“Awesome Suite!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, England
“Awesome Suite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed from 10th Nov to the 14th. Town car from the airport was the around the same price as a taxi.

When we arrived we were informed we had been upgraded to a suite.We travel a lot taking 7-8 vacations a year but we were blown away by this room.Wow it was spectacular. There was a dining table that seated 6-8, two giant sofas in the lounge area with two lounge chairs and a giant Plasma.The bedroom was on the corner of the hotel with an amazing view and the bathroom was wow too.

All of the staff at the hotel were amazing,always greeted you by name and really friendly.It would be hard to pick one particular member of staff out as they were all good however we have to mention Michael at check in who always welcomed us back to the hotel and was genuinely interested in what we had been up to that day.

The hotel is perfectly placed for an easy walk to all the main attractions,The aquarium.the world of Coca Cola and CNN.We visited all of these and enjoyed them all,we had an Atlanta city pass which we purchased before hand and is good value if you plan to visit one or more of the main attractions

We asked Emily the Concierge to recommend some places for Dinner and both were awesome,South City Kitchen and Ra sushi.

There is not a lot to do around the Hotel at night but that's not an issue as they have two cool bars and the Acura service will drop you where you want and most of the time even collect you if they can.

We got the Acura to drop us off to cool breakfast spots West Egg and Thumbs Up. Both well worth a visit, really good breakfast and excellent value. There are a few shops near West Egg, nice for a stroll.

Used the gym and pool. Very well equipped and big for a hotel. The pool was heated.

Overall great hotel with fantastic staff.

Room Tip: High floor for a great view of Downtown Atlanta.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I will be sure to share your feedback with Michael, Amy and the rest of our team. They do a terrific job and consistently provide outstanding service to our guests. It’s a nice perk for W Atlanta Downtown to be so close to so many different downtown attractions. Especially if you are able to take advantage of our complimentary Acura car service. I’m glad you enjoyed the design of the hotel and had an opportunity to use Wet, our zero-edge pool and Sweat, our work-out facility on the 16th floor with amazing views. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We celebrated my Birthday at the W for just one night and it was just what we were looking for! We normally stay at the Westin when we go downtown but decided to and the new place this time and we were glad we did! We arrived at the hotel very early, before 11am and we were allowed to check in as soon as we arrived. We received a room upgrade to a corner room and were very pleased. We had privacy, it was very quite the entire time, we felt like we were in a world of our own in our room. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The decor of the room was very "sexy" and the ammenities were plenty! I guess the highlight of our stay would be the bed! It was so soft and we loved it! The tv was awesome as it was large and turned to view from the couch area and bed area and had dvd. The room was very large and plenty of closet and drawer space. The large windows with a great view kept our eyes glued out! The hotel is walking distance to Hooters and Planet Hollywood and even further than that if you wanted. I would recommend this hotel for romance or adults.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for such a wonderful review! I’m glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your early arrival and I sincerely appreciate your comments about our talent. We receive great feedback from guests on our signature W pillow top beds. They help make W Atlanta Downtown feel like your home away from home. I'm glad you had a memorable birthday and thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown. Until next time. Cheers!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I came for a Oxygen facial with Danyelle. The spa is amazing! It's not the largest spa in the world, but what it lacks in space it makes up for in amenities and service! Bliss is immaculately clean and well kept. They bring you back to the locker/waiting area and show you all the amenities and dont croud you, but you also don't feel like you're being ignored. The plush waiting area has hot tea, cucumber ice water, and brownies! The shower turns almost immeditately into a steam room with the push of 1 button. It can also function as just a normal shower with the option of a "rainforest" head. The facial with Danyelle was great. I'm young-ish, so my skin isnt horrible, but the difference before and after was visible. During the treatment she even gave me a mini massage on my arms and legs. When I went to check out she had prepared a basket of the products she reccomended for my skin but there was no pressure to purchase them. It was a nice touch and I did get the face mask she picked out (which I love and has helped my dry skin). Everyting about Bliss was great. Thank you everyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you! We genuinely appreciate your comments about Bliss Atlanta Downtown and our talent. I’m very glad to hear that you were able to experience our Triple Oxygen Facial – it’s one of our most popular spa services! I look forward to sharing your comments with Danyelle and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is very attractive and well decorated. The service was superior and the room service was phenomenal. Finally, the room rate was very reasonable for such a well-appointed downtown Atlanta property. I was impressed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your review! I’m very glad to hear you enjoyed the design of the hotel and the superior service. Thank you for choosing W Atlanta Downtown and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for business during the SEC. The lobby gets very loud with music and people during the evening. The staff at the front are very friendly. The room is dark, but very modern and comfortable. The beds were great and the bathroom was roomy with lots of shelves. The room was very quiet. Plenty of outlets for your electronics. 2 things that bothered me, the valet was extremely rude. I had to call each morning for my car and was not greeted warmly. They were not polite and rarely moved with speed. Even after calling down, waiting 5 minutes, then making my way over to valet, they were sitting in their room and had not even begun to get my car. When I pulled back up to valet in the evening, i was rarely greeted and had to wait or get out of my car to find someone. The towels in the bathroom smelled horrible!! I don't know what they use to wash them but i had to hold my breath to dry off. This needs to be fixed.

