friendly.

Tuffy their adorable little black curly haired dog really made the stay perfect for my dog-adoring husband. It made us feel like we were at home to have him greet us each time we stopped by the main house and made us miss our puppies a little less. It is good to have a daily tail-wag thrown our way! :)

The house is really more beautiful than the pictures can convey. My husband and I very much enjoyed our stay in the Sugar Magnolia cottage.

** In the cottage there are two little booklets filled with entries from past guests dating back to 2007. Reading through them made my heart melt to see how many guests have loved their experiences in the same place I was taking refuge. It made me feel connected to a whole network of rest-seeking travelers and gave me a better perspective on the bed and breakfast experience. If you're staying here is it a must to flip through and especially to leave your own entry! :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Sugar Magnolia is cozy, clean and a safe haven in Atlanta. Debi and Jim are gracious and hospitable with their home and make you feel like part of the family. I highly recommend this B&B...plus their breakfasts are delicious!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

We were in Atlanta for one night to attend a concert and decided to try out a B&B. It was first for both of us.

The stay was very pleasant. The home was charming and very well maintained. The room (The Royal Suite) was beautiful and very clean. Really wish we had been able to stay another night. It was a restful stay. The hosts were very nice and we had some good conversation with the other guests over a nice breakfast, which was a quiche and some fresh fruit. We'll be back the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Great Location, very gracious and accomodating hosts, very nice breakfast each morning. Beautiful, clean room ( Blue Room- largest bathroom I have ever seen) and bed slept very well. Wonderful porches to sit and rock awhile, close to downtownn Atlanta. My husband enjoyed the southern hospitality very much and we will return. A+ !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!