“loved it” 5 of 5 stars

“loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

5 stars and first class without the price- walking distance to everything

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The hotel is almost brand new and looks great! Rooms are big and stylish and very clean but really dark like the rest of the hotel for some reason. The staff were really friendly. The pool terrace is great but the pool was really cold when we were there. The surrounding area is kind of deserted but you can walk to the Aquarium and the sites around there. Really easy to get to from the Interstate though and MARTA station is around the corner too. For such a desolate area parking is expensive at $30, but you can park across the street in an indoor garage for like $8 a night. (There is also lots of parking lots around which are very cheap but we felt safer parking indoors.) A bit disappointing that you don't get free wifi in the rooms in a hotel of this class, but at least there is free wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Allow me to start by saying that this trip was very much needed and spurned out of having way too much family in our two bedroom loft space at one time.
Also allow me to add that I had rented at this same location more than a month prior and was not exactly happy with my stay. There was nothing wrong with the hotel or service per se, I was just put off by the room selection for the event I was hosting there.
After that initial stay I received what I thought to be was a standard and prompted email from the location "manager". I replied with gratitude and appreciation for the service and beauty of the hotel with one recommendation--to make sure that when guests make reservations that if they're coming for an event that they be given recommendations about the style of room and what could best fit the theme of their event.
I went on to add that it was nothing so severe that I would have needed to make a change that night--just that it was an obvious area of improvement in my opinion.

To my very happy surprise I received a response, from the Manager! He expressed his sincere apologies and let me know that the W was very much about making guests happy.
Needless to say, after some good conversations back and forth with him, expressing a future need for a get-a-way he helped me choose a proper room, fulfilled ALL my desires for the room and was ever so wonderful about making the arrangements. We were received with what I believe is the W way to receive guests, with enthusiasm, passion and charm. The rep who checked us in, Michael, was cordial and calm. The attending Manager on duty, Woody, was warm and very forth-coming. He came out to greet us and knew the entire back story of our stay! Sophistication and finesse at it's best, he turned on the charm, offered his card and assured us that whatever/whenever was absolute.

We had reservations at BLT (let me add that it was my partner's 29th Bday and she'd graduated with her Masters only 4 days prior--we had lots to celebrate--alone!!). Instead of going downstairs we decided to order room service from BLT, the attendant Kim, who came up a was quick, efficient, polite and again calm. WE needed calm so much we were really caught off guard by how calm and easy everything/everyone was.
We had a divine meal. I ate the first piece of steak I've had in years! Dinner was delicious, we are extremely serious about our dining so to sit in robes in a hotel room and be so well fed--we were very impressed to say the least.
We decided to go out and take a walk to settle our dinner. There was no hustle and bustle, all the staff were more than happy to fulfill all our needs, most times before we knew we needed them.

The room was immaculate. The bed luxurious. Robes warm and comfortable. Pillows plush like cottony clouds. Our placement was excellent, we had a city view without all the lights. And yes, the room was exactly what we needed. There was something for every whim we could think of.
I dont think we could have asked for a better time. She and I have longed for another get-a-way since...still have family in town (total between the three of them staying with us-- a month and a half :-/)
On the Monday after our stay, the manager wrote back to me, thanking us and asking how our experience was and whether there was anything which he could do for me. Just continue to be wonderful and efficient!

I would Highly recommend the W Downtown Atlanta. They are minutes from Everything. Walking distance to exclusive dining and social night spots, off the highway and pristine!

We've dined at BLT many times, had drinks at the downstairs bar. Not yet at WetBar. We will absolutely be back--they are literally 6 minutes from our home and have officially won themselves over as our in-town home away from home. Looking forward to spa treatments next time!

Go there and be treated like the priceless and amazing person you are! The staff will cater to you without being pushy and the beautiful design will consistently offer surprises around every corner!!!

We LOVE the W Downtown.

Room Tip: Speak with a rep, explain what you're coming for--event, business et cetera and allow them to su...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Stayed 1 night here and 1 night at the W Midtown a couple miles away. Both are great W Hotels. The Downtown property is gorgeous and has unique decor, rooftop pool , fun bar in the lobby and yummy BLT Steak restuarant. My check-in coincided with the mass arrival of volleyball players and their parents. I waited a bit, and an observant member of Guest Services lead me to the bar set me up with a drink and apologized for the delay. About 10-15 mintues later, I received by hand delivered room keys to an upgraded Cool Corner Room. The room was lovely with nice views of the city. Definitely recommend trying BLT Steak, a wonderful restaurant with locations in other major citys - their homemade popovers are delish!

Room Tip: Sign up for Starwood Perferred Guest at SPG.com
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Excellent staff, room, and amenities! I can't say enough about well we were treated from arrival to check out. We had a wonderful dinner at BLT, followed by some drinks at "The Drink Shop", bartender's were fast and friendly all night! Management was accomadating to our early check in, I even received an email a day prior from the GM confirming the last minute request. I will certainly stay here again, and other W Hotels in the future!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We received excellent service and enjoyed first class facilities. Very helpful staff who made our stay very enjoyable. Without a doubt when we return to Atlanta we will be staying at the W Atlanta Downtown.

Also the City of Atlanta and surrounding area was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Palm City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

For all of the pretentiousness of the hotel, the service simply didn't match the hype, the building or decor. For example: we tried to get coffee at the "coffee bar" in the morning to find that the coffee in the coffee urns was cold and the sterno was evaoprated. No attendant at the coffee bar. Found a housekeeper who found someone who then said they would bring some up to my room. It never arrived. We ate at the hotel restaurant both at dinner and at breakfast. At breakfast, the service was very slow and unattentative. No management was present. Although the decor in the guestrooms was contemporary, the lighting was so dark throughout the room and especially in the bathroom, that it was hard to dress or put on makeup. And $30 just to park your car in the garage was outrageous! If you want to take your car out within the 24 hour period, they charge another $30 to bring it back in! Overall, a totally unsatisfactory experience and I definitely could not recommend. We travel very often and found our entire stay completely deplorable.

Room Tip: just don't stay at the W, downtown Atlanta
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to W Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!