Room Tip: higher floor gets rid of the street noise. Stay away from elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel and the service provided by our staff. I was concerned to hear about the issues with the linen. I reviewed your feedback with the appropriate department and I will personally work with the valet parking provider to improve the level of service. Your parking experience is clearly not consistent with our standards. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Quick check in, nice room, and very comfy beds! The hotel is right across the street from a great music venue and we were able to take a short walk there and back. My only complaint would be the mandatory valet parking ($20).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your review! I’m glad to hear you found the hotel to be comfortable and convenient. On your next visit, be sure to check the Special Offers page on our website for packages that include complimentary valet parking. We look forward to welcoming you back. Cheers!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Upon arrival, I was greeted by Ada at the welcome desk. I assume I did not meet the hip standards of a W guest, even though I've stayed at many W's including this one twice before. When the credit card swipe would not read my card, she rudely told me I needed to use another card. I gave her another one, but the reader wouldn't read it either. She seemed very disgusted that my cards were worn. She told me that I must use them too often and asked me why my card providers had not given me new ones. I asked her why she couldn't key in my card numbers. She told me that wasn't a possibility. So I waited five more awkward minutes while she tried a couple more times to swipe my cards and stared at me like I was an alien bothering her. I was frustrated at this point bc I had two teenage boys with me who were anxious to get to the Miami Heat game we would soon be late for. Finally, she told me she would email me a card authorization form and I could go to the business center and fill it out. She admitted that she actually could key in my numbers but was not supposed to for security reasons. My time at the welcome desk took about 15 minutes. She did go ahead and provide me with room keys so the guys could go ahead and drop off their things and get ready for the game while I went back down to the business center to deal with the paperwork. When I checked into the St Regis the next day, they keyed in the numbers immediately after it wouldn't read them from the swipe. The teenage guys with me remarked about how everyone at the St Regis was over the top friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The Whatever/Whenever policy is true of the St Regis much more so than the W.

The savior of our W experience is Amy, the concierge with her AMAZING act of kindness in placing a sweet welcome note and incredible Lebron James poster (like a fat head) in our room celebrating our trip into town for the game. This made my student's night. She also extended to us an upgrade to a cool corner room, which was so very kind. Thanks Amy!

Overall, our room was great. We loved the pool. Room service was good and prompt. The location is wonderful for doing things downtown. Communication with the hotel prior to arrival was wonderful. Things were just soured by the whole check-in process.

• Stayed November 2012
WAtlantaDowntownGM, General Manager at W Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at W Atlanta Downtown. I was disappointed to hear about the challenges you experienced upon arrival but happy to hear that Amy was able to make your stay memorable for all the right reasons. I enjoyed the photos that you shared and will forward your kind words to Amy.

Been to W Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!