“Swank Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Swank Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed her to celebrate our anniversary. We had a nice, modern room with a beautiful view of the Atlanta skyline and an amazing shower. The bed had one of the most comfortable pillows I've ever put my head on. They even surprised us with two complimentary glasses of champagne! We also very much enjoyed their room service and wished we had more time to enjoy the impressive gym and pool/wet bar at the top of the hotel.

You have to pay for what you get, but it was an awesome experience and a memorable anniversary. Valet parking is a bit chaotic and organized, but once you're in the hotel, it really is whatever/whenever!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and happy anniversary! We receive great feedback on our signature W Pillow Top Beds. They are available from our online store if you would like to experience the same comfort at home! We look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps for another celebration. Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My fiancé and I recently did a stay-cation at the Downtown W hotel. Saying that we were treated well would be a huge understatement. We were treated like royalty! I had several major surprises I wanted to do for my fiancé and the hotel, specifically Pablo-Andres Lopez went so far above and beyond to help me! I've stayed at W properties before but my experience at the Downtown W went far beyond any expectation! Our room was gorgeous with a beautiful view of downtown Atlanta, Pablo took us up to the helipad on the roof to check out the views, the bars were a lot of fun, and at every turn the staff was all smiles and very accommodating! We will definitely be back next time we do another stay-cation!

Room Tip: Corner suite had incredible views! Highly recommend it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown! We love helping to make sweet memories for our guests. We could not do this without the professionalism and dedication of our team. I will be sure to share your kind words with Pablo-Andres. We hope to see you many more times in the future. Cheers!
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We've been staying at the W Hotel in Downtown ATL for three years now each December for the SEC Championship Game. The staff is great to work with. The spa is amazing. The Living Room downstairs is quiet and comfortable and the bar upstairs is rocking! The staff always treats us like royalty when we are there and that's why we keep coming back! Love the easy walk to restaurants and coffee shops and lots of our customers and clients are within easy walking distance as well. Looking forward to another great experience this year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
And we look forward to welcoming you back! Thank you so much for your loyalty to W Atlanta Downtown. It is our goal to impress you more with every stay. We are so privileged to have such a wonderful team. Luckily you can enjoy hand crafted cocktails and a great ambiance at either Living Room or Drinkshop without ever needing to leave the hotel. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the W Downtown Atlanta for several days. It is a great looking hotel, with beautiful views and beautiful room. We were allowed to bring our well behaved dog, he loved it, too! It is convenient to the highway, downtown and midtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed the design of the hotel and found the rooms to be spacious and the bed comfortable. We love pets and our P.A.W. (Pets are Welcome) program allows your four-legged companions to enjoy the good life at W. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at W in mid-June and it was an amazing experience. The staff was very helpful and the room was neat. The hotel is well located, you can easily walk to great restaurants, shops, museum. The pool offers a great with of the surronding building and is quite welcome by a hot day!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for posting a review. We're so glad you enjoyed our central location and I’m glad you found the room to be comfortable. I truly appreciate your kind words about our staff – they work hard to provide exceptional guest experiences. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to seeing you again.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We really wanted to try out the W and I'm so glad we did! We reserved a corner room and it was nice and spacious with lovely decor. The staff was great and we were really close to the restuarants that we wanted to try out. My favorite part about our stay at the W had to be the drivers. They would drive you anywhere within a 1 or 2 mile radius and they were absolutely the best. Will definitely come back again, the next time I'm in Atlanta!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience at W Atlanta Downtown! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and I will share your wonderful comments with our team. On your next girls weekend, you might enjoy our Fun in the Sun package which includes access to WET/WETBAR, two cocktails at WET, 20% off Bliss Spa and much, much more. Check our Special Offers page. We look forward to welcoming you back. Until next time. Cheers!
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went to the W Hotel Downtown last June for a convention and I want to say that the experience was very pleasant. I was very well cared for and served. In addition, I have to spend my birthday and I want to thank especially Pablo Andres Lopez for making me feel like a true VIP!
Thank you again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to spotlight the service you received. I will be sure to share your comments with Pablo-Andres and the entire team. I’m glad you enjoyed your birthday and that we helped create a memorable experience. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Until next time. Cheers!

Been to W Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!